Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

I asked on Reddit for someone to spoil for me if the series ends with Jon abandoning the initial pitch of him being the one to try and do more, and someone DM’d me the final page:

Literally does exactly what I knew Taylor would lmao. Jon asks his dad why his dad doesn’t do more, and PKJ used that to kick off Clark liberating a planet full of slaves and then coming back to work with JHI on revolutionizing Metropolis, meanwhile Jon kisses a boy and sits back while the Revolutionaries liberate Gamorra for him, then gives up the idea of trying to do more because you can only being helpless or a fascist apparently (shhhhh just ignore Action Comics and Superman showing Clark doing more right now). Christ what a disappointment, but not an unexpected one, let the record show that I thought Taylor on Jon would be terrible from the start. Oh well he’s fucked, back to shilling Kenan and Kon as the best legacies I go.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I asked on Reddit for someone to spoil for me if the series ends with Jon abandoning the initial pitch of him being the one to try and do more, and someone DM’d me the final page:

Literally does exactly what I knew Taylor would lmao. Jon asks his dad why his dad doesn’t do more, and PKJ used that to kick off Clark liberating a planet full of slaves and then coming back to work with JHI on revolutionizing Metropolis, meanwhile Jon kisses a boy and sits back while the Revolutionaries liberate Gamorra for him, then gives up the idea of trying to do more because you can only being helpless or a fascist apparently (shhhhh just ignore Action Comics and Superman showing Clark doing more right now). Christ what a disappointment, but not an unexpected one, let the record show that I thought Taylor on Jon would be terrible from the start. Oh well he’s fucked, back to shilling Kenan and Kon as the best legacies I go.
    Does Earth 2 Lois and Val Zod escape?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Well, doing more to a point...but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Does Earth 2 Lois and Val Zod escape?
    Asked the guy who DM’d me and he says no, they don’t escape and aren’t mentioned at all. There’s three possible reasons for that:

1. Jon will rescue them in Beast World. I find this the most unlikely.
    2. Taylor wants to keep them in his back pocket for Injustice 3. They’re in the Injustice Phantom Zone, so since I3 will likely build off of the Batman ending, Taylor might write an I3 comic about Murderman in the PZ having to team up with Val and Red Tornado Lois to escape.
    3. They’re going to be part of the Brainiac event next year and that’s where they will reappear. We also never got an explanation for who was teleporting Ultraman around to murder Supermen, would be easy to connect that, and thus this mini, to Brainiac.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Wait, so, from Taylor's perspective, Superman doing more necessarily means going on full Injustice mode or what? Jeez.
    Absolutely useless story. It's useless for Jon, useless for Injustice continuity (it has no impact, it doesn't influence Injustice Clark, it doesn't play any role, because we already know, how exactly this story is going to end and Clark won't be redeemed), and useless for readers. I guess it sold alright, but... I don't know, I don't see what kind of appeal Jon currently has.

Incredible Member

My three thoughts on the spoilers I read:

- Called it.
    - Yeah, it makes sense Jon wouldn't actually want to fight even an evil version of his father (Ultraman is different). Call it disappointing or whatever, but from what I know of Taylor's characterization of Jon, it makes perfect sense.
    - You know what's the funniest thing? By virtue of coexisting with the games, the accidental message of this story would be "That hugging and understanding and appealing to better instincts thing? Yeah, won't work. You gotta violently depose dictators instead. Preferably with external intervention "

Y’all finally ready to admit Taylor does absolutely nothing with this character?

Man, at this point literally the only hook for Jon is him being bi. And they can't even have him wave a bi flag or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Y’all finally ready to admit Taylor does absolutely nothing with this character?
    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Man, at this point literally the only hook for Jon is him being bi. And they can't even have him wave a bi flag or something.

Atleast he makes it easy to see Conner as the awesome character he is
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member

I liked how Jon resolved things nonviolently with IJ Superman. Disliked how they dropped the Val Zod and Red Tornado/ Alt Lois timeline.

Well...at least they kept Teen Jon's character consistent. He's done absolutely nothing of merit since the age up...and that continues.

Extraordinary Member

He’ll become the Super associated with the OG and Wolfman/Perez Titans following Beast Planet.

So... why did this have to be a miniseries again?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    He’ll become the Super associated with the OG and Wolfman/Perez Titans following Beast Planet.
    O god, better not. It would ruin the Titans dynamic before it being recover and would made them exactly what they don't should be: a Justice League lite.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

So... why did this have to be a miniseries again?
    Good question, when I had an answer, I will share it.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin