Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, outside of Injustice and DCeased, how well has that been going for him?

Serious question, because I have not really kept track of that.
    Nightwing for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I wonder if the only reason why Taylor still has Jon to begin with is because Taylor is DC's current golden boy

So they are far more willing to enable him cause of his past successes even if he hasn't actually managed to replicate that with Jon
    It might also be because no one else may want to write Teen Jon. Teen Jon has been fairly unpopular since we first heard of the age up. This isn't helped by the fact that literally any role Teen Jon could fill...has already been filled by more interesting characters. If a writer had choice of a member of the Super Family to write...Teen Jon would probably be at the bottom of the list. Taylor doesn't even really write for him...he just pushes his own preferred characters and OC's.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Why do they keep using this line when Jon doesn't have purple eyes?

Attachment 130751
    Seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    It might also be because no one else may want to write Teen Jon. Teen Jon has been fairly unpopular since we first heard of the age up. This isn't helped by the fact that literally any role Teen Jon could fill...has already been filled by more interesting characters. If a writer had choice of a member of the Super Family to write...Teen Jon would probably be at the bottom of the list. Taylor doesn't even really write for him...he just pushes his own preferred characters and OC's.
    That's a lot of your personal feelings to project onto writers who in all honestly you have zero clues how they feel about Teen jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, outside of Injustice and DCeased, how well has that been going for him?

Serious question, because I have not really kept track of that.
    Nightwing.
    Injustice and DCeased are still going for him since they are still outselling a majority of DC's current ouputs

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Folks who want Jon de-aged will like Lois's line here! If he comes back having aged up several years again, Clark will fight time and space to undo it. Foreshadowing?
    I really really hope not. I love kid Jon and believe he's light years better than the teen version. However as a Damian Wayne fan I hope Jon never gets deaged.

Supersons was a great concept and I like the fact that we are still able to get stories set back when the duo were kids while letting the characters themselves get on with their life's.

Damian in particular was already a defined character before Jon came along and then suddenly he morphed into one half of a duo. A duo that moved as many comics as damian solo did so not a financial win even.

I don't want that happening again. So keep Jon a teen and tell stories with the boys set in the past.

Astonishing Member

I think, if de-age is going to be an option at some point, it would be better, if they make Jon the same age with Damian, 14-15 years old (Jon is 18, right?). It allows to make him Superboy again, since him being Superman is just useless at this point, at the same time he'll be old enough to have his own stories, adventures, supporting cast, without relying on Clark and Damian. So, the same thing Williamson was doing with Damian, and the thing Taylor was supposed to do with him as Superman, but failed.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 04-05-2023 at 03:41 AM.

With how comic book ages work we might have both of them as 18 year olds in few years.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nightwing for one.
    I'm not blowing any minds when I'm saying that Bruno Redondo was the one carrying that book and who should have gotten the most praise.

As far as ideas go, Tim Seeley's run was waaaaay better than Taylor's.

Yeah, you are not blowing anyone's minds with that take, but Taylor's name is attached to the book and I'm sure that it strengthens his position at DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I think, if de-age is going to be an option at some point, it would be better, if they make Jon the same age with Damian, 14-15 years old (Jon is 18, right?). It allows to make him Superboy again, since him being Superman is just useless at this point, at the same time he'll be old enough to have his own stories, adventures, supporting cast, without relying on Clark and Damian. So, the same thing Williamson was doing with Damian, and the thing Taylor was supposed to do with him as Superman, but failed.
    I think many agree on that much at least. And that the two should have been the same age, or at least only a year apart, from the beginning. I believe that's what they did in the animated movie, and it worked great there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Nightwing.
    Injustice and DCeased are still going for him since they are still outselling a majority of DC's current ouputs
    While not a mega hit like Injustice and DCeased, Dark Knights of Steel sold pretty well also, enough that Taylor have hinted that it may get a season 2.

Taylor tend to give DC consistent sales.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    While not a mega hit like Injustice and DCeased, Dark Knights of Steel sold pretty well also, enough that Taylor have hinted that it may get a season 2.
    Jesus, what's he gonna do there? Make 11 issues of nothing just to reveal in the last one that the Joker was the villain all along?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Jesus, what's he gonna do there? Make 11 issues of nothing just to reveal in the last one that the Joker was the villain all along?
    Well he already used Joker for Dark Knights 1 so season 2 will prolly bring in Darkseid

Anyone notice that the solicit for issue 4 doesn't show the actual cover, just the variants?

https://highvolumecomics.com/product...man-jon-kent-4