Page 36 of 161 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Theorizing that the Unity Squad, or at least Rogue's involvement with it, is because Destiny's visions tell her that they need to strengthen ties with humans ASAP. Mutants not only need each other, but humans.
    That's a great theory and the timing would work perfectly with R&G ending right before Fall starts.
    Then the rest of the pieces will come together when Hellion's book is announced.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Theorizing that the Unity Squad, or at least Rogue's involvement with it, is because Destiny's visions tell her that they need to strengthen ties with humans ASAP. Mutants not only need each other, but humans.
    True, though it is worth noting Rogue was the leader of the last incarnation of the Unity team

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    So here's what we know and what we don't know.

The Hellfire Gala is the official kickoff to the era. Duggan submitted a first draft of 70 pages, his longest comic book script everrrr. False flags, fake Captain Krakoa, lions, tigers, and bears. This is in late July but before that we have FCBD in May which will include a flash forward to the Gala and provide some kind of glimpse of the Uncanny Avengers which launches in August.

Before the Gala we also have what I like to call the Before the Fall mini era in May, June, and most of July. JDW confirmed that Fall of X will affect every book in the X-line - if there's mutants in a book, it will be affected. So let's look at the books and what we know and don't know.

- Immortal X-Men will continue and May is Storm's issue as she deals with the fallout from Sins. The book may shift gears and focus on the Fall after Gillen's July Before the Fall one-shot Sinister Four.
    - X-Men Red will continue and May sees a confrontation between Storm and Xavier over Magneto's death. This book will also be the place where the return of Apocalypse and family is told after the Heralds of Apocalypse one-shot in June.
    - X-Men will continue and "mutantkind may be stronger than ever, but that just makes their enemies more determined than ever to tear them down. Orchis’ plans are in motion, preparing for the fall…" I suspect that Dr. Stasis will play a huge role in the Fall considering he was taken out early in Sins.
    - X-Force will continue and new members join in May. No sign yet of how it will be connect to Fall.
    - Wolverine will continue as he deals with Beast. No sign yet of how it will connect to Fall other than he'll be on the run after the Gala.
    - Orlando's Marauders ends with next week's #12. There's a small gap until we see him again in his June Before the Fall one-shot Mutant First Strike. Interestingly, the solicit says "A deadly mutant attacks an innocent small town, but nothing is what it seems." Could this be part of the upcoming false flag attacks? PLUS, we know Orlando is getting another book so an announcement is forthcoming.
    - Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain's villain Brousseau has been popping up in other books and we now know he's working with Orchis. He also is looking to acquire a "large amount of mutant blood." This could be how Betsy's book connects to the Fall. We may get confirmation as soon as next week's June solicitations if the book continues into the July/August Fall of X season.
    - Spurrier's Legion of X story will wrap up in his May Before the Fall one-shot Sons of X. So far no indication if he's staying in the X-Office so if not, we may get news on what will replace LoX if anything.
    - Bishop: War College wraps up in June and right now it's featuring the most action from Orchis in 616. Interestingly, issue #4 states that "when the two Bishops arrive at the Tucker Institute to search for Tempo, they find the facility under attack by the Human Liberation Front – an anti-mutant extremist group made up of this alternate future Earth’s versions of MOIRA MacTAGGERT, FEILONG, TONY STARK and SIMON TRASK." This book concludes in June so will it be replaced with another mini or possible ongoing?
    - Rogue & Gambit concludes in July just before the Gala. We don't know yet what Destiny is on about and how it all may connect to the Fall. Will it be replaced with another mini or possible ongoing?
    - New Mutants Lethal Legion also concludes in July. Will it be replaced with another mini or possible ongoing?
    - Sabretooth & the Exiles concludes at the end of March. This series is said to be part 2 of Lavalle's triptych so I expect an announcement of the final chapter soon.

Noteworthy: JDW emphasized that Kate will be going through a very tough time during the Fall. That might mean she'll be featured in a new book unless her story will take place in Immortal.

Did I miss anything?
    Yes. You miss me. And I miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Yes. You miss me. And I miss you.
    Nothing but truth here. You really need to post more!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

So here's what we know and what we don't know.

The Hellfire Gala is the official kickoff to the era. Duggan submitted a first draft of 70 pages, his longest comic book script everrrr. False flags, fake Captain Krakoa, lions, tigers, and bears. This is in late July but before that we have FCBD in May which will include a flash forward to the Gala and provide some kind of glimpse of the Uncanny Avengers which launches in August.

Before the Gala we also have what I like to call the Before the Fall mini era in May, June, and most of July. JDW confirmed that Fall of X will affect every book in the X-line - if there's mutants in a book, it will be affected. So let's look at the books and what we know and don't know.

- Immortal X-Men will continue and May is Storm's issue as she deals with the fallout from Sins. The book may shift gears and focus on the Fall after Gillen's July Before the Fall one-shot Sinister Four.
    - X-Men Red will continue and May sees a confrontation between Storm and Xavier over Magneto's death. This book will also be the place where the return of Apocalypse and family is told after the Heralds of Apocalypse one-shot in June.
    - X-Men will continue and "mutantkind may be stronger than ever, but that just makes their enemies more determined than ever to tear them down. Orchis’ plans are in motion, preparing for the fall…" I suspect that Dr. Stasis will play a huge role in the Fall considering he was taken out early in Sins.
    - X-Force will continue and new members join in May. No sign yet of how it will be connect to Fall.
    - Wolverine will continue as he deals with Beast. No sign yet of how it will connect to Fall other than he'll be on the run after the Gala.
    - Orlando's Marauders ends with next week's #12. There's a small gap until we see him again in his June Before the Fall one-shot Mutant First Strike. Interestingly, the solicit says "A deadly mutant attacks an innocent small town, but nothing is what it seems." Could this be part of the upcoming false flag attacks? PLUS, we know Orlando is getting another book so an announcement is forthcoming.
    - Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain's villain Brousseau has been popping up in other books and we now know he's working with Orchis. He also is looking to acquire a "large amount of mutant blood." This could be how Betsy's book connects to the Fall. We may get confirmation as soon as next week's June solicitations if the book continues into the July/August Fall of X season.
    - Spurrier's Legion of X story will wrap up in his May Before the Fall one-shot Sons of X. So far no indication if he's staying in the X-Office so if not, we may get news on what will replace LoX if anything.
    - Bishop: War College wraps up in June and right now it's featuring the most action from Orchis in 616. Interestingly, issue #4 states that "when the two Bishops arrive at the Tucker Institute to search for Tempo, they find the facility under attack by the Human Liberation Front – an anti-mutant extremist group made up of this alternate future Earth’s versions of MOIRA MacTAGGERT, FEILONG, TONY STARK and SIMON TRASK." This book concludes in June so will it be replaced with another mini or possible ongoing?
    - Rogue & Gambit concludes in July just before the Gala. We don't know yet what Destiny is on about and how it all may connect to the Fall. Will it be replaced with another mini or possible ongoing?
    - New Mutants Lethal Legion also concludes in July. Will it be replaced with another mini or possible ongoing?
    - Sabretooth & the Exiles concludes at the end of March. This series is said to be part 2 of Lavalle's triptych so I expect an announcement of the final chapter soon.

Noteworthy: JDW emphasized that Kate will be going through a very tough time during the Fall. That might mean she'll be featured in a new book unless her story will take place in Immortal.

Did I miss anything?
    Great recap! I expect to see a number of new books going into Fall of X as that's previously been hinted at. Clearly all the current minis are mostly placeholders until the new books are launched.

Also, I can easily see Uncanny Avengers in the FoX titles given the majority of the team are mutants and that Gerry Duggan is writing it.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Kates deal could be with Colossus. "Your ex fiance just betrayed your nation"

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Kates deal could be with Colossus. "Your ex fiance just betrayed your nation"
    "I hope he's not still upset I left him at the altar."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "I hope he's not still upset I left him at the altar."
    Kitty+Wisdom > Kitty+Piotr anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Great recap! I expect to see a number of new books going into Fall of X as that's previously been hinted at. Clearly all the current minis are mostly placeholders until the new books are launched.

Also, I can easily see Uncanny Avengers in the FoX titles given the majority of the team are mutants and that Gerry Duggan is writing it.
    Thank you! I'm so curious about what new titles we'll get, their creative teams, their casts. I'm not aware of any major cons coming up so we'll likely get announcements through the usual methods of social media and comic sites.

Extraordinary Member

Thank you! I'm so curious about what new titles we'll get, their creative teams, their casts. I'm not aware of any major cons coming up so we'll likely get announcements through the usual methods of social media and comic sites.
    C2E2 (Chicago) is in two weeks. That feels a little early but there is nothing I see in April or even May that I think might be big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    C2E2 (Chicago) is in two weeks. That feels a little early but there is nothing I see in April or even May that I think might be big enough.
    Ah yes, thanks for the reminder. They did an announcement at C2E2 last year I think but I just checked this year's panels and nothing from the X-Office. So I figure they did the 60th anniversary panel to keep us satiated until the bigger announcements.

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder. They did an announcement at C2E2 last year I think but I just checked this year's panels and nothing from the X-Office. So I figure they did the 60th anniversary panel to keep us satiated until the bigger announcements.
    That's a crying shame

C2E2 2020 was when they announced X of Swords. I was there. I asked Hickman and Ewing about Murd Blurdock!

Highlight of my year ngl

I think you're right and we're getting the skinny on Fall of X via websites, press releases and social media: the relevant solicits will hit before San Diego so Marvel will want to make announcements before that.

I had a look at the panels at C2E2 and there's a couple about X-Men TAS/97... so here's hoping we get some more news on that at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    That's a crying shame

C2E2 2020 was when they announced X of Swords. I was there. I asked Hickman and Ewing about Murd Blurdock!

Highlight of my year ngl
    Wow that feels so long ago. That was an exciting announcement so it's cool that you got to experience it live!

I had to look up Murd Blurdock and though I didn't recognize the name I'm pretty sure I've seen that face before.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think you're right and we're getting the skinny on Fall of X via websites, press releases and social media: the relevant solicits will hit before San Diego so Marvel will want to make announcements before that.

I had a look at the panels at C2E2 and there's a couple about X-Men TAS/97... so here's hoping we get some more news on that at least.
    That's right, SDCC is in July and we'll have a lot of information prior to it. Perhaps they'll announce something related for winter at the con.

More X-Men TAS/97 news would be great. I really enjoyed that panel from the 60th anniversary. Very upbeat energy from De Mayo!

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

haven't read a x-men book in a while, looking forward to jumping back in with this, I do hope it's not a super gloom and doom storyline

anyways the four preceding one shots sound intriguing