Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon itself might not last..you know
    It's just the norm.. Superman doesn't have much of relationship with any other super-individual other than batman.
    In theory he might not last, but in practice, he’s here to stay and DC would sooner eat **** and die before erasing Superman’s queer son

They’ll properly sell off DC for parts before ever considering that

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    In theory he might not last, but in practice, he’s here to stay and DC would sooner eat **** and die before erasing Superman’s queer son

They’ll properly sell off DC for parts before ever considering that
    Realistically if DC has to sell parts of themselves then they have bigger problems than a contested direction for a legacy character

Jon's not that big a deal

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Realistically if DC has to sell parts of themselves then they have bigger problems than a contested direction for a legacy character

He won’t be erased

Cope and seethe

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Queer card might have worked otherwise.But,jon hasn't made a splash since the anouncement..No good stories either.Not mention there are changes to head honchos and direction due to formation of dcstudios.
    He won’t be erased

Cope and seethe
    No need.you are already doin it for everybody.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-23-2022 at 03:47 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Jon itself might not last..you know
    It's just the norm.. Superman doesn't have much of relationship with any other super-individual other than batman.
    Nah, Jon isn't going anywhere.

That's besides the point. Diana is practically non existent as far as Superman office is concerned for foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

His status is and always has been vastly overstated to the Superman mythos. As is his queerness being armor for him. If they don't want him anymore, they'll get rid of him. That's not happening any time soon as they're obviously desperately trying a new direction here, but if this falls flat too who knows. If they're really committed they can always repackage yet again but the question will eventually come how many times do you try to sell a lemon? So what happens here will be pretty important. I'd reckon this pretty much has to work. History tells us that there's only one character in a deuteragonist/supporting cast sense that's essential to Superman and that's Lois Lane. Anyone else is interchangeable or outright ignorable.

Potential interesting news though Gunn's tweet that they plan to "coordinate" between movies and comics. Now I don't subscribe to that, I've always believed different mediums should not affect one another, that synergy is pointless at best, creatively handcuffing at worst. But if they want that nonetheless, the direction we know the films are going--early years classics--could spell trouble for a ton of legacy concepts in the future. May be that we shouldn't even rule out another actual reboot. That's still three years ahead at least I'd imagine, but still something that could spell big changes to the line when that time comes.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-23-2022 at 03:08 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    His status is and always has been vastly overstated to the Superman mythos. As is his queerness being armor for him. If they don't want him anymore, they'll get rid of him. That's not happening any time soon as they're obviously desperately trying a new direction here, but if this falls flat too who knows. If they're really committed they can always repackage yet again but the question will eventually come how many times do you try to sell a lemon? So what happens here will be pretty important. I'd reckon this pretty much has to work. History tells us that there's only one character in a deuteragonist/supporting cast sense that's essential to Superman and that's Lois Lane. Anyone else is interchangeable or outright ignorable.

Potential interesting news though Gunn's tweet that they plan to "coordinate" between movies and comics. Now I don't subscribe to that, I've always believed different mediums should not affect one another, that synergy is pointless at best, creatively handcuffing at worst. But if they want that nonetheless, the direction we know the films are going--early years classics--could spell trouble for a ton of legacy concepts in the future. May be that we shouldn't even rule out another actual reboot. That's still at least three years ahead at least I'd imagine, but still something that could spell big changes to the line when that time comes.
    Cope and seethe

He’s not going anywhere

Spectacular Member

Queer card might have worked otherwise.But,jon hasn't made a splash since the anouncement..No good stories either.Not mention there are changes to head honchos and direction due to formation of dcstudios.

No need.you are already doin it for everybody.
    Jon ain’t going anywhere, just like how Clark will NEVER be a social justice warrior ever again in any meaningful capacity

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Cope and seethe

He’s not going anywhere
    Man you really are a troll of the highest order

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jon ain’t going anywhere, just like how Clark will NEVER be a social justice warrior ever again in any meaningful capacity
    That's not my loss mate...My superman will always exist. I just need to pick up a book from my collection.I am perfectly content as of now.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-23-2022 at 04:13 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Cope and seethe

He’s not going anywhere
    We'll see. Depends on how much of an impact he really makes in other media. Marvel and DC are both full of LGBT legacy heroes that were forgotten and ignored after their initial push

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    We'll see. Depends on how much of an impact he really makes in other media. Marvel and DC are both full of LGBT legacy heroes that were forgotten and ignored after their initial push
    I mean, look at Batwoman. Arguably one of the biggest LGBT+ characters in DC, and she was on track to get married, until DC threw that all out, had her get raped by a vampire, a small get back in Rebirth, and then has been barely around since.

Jon, as Superman, only really has "being the bisexual Superman" to his personality. And even that fizzled out shortly after the reveal.

Let me reiterate; Jon be bisexual is fine. However, that's all his character is since being aged up. As a kid, he's had more personality. Hell, under the non-Super writers he's had more personality. That's how bad this version is. Its clear this version still has fans (for as much of a testy little troll certain ones can be), but the push for kid Jon has never left. Plus the animated Super Sons film helped push kid Jon.

I also don't see why kid Jon can't be bisexual. If anything, a queer kid is something we don't get a lot in media, meaning he'd actually stand out more than an adult bisexual Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I also don't see why kid Jon can't be bisexual. If anything, a queer kid is something we don't get a lot in media, meaning he'd actually stand out more than an adult bisexual Jon.
    I mean I suppose I don’t hate the idea of a younger Jon discovering his feelings with grade school crushes and how he deals with that in his life but really that’s about the extent I think you can go really.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I still miss Kathy.