Page 9 of 161 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

Mighty Member

It'll suck to see the Krakoa era end so soon, but I do wonder if this will lead into a second of X books which follow on from the Krakoa saga.
    Could we see smaller factions of mutants splitting up and then having to form alliances again in order to take down groups like Orchis?
    Is this going to be the ultimate plan of Sinister, where he sells out Krakoa after the events of SOS?
    Is the main hinderance for Mutants being their inability to work together?

I think we have some interesting ideas to follow up on. I'll be sad to see this era go as I feel there are still years worth of stories to get out of it. But if it's anything like I think it is, then maybe it'll be great to see the aftermath.

I see a massive war with Orchis rather than villains upending their peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    They did not explicitly ban abortion. They banned family planning, probably abortion and possibly birth control given Kurt’s reaction to Stacey X trying to prevent teen pregnancy
    I’m assuming family planning is some kind of weird euphemism, unless it’s actually possible to ban planning.

I don't think Xavier would ban preventative measures, seeing how he's still trying to abort his son to this day.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

They did not explicitly ban abortion. They banned family planning, probably abortion and possibly birth control given Kurt’s reaction to Stacey X trying to prevent teen pregnancy
    Yeah, that makes zero sense. Not only because most people, even in the Council, wouldn't stand for it, but because Jean, Rogue and Emma at least would have been pregnant already,

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    I see a massive war with Orchis rather than villains upending their peace.
    Yeah, the "bad guys" are almost certain Orchis and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I hope this means the other current books are also getting new logos, the Wolverine one does not fit the book at all
    Go back to his classic one?

Same for X-Men itself, X-Force, and New Mutants. Marauders didn't exist before Krakoa, so they'd need something new.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Y'know, it also just occurred to me....

When asked about where the X-Treme X-Men revival fits into things and if it was set in the Krakoan era, Claremont clarified that it was set in the past but that it would contain stuff that would affect things in the current era and lay groundwork to be followed up there.....with it also being noted that he'd spent a lot of time asking fans questions about the Krakoan era, to facilitate this.

Given the timing of the X-Treme X-Men mini and the fact that its only going to end a couple months before Fall of X even starts.....that seems to offer at least a nod to the idea that Fall of X isn't the end of an era, because how the hell could anything from X-Treme X-Men possibly have any real effect on the Krakoan era if two months after the mini ends so does the Krakoan era?

*Shrugs* Just throwing that out there. Doesn't confirm anything either way but food for thought. Obviously plans change and maybe anything Claremont said on this subject is irrelevant because of it, but if Fall of X is part of a larger blueprint to any degree, I have trouble believing that as of two months ago when Claremont answered those questions about how X-Treme X-Men fit into or affected the Krakoan era, there was no idea that 'the end of the era' was this close on the horizon....if in fact, it was.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I’m assuming family planning is some kind of weird euphemism, unless it’s actually possible to ban planning.
    They threw a mutant called Third Eye who could show people the future in prison because he was using it show them their kid’s future to make them see if they were really ready for kids or not. Turns out a fair few weren’t and in the futures essentially abandoned their kids, something he took offense too with his own issues with kids.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, that makes zero sense. Not only because most people, even in the Council, wouldn't stand for it, but because Jean, Rogue and Emma at least would have been pregnant already,
    No offense Omega, but if they were willing to throw Third Eye into the Pit just for showing people if they abandon their kids or not, I don’t think Charles would hesitate to go after actual methods of birth control, never mind the less moral members. Even before Sabretooth Kurt was pissed that Stacey X was giving people condoms until she confronted him with the fact mutants we’re just abandoning their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Y'know, it also just occurred to me....

When asked about where the X-Treme X-Men revival fits into things and if it was set in the Krakoan era, Claremont clarified that it was set in the past but that it would contain stuff that would affect things in the current era and lay groundwork to be followed up there.....with it also being noted that he'd spent a lot of time asking fans questions about the Krakoan era, to facilitate this.

Given the timing of the X-Treme X-Men mini and the fact that its only going to end a couple months before Fall of X even starts.....that seems to offer at least a nod to the idea that Fall of X isn't the end of an era, because how the hell could anything from X-Treme X-Men possibly have any real effect on the Krakoan era if two months after the mini ends so does the Krakoan era?

*Shrugs* Just throwing that out there. Doesn't confirm anything either way but food for thought. Obviously plans change and maybe anything Claremont said on this subject is irrelevant because of it, but if Fall of X is part of a larger blueprint to any degree, I have trouble believing that as of two months ago when Claremont answered those questions about how X-Treme X-Men fit into or affected the Krakoan era, there was no idea that 'the end of the era' was this close on the horizon....if in fact, it was.
    Thanks for the reminder about what he said, I forgot about that. Good point all around and now I'm wondering when/how it will be followed up on in the current era, and maybe more importantly, by whom. Hmm.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

No offense Omega, but if they were willing to throw Third Eye into the Pit just for showing people if they abandon their kids or not, I don’t think Charles would hesitate to go after actual methods of birth control, never mind the less moral members. Even before Sabretooth Kurt was pissed that Stacey X was giving people condoms until she confronted him with the fact mutants we’re just abandoning their kids.
    I heard something about the mutants of Krakoa boinking like rabbits and just abandoning the infants in the Krakoan orphanage. That doesn't paint mutants in a good light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I heard something about the mutants of Krakoa boinking like rabbits and just abandoning the infants in the Krakoan orphanage. That doesn't paint mutants in a good light.
    Oh it’s definitely one of the most horrifying aspects of Krakoa, especially since Stacey X basically had to build that orphanage from scratch. Between Way of X and New Mutants they really showed that Krakoan child care is in the gutter.

To be fair, it's not like they were that great at taking care of their kids before Krakoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Oh it’s definitely one of the most horrifying aspects of Krakoa, especially since Stacey X basically had to build that orphanage from scratch. Between Way of X and New Mutants they really showed that Krakoan child care is in the gutter.
    Krakoa’s government is terrible at infrastructure overall. New Mutants had the entire deal where the New Mutants pointed out to Charles that the new country lacked an education system and his response was to appoint all maybe ten of them to spearhead handling education for all the islands residents. The Krakoan government has a bad tendency of assuming those who spot an issue are best solved at handling it, and also an extremely micro approach for a nation of their size, typically preferring small groups to handle an entire infrastructural issue for which, even if the resurrections are particularly slow, must by now be a country of if not millions, at least hundreds of thousands.