Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Wow. That's pretty beneath my expectations. And mine were already low.

Only thing I've ever liked about Injustice, was Lobo in Injustice 2 against the Red Lanterns.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    As much as I like Jon…I hope this fails. I can’t stand the injustice universe (for a variety of reasons) and seeing as this is certainly an excuse for Taylor to have more OCs (or to write characters out of character) , I don’t want to see this working.

At this point I’m almost fine with Jon just disappearing.
    Sounds like DC should announce Injustice 3 san diego comic con by issue 4, sales surge and Adventures of superman season 2 greenlit

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s an infinite Multiverse again so he’ll just pick an Earth and say on that Earth, Murderman’s “dream” is what actually happened. Easy enough way to canonize another one of his OC Superman successors.
    Taylor likes to take the easy options with his writing and the infinite multiverse gives him the excuse to use this. So I can see this kind of explanation being used to justify Lara's involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Taylor likes to take the easy options with his writing and the infinite multiverse gives him the excuse to use this. So I can see this kind of explanation being used to justify Lara's involvement.
    Hah apparently he already did it

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So I'm guessing the main points will be Jon being the purest of pure hearts and re-inspiring all the good guys again and making it clear he's more of a hero and a man than Injustice Superman and stuff to that effect.

Oh man, we're totally going to get Injustice Harley, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I'm guessing the main points will be Jon being the purest of pure hearts and re-inspiring all the good guys again and making it clear he's more of a hero and a man than Injustice Superman and stuff to that effect.

Can’t wait for Jon to be paling around with the woman who helped kill his alternate Earth mom. Maybe there’s a chance Jon will flip out and get pissed at Bats for letting Harley roam free, but I doubt it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Wouldn't surprise me if he was thinking ahead for this possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if he was thinking ahead for this possibility.
    Amongst the many, many reasons I’ve never wanted him near mainline Superman is because I knew he wouldn’t be able to resist crossing over with Injustice. For all his talk of how much he loves Superman, there’s precious little evidence he cares about anything beyond the stuff he’s made. Injustice is Taylor’s magnum opus and he’ll never be able to match his success there. It will always hang over him like a cloud, even if he wanted to move away, which he doesn’t. He’ll cry crocodile tears about evil Superman while he types up another evil Superman pitch.

His time with Jon has just been a desperate attempt to try and force his new OCs on the Superman franchise to stick, and now he’s bringing in Injustice in an attempt to really grab attention and leave a permanent mark on Jon.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Injustice is/will be for Taylor what Doomsday is for Jurgens. He'll always revisit it even decades later past of his prime as writer.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Its Tom Taylor, dude has a total hard on for Harley and Ivy.

We'll prolly get Harley stealing plenty of screentime. She already steals plenty of screentime in all the Injustice stories. About the only good moment with Harley is in I2 where the Kent refuses to allow her in the Fortress of Solitude and she looks down in shame for the obvious she did.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Why can't Taylor have his own lil side pocket of the DCU, where he can play with all his toys, but not effect the actual real DCU.

Oh and by the way, the injustice universe has a Superman, Conner Kent, you know the only true consistently cool asf character anywhere they use him
    Well he definitely wants to make a Revolutionaries series. Hasn't gotten that so at most he just has em guest-star in books he's writing like with Son of Kal.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 02-06-2023 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    When multiverse was "updated" after Dark Crisis Waid said there are some hints of future series in those additions. Maybe Injustice being made Earth-49 was a hint for this.

Anyway, don't know anything about Injustice, can Jon "save" it by beating up his evil dad?
    Doubtful since the game is the main money maker and Clark is one of the mains. At best he'll get an alternate ending where he saves world from and gets to be the hero. Like Damian did in Injustice 2 and the spin off. injustice 2 v Masters of the Universe.

The story of Injustice 1 and 2 are already completed and the game has multiple endings none of which Taylor can hammer Jon into easily. Jon's addition won't impact the world unless the Game developers decide to add him to the 3rd game.

So, we have Ultraman, Murderman, but not Naziman?

Come on Taylor, don't wimp out on the evil trifecta! /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, we have Ultraman, Murderman, but not Naziman?

Come on Taylor, don't wimp out on the evil trifecta! /sarcasm
    I don’t even know if that character exists anymore, after freedom fighters I mean.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I fail to see how sending Jon to the Injustice universe elevates his character. Yes, Taylor made a name for himself by adapting Injustice in comics, but using Jon to shill that universe isn't the most creative or viable option.

Some fans(and possibly the editorial?) already made up their minds that Jon and Clark can't coexist in the same universe.I disagree with that theory and think that both can coexist/ thrive on the same setting.

Amongst the many, many reasons I’ve never wanted him near mainline Superman is because I knew he wouldn’t be able to resist crossing over with Injustice. For all his talk of how much he loves Superman, there’s precious little evidence he cares about anything beyond the stuff he’s made. Injustice is Taylor’s magnum opus and he’ll never be able to match his success there. It will always hang over him like a cloud, even if he wanted to move away, which he doesn’t. He’ll cry crocodile tears about evil Superman while he types up another evil Superman pitch.

His time with Jon has just been a desperate attempt to try and force his new OCs on the Superman franchise to stick, and now he’s bringing in Injustice in an attempt to really grab attention and leave a permanent mark on Jon.
    In the very interview DC posted of the announcement, Taylor makes general statements on how he thinks Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman would never go down the paths they did in Injustice. The irony of that statement is that thanks to the comics he wrote, Taylor has helped to perpetuate views like Superman would turn evil if Lois Lane died and Wonder Woman is an aggressive warmonger to name a few. So Taylor is basically crying crocodile tears whilst drawing on the series that pushed him into the comics limelight.

Yeah I haven't been a fan of Taylor's Son of Kal-El run for that and other reasons. Obviously, you know my stance on the whole Jon situation, but I found it ironic that Teen Jon showed more chemistry flirting with a random character in a Lazarus Planet tie in not written by Taylor than Taylor has managed to establish between Jon Jay Nakamura.