Page 16 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

I mean, when this "Krakoan Age" started with the X-men, I was already dubious.

Mutants starting their own island nation? Gee, haven't seen THAT before. How long before it blows up in their faces....

But, I have to say that despite that, Hickman did make this age different and completely re-set the status quo. I haven't always LIKED how he did so (I think the whole "resurrection" idea is terrible and gets rid of any stakes, even though resurrection happens all the time in comics) but I could appreciate that it was a fresh take.

I guess I would be worried like others that if Krakoa ends, the mutants will just go right back to where they were. I'd even take their adventures on Mars/Arrakkis over that... it's still too soon to go back to mutants as a small population constantly hunted and besieged by others.

Here's hoping Xavier finally gets his well deserved punishment for what he did to Danger. Something à la I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream seems fitting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Here's hoping Xavier finally gets his well deserved punishment for what he did to Danger. Something à la I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream seems fitting.
    I Have No Legs and I Must Fall

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Mike Carey resolved that plotline in Legacy years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Mike Carey resolved that plotline in Legacy years ago.
    And now he betrayed her again when he banished her from Krakoa and tossed her lover into the pit. In light of the Moira retcon and his hardline anti-AI stance, Xavier's past actions appear even more sinister now, as it seems he has always seen her as nothing more than a tool to be used and then discarded.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It would be hilarious if the "big, dramatic" event of Fall of X was just Xavier quietly retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    It would be hilarious if the "big, dramatic" event of Fall of X was just Xavier quietly retiring.
    It probably will really be like that…

„In the light of Fall of X, Xavier will decide over his ultimate fate. Something so big, it will change the Marvel universe forevaaaaahhhh, by retiring“

So what books do we think are relaunching with Fall of X

X-Men will still be around
    X-Force is probably going stick around
    Captain Britain hopefully sticks around
    X-Men Red is either going to be Uncanny X-Men or Uncanny Avengers
    Immortal X-Men (I don't know how long Gillen will stick around but I hope he does)
    Legion of X (Will probably morph into something else)
    New Mutants might be ending

Everything else is a mini I believe.

Not that I'm the only one by any means...but I called this happening at least 2 if not 3 years ago, down to calling it the Fall Of X.

House Of X/Powers Of X
    Dawn Of X
    Reign Of X
    Destiny of X
    Fall Of X.

Granted, we got an extra "era" in there than I thought we would with Destiny of X, but we're still there in the end.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think everyone "called" an eventual and inevitable "Fall" back then.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Immortal X-Men (I don't know how long Gillen will stick around but I hope he does)

I think X-Men, X-Force and Wolverine are the only ones that are definitely sticking around.

I think Gillen is also staying but I can see a retooling for Immortal, which I think is more likely to morph into a new Uncanny X-Men rather than X-Men Red.

New Mutants I can also easily see getting a relaunch.

I'm not sure the X-office will persevere with Legion of X honestly.

And I love Captain Britain but I'll be surprised if it makes it past issue 6.

I can also see Marvel giving X-Factor another go as it's one of the core mutant titles historically although not necessarily a great seller after its original incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

I've been thinking about this and I find it extra tricky to predict this time. Part of it depends on when Fall of X will start - we know it's summer but will it be right after SoS or mid/late summer? I would think Red, Immortal and Legion (if it doesn't end) would need some setup time for Fall of X. And I suspect some of the minis are doing setup duty also (R&G, Sabretooth, War College).

The biggest possible changes would be re-working X-Force if they're planning to use the info in today's Red that Brand is influencing Beast in some way. And I can see Immortal changing focus like Uncanny said. If Legion does end, I definitely want Nightcrawler with Gillen. Not sure where Marauders will land.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Not that I'm the only one by any means...but I called this happening at least 2 if not 3 years ago, down to calling it the Fall Of X.

House Of X/Powers Of X
    Dawn Of X
    Reign Of X
    Destiny of X
    Fall Of X.

Granted, we got an extra "era" in there than I thought we would with Destiny of X, but we're still there in the end.
    I do really hope they survive the Fall and Krakoa stay.

Is the best change to the status quo in years.

The feared hated and killed angle is done to death (pun intented)

Krakoa must stay. Xavier must fall not dying. but in prison some kind of "anti martir" of What Mags thougth he will do.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

You know I've been guessing, with the repeated instances about the Phalanx being relevant again that thisd be basically leading into Hickman's second act, with the Mutants all in space. But maybe this is just straight up the endgame with the big fight against the Phalanx?

But is it Fall of X or Autumn of X!?