Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Off the back this just sound like Spider-verse for Tom Taylor
    They timed this interview perfectly since the Spider-Verse sequel trailer also dropped today. They knew what they were doing.

Posting a few of the covers, mostly of Jon being Blue post Lazarus Planet:

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Taylor dumping on Clark to promote his OCs? Perish the thought . I really shouldn’t let myself get annoyed because I don’t intend to read this, but damnit I am irritated at how badly this guy so clearly wants to leave his “mark” on Superman. All he does is swipe stuff from Clark or make Clark evil/stupid or have him be le wholesome chungus man for team ups with Batman, he does not deserve to be the guy who has this much control over the character. I’m just praying that fucking mysterious woman isn’t him canonizing “Lara”, his OC Super Daughter from the Injustice dream issue. Feels like something he would do, Jurgens beat him to making a son but by God Taylor is going to be the one to make a daughter.
    To be fair…This is a symptom of a larger problem that Clark himself hasn’t been very interesting till recently, courtesy of John Byrne

I've been sitting on this one for a while, so this variant cover (which is credited to DC and not the artist who actually drew it, Alan Kaplan):

was supposedly for the ongoing, now cancelled, SSoK and not the 6 issue mini.

And a week after Kaplan posted that it was announced SSoK was cancelled and getting a mini. I know plans can turn on a dime but that seems a little quick.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I've been sitting on this one for a while, so this variant cover (which is credited to DC and not the artist who actually drew it, Alan Kaplan):

was supposedly for the ongoing, now cancelled, SSoK and not the 6 issue mini.

And a week after Kaplan posted that it was announced SSoK was cancelled and getting a mini. I know plans can turn on a dime but that seems a little quick.
    Wow it was suddenly cancelled if it was originally planned to go 2 issues after the actual ending issue. The fact an artist was already well into drawing the cover, almost done with it even indicates how spurt of the moment it is.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Everything I am reading from these interviews reads like Taylor is fixing all of the problems I had with son of Kal-el. For one, we are finally moving on from the plotline with the revolutionaries and all of Jon’s bad attempts at making the world better. Also, the stakes are finally raised and these event level stories are the type of comic stories Taylor excels at!

I am really curious about the big twist he keeps mentioning about issue 2, apparently some “woman” character is also helping Val-Zod, that will shock a lot of us and will explain why this is a mini series…maybe Laura lane Kent from the injustice books? I don’t really know any character that would explain why this is a mini honestly.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Everything I am reading from these interviews reads like Taylor is fixing all of the problems I had with son of Kal-el. For one, we are finally moving on from the plotline with the revolutionaries and all of Jon’s bad attempts at making the world better. Also, the stakes are finally raised and these event level stories are the type of comic stories Taylor excels at!

I am really curious about the big twist he keeps mentioning about issue 2, apparently some “woman” character is also helping Val-Zod, that will shock a lot of us and will explain why this is a mini series…maybe Laura lane Kent from the injustice books? I don’t really know any character that would explain why this is a mini honestly.
    Because I reckon that another writer called debs and that this female character is going to lead to the next event with Jon

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Off the back this just sound like Spider-verse for Tom Taylor

Hope they leave KC superman, Reeves superman and supersaur alone because last I need to see those three favorite variant die or be involved just to promote Val zod and adult jon
    No. Taylor is copying Thy Kingdom Come where Magog was murdering Superman across the hypertime.

Injustice got added to Multiverse list so Taylor bringing something from it would make sense.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Who is Laura Kent?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Who is Laura Kent?
    Lara is from an issue of Injustice where Murderman dreams of what his life could have been like if Joker hadn’t succeeded:

It was Taylor’s last issue on the original Injustice. In it Clark imagines he has a daughter who goes on to radically transform the world without the fascism. I have a sinking feeling Taylor is going to turn this dream into an actual Earth in the Multiverse.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-14-2022 at 06:03 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/jon-kents...alk-about-yet/

Interview with various cover arts and a description of the series as a whole. Apparently Val-Zod of Earth-2 (New 52) is going to Jon because Ultraman who held Jon hostage is going through the multiverse and murdering Clark Kents.

Oh yeah and it looks like electric blue Jon continues.

"ANOTHER SUPERMAN HAS FALLEN.

"Across the Multiverse, Kal-Els are being murdered. Val-Zod, the Superman of Earth-2, believes only one man can help stop the killing—Kal-El's son, Jon Kent! Jon will have to step across dimensions and face the killer of the Kal- Els, the monstrous Ultraman, the man who kidnapped and tortured him for years. And Val-Zod is not acting alone in trying to save the Supermen. Who is the mysterious woman alongside him? And what is her shocking connection to the Super-Family?"
    Man this guy has turned into such a hack.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

So any guesses on the mysterious woman?

I'll take a Jon who punches,like during dark crisis then a goodie too shoes on Taylor's book sorry.

But can't wait to see the future for him
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

One thing I want to know is, why is DC pushing Kal-El? KAL-Els are being murdered across the multiverse... Superman: Son of Kal-El. Then in the recent book book about Superman is returning to Earth, it was Kal-El has returned. I get his secret identity is gone, but Kal-El? Really? It's just weird to me, especially in an era where most people wants the character human first alien second.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wow it was suddenly cancelled if it was originally planned to go 2 issues after the actual ending issue. The fact an artist was already well into drawing the cover, almost done with it even indicates how spurt of the moment it is.
    And I’m sure Dave Filoni will replace Kathleen kennedy any day now as head of Lucasfilm
    Last edited by Dagothoth; 12-15-2022 at 06:56 AM.