Page 141 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2407

Thread: Fall of X

BANNED

This morning I woke up thinking about of the Fall of X preludes I've read so far, and suddenly felt the desire to binge-read a few back story arcs consisting of; Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix (1994), Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix (1996), and Extermination (2019), back to back respectively, and in one sitting. my takeaway makes sense if you read of all three arcs (Old School) as one long, connected sub-plot revisited, especialty when one thinks linear about it for a minute, and insert the newly minted, precious metal, Mysterium (2020) in just at the right junction...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Thanks for the information. I'm surprised he hasn't.
    It's Gambit

Now that we've seen and learned a little more about the new Fall of X titles (hopefully unlettered preview pages are on the way for Dark X-Men, Realm of X, and Jean Grey) where does everyone stand on them? Which titles have captured your attention and which are "wait and see" for you? Your answers may be featured in next week's Flashmob Friday editorial.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Now that we've seen and learned a little more about the new Fall of X titles (hopefully unlettered preview pages are on the way for Dark X-Men, Realm of X, and Jean Grey) where does everyone stand on them? Which titles have captured your attention and which are "wait and see" for you? Your answers may be featured in next week's Flashmob Friday editorial.
    I just don't feel any enthusiasm for any of them. The Krakoan era has left me burned out and dejected about the X-Men.

How long is this Fall of X event supposed to last?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Jean Grey is the only one that has piqued my interest I'll definitely be following. Everything else doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.
    I was initially psyched when Alpha Flight was announced but I cannot get behind the premise and...there's no Talisman. So that's a no for me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I just don't feel any enthusiasm for any of them. The Krakoan era has left me burned out and dejected about the X-Men.

How long is this Fall of X event supposed to last?
    "Can I interest you in some Fall of X titles?"

You:

Most of the new minis end in December and I think Nightcrawler's book ends in January. According to this checklist we're looking at 5-6 months.

I think on the other side will be a major relaunch and I have a hunch we're going to see some shiny, classic superhero-y books. My hope is that Krakoa will stay but it will undergo a number of changes that freshens it up and does away with some of the more questionable aspects of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Jean Grey is the only one that has piqued my interest I'll definitely be following. Everything else doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.
    I was initially psyched when Alpha Flight was announced but I cannot get behind the premise and...there's no Talisman. So that's a no for me.
    Gotcha. Aww I hope Talisman does show up even if briefly. I'm thinking she would be on Northstar's side.

I'm definitely going to try out Iceman, Children of the Vault, and Dark X-Men. I think I need to learn a little bit more about Jean Grey to commit and I want to like Uncanny Avengers but Duggan's X-Men has been wobbly for me lately so we'll see.

With Jean Grey...I'm very intrigued to learn what happens to her in the HFG. How she's affected and what she does to save herself and mutant-kind. From the solicits it seems she plays an integral role in the final outcome. Plus the art is very nice and I trust Louise Simonson more than I trust any of the other writers to deliver a memorable story.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Curious about what happens after Fall of X. It feels weird for me that there is such a "big" event but no event title, especially since this is being considered a possible ending to the Krakoa era. Curious about the Jean and Nightcrawler books, although I probably won't be grabbing them. Jean because the comments about what the book is about and Nightcrawler because the timing is weird (5 issues that start when all the other books are on issue two, although Nightcrawlers problems started before Fall of X). Might give Realm of X a try for Magik. Interested in the more political(?) fallout of Fall of X so I might give Dark, Uncanny and Alpha Flight a try. Red probably falls into that category (I can see Genesis war happening because of all the mutants going to Arakko) but I just cant get myself to care about Arakko. I've been enjoying Immortal so far so I'll be grabbing that even though I think it will be very different to what we've had so far. X-Men and Invincible Iron Man too. The solicit for X-Men 25 (and Kate's costume change) make me think X-Men will be a stealth ops book and I've been grabbing Invincible Iron Man since Emma started showing up (very pessimistic but still curious about the wedding).

When do people think the October solicits will be revealed? During/shortly after SDCC or after the Gala. It'll be the halfway mark for the event and most books, so I can kind of see it being a turning point in the event.

Most of the new minis end in December and I think Nightcrawler's book ends in January. According to this checklist we're looking at 5-6 months.

I think on the other side will be a major relaunch and I have a hunch we're going to see some shiny, classic superhero-y books. My hope is that Krakoa will stay but it will undergo a number of changes that freshens it up and does away with some of the more questionable aspects of it.
    Yeah, that is my hope as well. I really liked the idea of Krakoa when I started reading the books, but you all know what has really soured me about this whole era. Like you, I think Krakoa should stay but changed away from the questionable stuff.

So, we're looking at early 2024 for the end of FoX and a possible re-launch? Ugh, feels so far away.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    With Jean Grey...I'm very intrigued to learn what happens to her in the HFG. How she's affected and what she does to save herself and mutant-kind. From the solicits it seems she plays an integral role in the final outcome. Plus the art is very nice and I trust Louise Simonson more than I trust any of the other writers to deliver a memorable story.
    Yeah I think I want to see if Jean's book is looking like it's more introspective as Louise revisits the past and how much it moves the overall FoX plot. She's going to play a pivotal role it seems so I'll most likely be checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Curious about what happens after Fall of X. It feels weird for me that there is such a "big" event but no event title, especially since this is being considered a possible ending to the Krakoa era. Curious about the Jean and Nightcrawler books, although I probably won't be grabbing them. Jean because the comments about what the book is about and Nightcrawler because the timing is weird (5 issues that start when all the other books are on issue two, although Nightcrawlers problems started before Fall of X). Might give Realm of X a try for Magik. Interested in the more political(?) fallout of Fall of X so I might give Dark, Uncanny and Alpha Flight a try. Red probably falls into that category (I can see Genesis war happening because of all the mutants going to Arakko) but I just cant get myself to care about Arakko. I've been enjoying Immortal so far so I'll be grabbing that even though I think it will be very different to what we've had so far. X-Men and Invincible Iron Man too. The solicit for X-Men 25 (and Kate's costume change) make me think X-Men will be a stealth ops book and I've been grabbing Invincible Iron Man since Emma started showing up (very pessimistic but still curious about the wedding).

When do people think the October solicits will be revealed? During/shortly after SDCC or after the Gala. It'll be the halfway mark for the event and most books, so I can kind of see it being a turning point in the event.
    I'm very interested in the political implications of it all as well. In yesterday's interview for UA Duggan said fascism is creeping across the US so that's intriguing especially since that book takes place in DC I believe. Dark X-Men as well has me very curious about what exactly happens with the X-Men that Maddie feels she needs to fill the void. Her way of filling said void is going to be interesting.

X-Men and Immortal remain the most mysterious of the titles so far and that's fun. As for Red, if indeed some of earth's mutants are sent up there I wonder who many would side with in the Genesis War. If Genesis is like, "See? We can't just wait for them to attack us as they did Krakoa. We must spread our empire!" I can see people agreeing with her.

October solicits should be out this coming Thursday which is the first day of SDCC (and the panel with JDW).

The funny thing with XMR...I could easily hear Ewing saying:

"I segued my story for Dark Reign, then Judgement Day, then SoS, now it's FoX? Fuck dat!...y'all need to leave me the fuck alone for the next few months."

There's probably going to be an issue or two touching on FoX but I don't see him integrating XMR into the event as much as he did previously.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-15-2023 at 11:41 AM.

I'm very interested in the political implications of it all as well. In yesterday's interview for UA Duggan said fascism is creeping across the US so that's intriguing especially since that book takes place in DC I believe. Dark X-Men as well has me very curious about what exactly happens with the X-Men that Maddie feels she needs to fill the void. Her way of filling said void is going to be interesting.

X-Men and Immortal remain the most mysterious of the titles so far and that's fun. As for Red, if indeed some of earth's mutants are sent up there I wonder who many would side with in the Genesis War. If Genesis is like, "See? We can't just wait for them to attack us as they did Krakoa. We must spread our empire!" I can see people agreeing with her.

October solicits should be out this coming Thursday which is the first day of SDCC (and the panel with JDW).
    Immortal is super interesting to me because we ended the Council in 13, which was the whole setting of the book. What we get now is going to be very different IMO from what we were getting. It looks like the only book still taking place on Krakoa.
    I'm of two minds when it comes to X-Men. The fist solicit and the Kate changes make me think this could be a stealth team book (take over for X-Force while Maddie takes over for the X-Men who are underground). Emma could work in that way too (Duggan added a flashback in Invincible Iron Man that hasn't really been relevant yet where she used an alias to infiltrate Stark Industries or maybe use Tony's Iron Man suit made for stealth if he isn't needing it). But the way the solicits have been so far I also wonder if it might just be issues focused on a single character rather than a team. Kate is the only main character in the first cover and she's the only one mentioned in the solicit. Emma is the only featured character on her cover (although the wedding could be derailing the cover and that solicit does mention a mutant family). Show what a variety of characters are doing during Fall of X who didn't have enough story/interest to do a mini.

Doubt we'll get much from this Monday's X-Men Monday (JDW seems tight lipped and this is heading into the big event for that Destiny of X has been leading to). I doubt we'll see much about the wedding in the solicits but I am curious to see the solicit for X-Men to see which of my two theories is closer.

I think Duggan hinting this Gala is the last one gives us a hint at the timeline:

AUG-DEC\JAN FoX

ie mutants on the back foot. Scrambling, trying to survive. We have no hint they are capable of hitting back at Orchis in any meaningful way

JAN-MAR\APRIL ?oX

The big question mark. Either a relaunch or a Hox\Pox type of "Big Deal" mini. Mutants strike back. Is this the decisive battle against Orchis? I doubt it. FoX had 6 whole months of wind up. Makes sense the big fight has the same breadth.

APRIL-JUNE\JULY Event of X (Dominion of X?)

The big fight. Orchis vs Krakoa for all the marbles. Either the finale of the whole Krakoan experiment, or at least the Post-Hickman stage of it. Duggan has exactly a year with the new team, which is fair in-story and out (imagine if you voted your fave in, and they get 5 issues lol). I think it's the big endgame Gillen\Percy\Ewing\Duggan are writing for. Past here, its either a whole new vision or at least a fresh slew of creators.

whadda ya think, gang?

Nothing. I ran out of patience. Now I'm just here to shitpost about Hellion. If comics aren't going to give me what I want, then I'll make my own fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    I think Duggan hinting this Gala is the last one gives us a hint at the timeline:

AUG-DEC\JAN FoX

ie mutants on the back foot. Scrambling, trying to survive. We have no hint they are capable of hitting back at Orchis in any meaningful way

JAN-MAR\APRIL ?oX

The big question mark. Either a relaunch or a Hox\Pox type of "Big Deal" mini. Mutants strike back. Is this the decisive battle against Orchis? I doubt it. FoX had 6 whole months of wind up. Makes sense the big fight has the same breadth.

APRIL-JUNE\JULY Event of X (Dominion of X?)

The big fight. Orchis vs Krakoa for all the marbles. Either the finale of the whole Krakoan experiment, or at least the Post-Hickman stage of it. Duggan has exactly a year with the new team, which is fair in-story and out (imagine if you voted your fave in, and they get 5 issues lol). I think it's the big endgame Gillen\Percy\Ewing\Duggan are writing for. Past here, its either a whole new vision or at least a fresh slew of creators.

whadda ya think, gang?
    Hopefully the Gala isn't done, I've enjoyed it (at least the new outfits).

I like the idea that Orchis hasn't been defeated after the Fall of X, but rather that mutants have been able to stabilize and return to a sense of normal. Orchis has been built up as this big bad for a while so maybe Krakoa can clear its name of the acts Orchis has done (the terrorist attack and the flowers). Sinister Four had that document with Fall of X has chapter 8 and Rise of the Powers of X as chapter 12, so it would seem more is coming.

I hope Krakoa continues for a while. It's been a nice change from how things were before and I'd hate to see them go back. My hope is with Immortal 13 disbanding the council Krakoa will continue, otherwise there really isn't a point in doing so if the whole premise just ends anyways.