Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

As much as I like Jon…I hope this fails. I can’t stand the injustice universe (for a variety of reasons) and seeing as this is certainly an excuse for Taylor to have more OCs (or to write characters out of character) , I don’t want to see this working.

At this point I’m almost fine with Jon just disappearing.

BANNED

Can't he meet He-Man instead?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So the big secret is that Jon is going to the Injustice universe, during Injustice year 5. So right around when the main first game is going down and Superman has gone full evil…and now Jon is showing up and seeing a world where his dad went on a dictator rampage because Lois and an unborn child died and Damian is grown up and evil(ish).

https://www.cbr.com/tom-taylor-injus...-crossover-dc/
    Lmao, of course he brings Injustice back. Right before I opened up CBR today I suddenly thought “you know I bet Taylor won’t just be bringing back Lara (his Injustice Superdaughter), he’ll be bringing back Murderman too”. God I’m so fucking tired of that franchise, and Taylor’s inability to move past it. At least this isn’t saying he’ll stick around on Jon, I can keep hoping after this mini he will finally be done.

If he’s bringing in Injustice then I guarantee the third Super who is working alongside Jon and Val is Lara. Mystery solved there.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I still can't figure out how Taylor will shoehorn Lara into this fan fic series of his though. She only existed in a dream world in Murderman's mind when he imagined a world where Batman had killed the Joker instead of him. Technically, she's not a multiversal variant that now exists in the wider omniverse like Adam West's Batman and Reeves' Superman/Keaton's Batman who exist on the same world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    He-Man's already met Murderman, and it didn't work out well for the latter :P

Spectacular Member

Can Taylor stop writing “Jon” yet? I’m tired of him pushing OCs and pandering to people who don’t even buy comics.

I’m gonna skip this, maybe the next writer will write Jon better ie like an actual character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I still can't figure out how Taylor will shoehorn Lara into this fan fic series of his though. She only existed in a dream world in Murderman's mind when he imagined a world where Batman had killed the Joker instead of him. Technically, she's not a multiversal variant that now exists in the wider omniverse like Adam West's Batman and Reeves' Superman/Keaton's Batman who exist on the same world.
    It’s an infinite Multiverse again so he’ll just pick an Earth and say on that Earth, Murderman’s “dream” is what actually happened. Easy enough way to canonize another one of his OC Superman successors.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This doesn't look the best for Adult!Jon, if the most they can think of to hook readers is to have him go to a Tom Taylor's most well-known story instead of anything from him personally. Because the hook isn't "Jon is going to the multiverse", it's "Look, Injustice is back! You still like that, right?"

I like Taylor's Superman. I like Taylor's Injustice. I have zero interest in watching the two interact.

Hopefully it surprises me, but this kinda killed a little interest I had in the new series.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s an infinite Multiverse again so he’ll just pick an Earth and say on that Earth, Murderman’s “dream” is what actually happened. Easy enough way to canonize another one of his OC Superman successors.
    Isn't the whole point of the first game is a crossover with the straight DC Earth?

Given that Ultraman of Earth 3, the other really despotic Superman, is known to be showing up here this could be really interesting.
    That said, I hope the face-off between Jon and his 5-year captor Ultraman doesn't get shortchanged in the story.
    That part needs some serious page time.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Isn't the whole point of the first game is a crossover with the straight DC Earth?
    It wasn’t “Earth 0” at the time, just a generic default DC stand in, but yeah. This will just be three issues of Jon going “OMG I can’t believe my dad could be that evil!”. Probably a talk with Murderman since this takes place in Year 5 (but CBR says it’s around the time of Injustice 2? So Murderman would be locked up at this point?), Warlord Woman, Injustice Damian, and of course fucking Injustice Batman being a passive aggressive little **** no doubt. All just to prop up Taylor’s sales and let him gracefully exit with a win.

Ugh, or maybe this is to set up Injustice 3 or something. Honestly I’d take Taylor writing a new Injustice book if it gets him away from the mainline Supers.

Why can't Taylor have his own lil side pocket of the DCU, where he can play with all his toys, but not effect the actual real DCU.

Oh and by the way, the injustice universe has a Superman, Conner Kent, you know the only true consistently cool asf character anywhere they use him
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Yes..yes..also power rangers pls..Also he meets harry potter.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

When multiverse was "updated" after Dark Crisis Waid said there are some hints of future series in those additions. Maybe Injustice being made Earth-49 was a hint for this.

Anyway, don't know anything about Injustice, can Jon "save" it by beating up his evil dad?