Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2407

Thread: Fall of X

What are the threats ?
    - SoS being revealed to the public
    - Orchis using the gates in LoX
    - Orchis using Szardoz to ignite fear and hate of "monstrous mutants"
    - The Akkaba clan manipulating opinions in the UK and absconding mutants
    - Beast and his crimes being revealed
    - Beast allying with Brand and Orchis (and apparently Nimrod if we believe the covers)
    - Kingpin asking refuge in Krakoa (bad press)
    - Genesis and Apocalypse returning

Anything else ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    What are the threats ?
    - Beast allying with Brand and Orchis (and apparently Nimrod if we believe the covers)

Anything else ?
    Orchis using iron man sentinels

Possible end of resurrections and someone dies permanently. Hellfire gala 2023 hints impossible deaths and tragedy.
    Idk if someone noticed but all announcements are about (Duggan’s) xmen big defeat that seems to lead to end of krakoan xmen and that’s why Madelyne forms her own Xmen because krakoan xmen aren’t there anymore. So I assume jean or Scott dies.

There is still rogue and gambit book that is supposed to reveal another secret/mystery

And isn’t krakoa infected with phalanx that is controlled by warlock who is controlled by nimrod?

Also kingpin might do something to Emma or her reputation because that’s the only reason he’s there. He wants his revenge on Emma.
    Last edited by Braxxer; 04-08-2023 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Orchis using iron man sentinels

Possible end of resurrections and someone dies permanently. Hellfire gala 2023 hints impossible deaths and tragedy.
    Idk if someone noticed but all announcements are about (Duggan’s) xmen big defeat that seems to lead to end of krakoan xmen and that’s why Madelyne forms her own Xmen because krakoan xmen aren’t there anymore. So I assume jean or Scott dies.

There is still rogue and gambit book that is supposed to reveal another secret/mystery

And isn’t krakoa infected with phalanx that is controlled by warlock who is controlled by nimrod?

Also kingpin might do something to Emma or her reputation because that’s the only reason he’s there. He wants his revenge on Emma.
    Yeah I get the feeling the status of the X-Men will change drastically. I think the Treehouse is out and the new team may have to be on the run like Logan is. Or operate from the shadows while Uncanny Avengers is the face forward team.

As for threats we also have Orchis digging underground in War College currently and they may do something to Krakoa itself. We also have whatever device Stasis installed at the last gala.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah I get the feeling the status of the X-Men will change drastically. I think the Treehouse is out and the new team may have to be on the run like Logan is. Or operate from the shadows while Uncanny Avengers is the face forward team.

As for threats we also have Orchis digging underground in War College currently and they may do something to Krakoa itself. We also have whatever device Stasis installed at the last gala.
    I remember in timeless 2022 was a panel with burning treehouse and humans cheering

I remember in timeless 2022 was a panel with burning treehouse and humans cheering
    Yeah I fear that’s going to come to pass so it’ll be interesting to see where the X-Men will be operating out of.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I dunno what Alpha Flight new gimmick would be.
    I think it could be that Canada is a sanctuary country for mutants, like in the ‘Logan’ film, as the U.S. has gone hostile with the Orchis takedown of Krakoa. So a revamped Alpha Flight would make sense in that case.

Or maybe that’s just my hope. It’s probably going to be something totally unrelated to Alpha Flight just co-opting the name, that I’ll have zero interest in.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

So there's nothing but death, destruction, and misery ahead for the X-Men, the exact reason I quit reading in the first place. Sure am glad I came back!
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    What are the threats ?

Anything else ?
    I remember Forge coming back from the Vault where he got subdued by Serafina, after which his backup briefly registered a huge amount of unknown data, which got discounted as some kind of glitch but hinted at some trojan piggybacking out with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I remember Forge coming back from the Vault where he got subdued by Serafina, after which his backup briefly registered a huge amount of unknown data, which got discounted as some kind of glitch but hinted at some trojan piggybacking out with him.
    That was Darwin's virtual consciousness. I do hope he's not a mole.

So many things could go wrong, it's exciting.

Definately will add Dark X-Men to my pull list. Gonna' pass on Iceman and probably Realms. I haven't made up my mind on Uncanny Avengers yet.

Will still keep Red, Immortal, adjectiveless, Wolverine, and X-Force.

Still waiting to see what the other titles look like.

I heard the rumour that duggan’s xmen will be changed and the change will be bigger

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    Definately will add Dark X-Men to my pull list. Gonna' pass on Iceman and probably Realms. I haven't made up my mind on Uncanny Avengers yet.

Will still keep Red, Immortal, adjectiveless, Wolverine, and X-Force.

Still waiting to see what the other titles look like.
    Same. Except I may pass on Red during FoX, since Ewing’s doing this whole return of Apocalypse and Genesis and ignoring Cable’s history with the former entirely by not even including him. I’ll sub Dark X-men for X-men Red until that story’s done and Nathan is back in the book. So I’ll be getting Dark X-men, adjectiveless X-men, Wolverine and X-Force. Maybe Immortal too, though that book is starting to bore me.

I heard the rumour that duggan’s xmen will be changed and the change will be bigger
    I hope so. Duggan loves Cable so maybe he’s showing up here, thus explaining his absence from X-men Red with Apocalypse coming back.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    So there's nothing but death, destruction, and misery ahead for the X-Men, the exact reason I quit reading in the first place. Sure am glad I came back!
    I'm not enthused either by the premise/promise of destruction which is why I'm just sticking with my two usuals for now (unless Alpha Flight proves to be interesting...unlike what was revealed so far.)

DXM: Maddie, Havok and Angel yes...everyone else...no.
    Iceman: Enh!
    RoX: Magic and Miraj so coolz...but in a Norse setting? No.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well, share with the class
    Ok, I could be way off on this, but it looks like something is going to happen to put mutants heavily on the back foot, setting inter dimensional quests and rear-guard actions in motion, and Genesis is known to be coming back. We also know that the Arakko Maw gate is still intact, and was used to ”invert” Arakko to Mars.

So what I see probably happening is that Genesis will somehow use the gate to kidnap Krakoa into Amenth. This will leave the mutants on Earth scattered and outmatched without their homeland and the gate network - probably the attendants of the Gala will be in this camp, as they’re in the Faroe Isles when this happens. I can also see some core cast running back to Krakoa just in time to get drawn into Amenth and have their books actually take place there for a while.

Too big a leap?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Ok, I could be way off on this, but it looks like something is going to happen to put mutants heavily on the back foot, setting inter dimensional quests and rear-guard actions in motion, and Genesis is known to be coming back. We also know that the Arakko Maw gate is still intact, and was used to ”invert” Arakko to Mars.

So what I see probably happening is that Genesis will somehow use the gate to kidnap Krakoa into Amenth. This will leave the mutants on Earth scattered and outmatched without their homeland and the gate network - probably the attendants of the Gala will be in this camp, as they’re in the Faroe Isles when this happens. I can also see some core cast running back to Krakoa just in time to get drawn into Amenth and have their books actually take place there for a while.

Too big a leap?
    My theories jump to this kind of possibility as well but I am always stuck on the first arc of Uncanny Avengers. It just feels like someone pretending to be Captain Krakoa and attacking people is not that big of a deal if Krakoa got swallowed into some demon realm. I would expect quite a few of the villainous ex-Krakoans to cause enough problems on their own.