Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I've been waiting for someone for somewhere to bring this up and no one has from what I've seen, so I'll do it. What do you think the reaction would be when the inciting incident of Injustice, Superman killing Lois and their unborn child, is turned on its head with aged up Jon coming in and showing there was a world where he lived?
    So, Murderman goes on to murder other former and current friends, but not even second guessing anymore. Kind of like what he did with Billy/Shazam/Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Attachment 129323

Now I'm really wondering how Ash is going to fit into all of this.
    I don't think he be in this series prevalent (or even at all) especially coming how Ash has overshadowed Taylor OC character with only 10 pages

Unless he shows up for Taylor to completely destroy that ship so he "secures" his pet character I don't think he back till another writer shows up

I considered that "continued" was just referring to Jon not having his cape anymore.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Attachment 129323

Now I'm really wondering how Ash is going to fit into all of this.
    I don't think he'll show up in this mini but he'll probably show up in a new Electric Superman or Superman Blue book written by C.S. Pacat, after this mini concludes, she seems to be Taylor's hand-pick successor to write Jon if/when he departs from the book.

There is also a chance Ash may also show up in the Nightwing backup that Pacat is also writing.

The continue in... the AOS: Jon Kent probably has more to do with Jon's powers going Electric than anything to do with Jon and Ash's relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I've been waiting for someone for somewhere to bring this up and no one has from what I've seen, so I'll do it. What do you think the reaction would be when the inciting incident of Injustice, Superman killing Lois and their unborn child, is turned on its head with aged up Jon coming in and showing there was a world where he lived?
    Hmmmm.... Thats actually interesting.

This may actually check this one out. Hopefully Jay isn't in this story

First issue out today, and all I got to say is…Jay if you wanted to look not suspicious on your date wear a wig or color contacts. Giant jacket is just suspicious if you ask me.

Also yeah Taylor clearly works in Nightwing and Titans references with Oracle but I’m okay with it. Aside from the fact that Dark Crisis happened, I genuinely like Oracle as superhero community support like when she used to work with the Justice League.

But yeah I will say I enjoyed Val-zod’s reappearance here. I’ll be honest I read the new 52 Earth-2 series so seeing him back is cool. Not to mention that Taylor wrote some of that series and remembered what happened…including that our earth’s Mister Terrific was over there for a time. Because my favorite dc genius Mister Terrific is here to voucher for Val as his multiverse buddy.

Also when Ultraman gets brought up Lois responds exactly as you suspect a mother in her situation would…”Hell no”
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    First issue out today, and all I got to say is…Jay if you wanted to look not suspicious on your date wear a wig or color contacts. Giant jacket is just suspicious if you ask me.

Also yeah Taylor clearly works in Nightwing and Titans references with Oracle but I’m okay with it. Aside from the fact that Dark Crisis happened, I genuinely like Oracle as superhero community support like when she used to work with the Justice League.

But yeah I will say I enjoyed Val-zod’s reappearance here. I’ll be honest I read the new 52 Earth-2 series so seeing him back is cool. Not to mention that Taylor wrote some of that series and remembered what happened…including that our earth’s Mister Terrific was over there for a time. Because my favorite dc genius Mister Terrific is here to voucher for Val as his multiverse buddy.

Also when Ultraman gets brought up Lois responds exactly as you suspect a mother in her situation would…”Hell no”
    One hand do like the Oracle being a more broad Dc universe aid much like the days with the Justice League & Bird of prey

On the other Taylor has a habit of just needing to include the Bat-family for the sake of Bat-family clout

Like main issue of the on going was that it was just oversaturated with other crossovers with Jon not having a flesh supporting cast

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    One hand do like the Oracle being a more broad Dc universe aid much like the days with the Justice League & Bird of prey

On the other Taylor has a habit of just needing to include the Bat-family for the sake of Bat-family clout

Like main issue of the on going was that it was just oversaturated with other crossovers with Jon not having a flesh supporting cast
    I mean we don’t really see the Titans and Oracles only physically on one or two panels outside of comms ballon bubbles when she’s talking to Jon.

Honestly Mister Terrific gets more screen time then Oracle.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

I mean we don’t really see the Titans and Oracles only physically on one or two panels outside of comms ballon bubbles when she’s talking to Jon.
    Yep, it was more or less world-building, Jon calling Oracles to "Call in the Titans" mainly serves as a reminder that the primary team is now the Titans and not the Justice League.

Honestly Mister Terrific gets more screen time then Oracle.
    I also enjoyed a lot of the New 52 Earth 2 run, so having Mister Terrific vouch for Val-Zod was a nice touch. I'm also glad about who the mystery woman is.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post

Maybe Taylor was trying to save the series with constant crossovers?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Maybe Taylor was trying to save the series with constant crossovers?
    I do feel the constant appearance of his Revolutionary characters was more for their benefit than Jon's.

Trying to latch his creations onto Jon to give them easy promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Yep, it was more or less world-building, Jon calling Oracles to "Call in the Titans" mainly serves as a reminder that the primary team is now the Titans and not the Justice League.

I also enjoyed a lot of the New 52 Earth 2 run, so having Mister Terrific vouch for Val-Zod was a nice touch. I'm also glad about who the mystery woman is.
    Yeah, that's true about why Jon called Oracle - but the Titans are kind of underpowered. Starfire at least ought to have been capable of helping out with those falling satellites, but what could the rest of them do? Donna and Raven are powerful, but they can't breathe in space, right? Beast Boy, Nightwing and Cyborg would've been completely useless on the field, though Vic could probably help Babs to fix the hacked network that was mentioned. Flash would probably be best used for evacuations.

As for the mystery woman from the solicit... spoilers:
    Lois gets to meet her Earth-2 self, who is Red Tornado. We don't see Earth-0 Lois's reaction to that as the last couple of pages after that are just her explaining why they need Jon. I guess next issue will open with her thoughts on the matter.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that's true about why Jon called Oracle - but the Titans are kind of underpowered. Starfire at least ought to have been capable of helping out with those falling satellites, but what could the rest of them do? Donna and Raven are powerful, but they can't breathe in space, right? Beast Boy, Nightwing and Cyborg would've been completely useless on the field, though Vic could probably help Babs to fix the hacked network that was mentioned. Flash would probably be best used for evacuations.

As for the mystery woman from the solicit... spoilers:
    Lois gets to meet her Earth-2 self, who is Red Tornado. We don't see Earth-0 Lois's reaction to that as the last couple of pages after that are just her explaining why they need Jon. I guess next issue will open with her thoughts on the matter.
    end of spoilers
    I think really only Dick is not qualified in this scenario. Cyborgs got blasters and rockets and I’m sure that Changeling has some kind of weird mythical or alien creature he could turn into in this scenario.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I knew who Taylor would pull in for his surprise guest. Not surprised at all but very interested in how he will play it out.