Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I don’t even know if that character exists anymore, after freedom fighters I mean.
    I recall Overman showing up during the Multiplicity arc from the Tomasi/Gleason run in a couple of brief non speaking cameos. Not sure how he survived the events of Multiversity though.

At this point this book should've been named The Gimmicks of Jon Kent. How many can you fit into one title? I can't wait till Taylor's association with the Superman line is over.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I recall Overman showing up during the Multiplicity arc from the Tomasi/Gleason run in a couple of brief non speaking cameos. Not sure how he survived the events of Multiversity though.
    According to Freedom Fighters which takes place after Multiversity, Overman finally being too ashamed and regretful of everything he's done flew off Earth never to be seen again. So the Nazis had to replace him with a version of Hank Henshaw making him the Cyborg Overman who is one of the main antagonists of the book alongside a Plasticmen squad as the FF's attack in Multiversity successfully killed all of the New Reichsman leaving the Nazis with little superhumans.

Overman would later appear though in Dark Metal Crisis in the one-shot that had Owlman save the day though you can justify that as being Henshaw or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Overman would later appear though in Dark Metal Crisis in the one-shot that had Owlman save the day though you can justify that as being Henshaw or something.
    Which one-shot has Owlman saving the day? Yes, I find it more interezting than Jon going Injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Which one-shot has Owlman saving the day? Yes, I find it more interezting than Jon going Injustice.
    It was Dark Knights Death Metal: Multiverse's End

Basically the forces of Perpetua convinced guys like the Reichsman and the Syndicate to work on her side and while battling in some multiverse universes plane Owlman captured John Stewart. Stewart manages to convince Owlman to switch sides, and the book ends with him sacrificing his life to save the heroes and accomplish what they set out to do.

The cool moment is that before Perpetua sent a Rainbow Lantern Batman squad led by an evil hyperintelligent Batbaby to take out the heroes. At the end when Owlman blows them all up including himself, he has this epic moment where he tears down Batbaby saying that no matter what he'll come back after this because he is the ultimate evil counterpart of Batman meanwhile all that stupid **** like Batbabies and Rainbow Batmen are just dumb gimmicks that will be forgotten about while everyone will remember Owlman.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I've been a little more than lukewarm towards Taylor's Jon Kent, it was decent...his Nightwing has been far far better to me, but I was more than willing to give this mini series a shot, see how the stakes went. However, I am so much NOT interested in the Injustice line. The announcement completely and totally killed any interest I had in the book.

Incredible Member

So, against my better judgement, I was excited about Jon Kent finally meeting Ultraman again and adressing the whole "kidnapped by a version of his father" deal. I've been wanting that since the age-up happened, insisted on it while I was still somewhat keeping up with SoKE, and finally felt like Jon might get a story I actually like when this mini was announced.

And now it's going to be taken over by Injustice in the second issue.

So yeah, Taylor, thank you for proving to me that I should have trusted my first instincts. Do pat yourself in the back when the lesson Jon inevitably learns is "So this is why dad doesn't do more", thus finally killing the "Jon is the proactive Superman" thing forever (not that it was ever a thing beyond lip service).

After re-reading it my problem with Taylor's SOKE is that it feels like he is phoning it. The characters are uninteresting. The pacing is very poor. It reminds me of Tynion's Batman in a way, although that was stronger. The art is also much weaker than in other Taylor books, quite inconsistent too (Jon has a different haircut every 3 issues or so, the first one was the best one).

I generally like Taylor's writing, including his Nightwing so I wonder what went wrong. Is he just uninterested in writing Jon Kent? Are the editors not reigning him? Or perhaps getting involved too much? Is he writing too many books at the same time? Is he better at writing characters with stronger personalities? Or maybe he just wrote a bad book, which tbf every writer does.

Thoughts and prayers for you, folks.

May this return of Injustice be as welcome and as well-beloved as the animated adaptation was
    Last edited by Gaius; 02-06-2023 at 08:28 PM.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/02/09/ex...an-jon-kent-3/

Looks like Jon is going to be the savior of the Injustice universe.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post

I've been waiting for someone for somewhere to bring this up and no one has from what I've seen, so I'll do it. What do you think the reaction would be when the inciting incident of Injustice, Superman killing Lois and their unborn child, is turned on its head with aged up Jon coming in and showing there was a world where he lived?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post

The fact they're trying to advertise this so much before even a page of issue 1 is preview speak volume how much they're desperately hoping this work

I know it won’t happen but I’d be very entertained if Jon sided with Superman over Bats, I know it won’t happen tho because you would then lose out all the content with him & Clark plus Damien.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    The fact they're trying to advertise this so much before even a page of issue 1 is preview speak volume how much they're desperately hoping this work
    Its gonna be hilarious if this ends up just being a one-issue thing, as just another world Jon travels through

Lazarus Planet - Assault on Krypton 001 (2023) (Webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)-022.jpg

Now I'm really wondering how Ash is going to fit into all of this.