Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Meanwhile Ultraman can strangle Jon if he wants.
    Not really,ultraman was starting to like jon in bendis.The guy would cry and things like that if i remember correctly...
    He was an abusive dad that needed help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We can’t. I’m hoping DC isn’t dumb enough to try to add yet another Superfamily member, even though I’m sure Taylor wants to. We already have Jon and Kenan as “Superman”, Conner is still “Superboy” (dumb as that is), there’s no room for Val. The only possible expansion to the Superfamily I’d support is Kara becoming Superwoman and a Latina becoming Supergirl (really Othul and Osul should be “brown” since that would let them fill that niche). But given this is a 6 issue mini with a third rate book, I don’t think the plan is to try to add Val to the main family, just Taylor spotlighting his OC while he can.
    The iron giant comes to dc universe and asks all the wannabe superpeople to step aside for the real superman..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Groaned a bit when I saw Val, but I can't fault Taylor for wanting to bring back his own alternate Superman. Hopefully he's not going to stay on the main Earth. We just got Kenan back and I don't know that we can sustain four Supermen.

But I'll be glad to be rid of Taylor if that's the plan when this is over.
    I genuinely like Val and even I don’t think he should be on prime earth long term.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

We can’t. I’m hoping DC isn’t dumb enough to try to add yet another Superfamily member, even though I’m sure Taylor wants to. We already have Jon and Kenan as “Superman”, Conner is still “Superboy” (dumb as that is), there’s no room for Val. The only possible expansion to the Superfamily I’d support is Kara becoming Superwoman and a Latina becoming Supergirl (really Othul and Osul should be “brown” since that would let them fill that niche). But given this is a 6 issue mini with a third rate book, I don’t think the plan is to try to add Val to the main family, just Taylor spotlighting his OC while he can.
    We got a lot of good news today. Wouldn't be DC without some sort of ass pull. I'd be grateful if he's just there to show he's still in the multiverse somewhere. As you said, there's really no room in the Superfam now that we have most everyone back.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Not really,ultraman was starting to like jon in bendis.The guy would cry and things like that if i remember correctly...
    He was an abusive dad that needed help.
    I'm reminded how weird Bendis' Ultraman was

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Kon should be atrlast a few years older than Jon,
    Yeah, he does need aging up. All of Young Justice does. Before Flashpoint, Tim Drake was in his last year of school before dropping out. Damian was 10. Damian is now 14, but Tim is still 18? He should be 21-22. As for Cassie, also 18, and Yara Flor is 21. Those ages should be the other way around, it doesn't make sense that the new Wonder Girl is older than the previous one. Bart and Conner should also be physically 21, though neither is actually that age, as Impulse's origin involves accelerated aging and Conner is a clone who woke up in the body of a 16 year old.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He needs to drop Jay stop trying to make fetch happen he's not giving.

Lol no. Waid wanted to break Clark and Lois up marriage wise, he prefers the Kents dead, he and Jurgens actually had bad blood between each other in the past (which makes it all the funnier they’re working together on something coming up). In Waid’s ideal take, Jon does not exist because Clark and Lois would never get married. The Rebirth status quo would be anathema to him.

“Classic” for Waid means Clark is single, has the secret identity, Ma and Pa are dead, and Lois is in a love triangle with Clark and Superman. Now I don’t know exactly how Waid feels about Jon, that he’s using him in Lazarus Planet may mean he’s more open to the idea of Jon, but if you’re looking for Waid to send Clark and Lois back to the farm for wholesome adventures with kid Jon, look elsewhere.
    Oh gosh no, anyone in their right mind knew that the Kents staying in Hamilton was always a temporary arrangement and it was inevitable that they would return to Metropolis, it was just a matter of time. I thought there was a lot of story potential with Jon moving from the country into the big city that was never capitalized on.

I just don't think of jon as this country farm boy for it to have a big impact..The only thing that's gonna have an impact is him missing the people of hamilton.

A bunch of aliens and monster living in quite countryside is gonna be missed..too bad it never gonna be referenced.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I just don't think of jon as this country farm boy for it to have a big impact..The only thing that's gonna have an impact is him missing the people of hamilton.

A bunch of aliens and monster living in quite countryside is gonna be missed..too bad it never gonna be referenced.
    I was alluding more to the fact that Jon lived out in the country his whole life and he would probably feel very homesick moving from there to Metropolis. It would've been a short arc and a neat character study. Nothing so over the top.
    Last edited by garazza; 10-09-2022 at 10:16 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Are Jonathan and Martha alive this go around or no? it would be interesting to see Jon spend a week or weekend with his grandparents if they are, but I can never keep track of them.

Bruh, seriously?!

They are really going to do everything but de-age this guy? This is genuinely perplexing. Why are they so intent on sticking with this?

Guess the best I can do is hope the twins are fun.

So what exactly is going to be done with the Chinese Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So what exactly is going to be done with the Chinese Superman?
    He is gonna punch giant robots and lizards..You know the usual superman stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh, going from an ongoing to a six-issue mini usually spells disaster, but it doesn't seem like they're treating it as a demotion...but maybe they know they need Clark more than Jon.

I think having Superman Blue powers will definitely help distinguish Jon from his dad.

Seeing Val-Zod will be nice, although I think we're at peak Superfamily on Earth-1.

Jon vs. Ultraman sounds like a fight that needs to happen, but I don't trust Taylor to do it justice.
    He needs more than just powers to be distinguished. He needs a personality outside of "Clark-lite" (and that's when he does get some semblance of personality).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, he does need aging up. All of Young Justice does. Before Flashpoint, Tim Drake was in his last year of school before dropping out. Damian was 10. Damian is now 14, but Tim is still 18? He should be 21-22. As for Cassie, also 18, and Yara Flor is 21. Those ages should be the other way around, it doesn't make sense that the new Wonder Girl is older than the previous one. Bart and Conner should also be physically 21, though neither is actually that age, as Impulse's origin involves accelerated aging and Conner is a clone who woke up in the body of a 16 year old.
    16 still, for Tim. He's getting Ash Ketchum syndrome pretty bad.