Page 160 of 161 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161 LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2407

Thread: Fall of X

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    AVENGERS joins Fall of the House Of X in issue 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    The last Avengers issue edited by Tom Brevoort (the main Avengers editor since 1997) if I remember correctly (so just before the the start of the Blood Hunt event).
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Interesting... one has to wonder if incoming Avengers editor Will Moss will be bringing over a new creative team, freeing up Mackay to do something for Brevoort's new X-office instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    Or Will Moss could wait until Avengers #34/800 (in early 2026, the year of the release of the Avengers 5 movie) to relaunch the title with his own choice of creative team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    That's a very long time to start making your mark on a book you've just been promoted to editing though. It's not a hard rule that a new editor needs to bring a new creative team but it's what often happens really.
    Yes, of course, but wouldn't it be a bit weird to see Jed MacKay already leave Avengers after only one year (and a half, including the summer event Blood Hunt) ?

Tom Brevoort must have some trust in Wil Moss since he choose him to take over Ewing's Immortal Hulk (A book edited by Brevoort at first) and then the Avengers titles (starting with May 2024's Avengers #13).
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 12-22-2023 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Love seeing Emma in the center. Let's goooo!
    (It's only a cover but I noticed immediately that Talon isn't there.)

Cool to see the Avengers getting involved in the Fall of the House of X. And yeah these books are coming out in April.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Is that a new Emma costume?

Also now no one can ever say the Avengers don't help out the Mutants (unless it doesn't count because it's this one time).

Why are the Latveria mutants taking up space when we have so many other mutants who could be returning to the fold? Uninterested. And an eye sore on this otherwise cool cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    Why are the Latveria mutants taking up space when we have so many other mutants who could be returning to the fold? Uninterested. And an eye sore on this otherwise cool cover.
    Yeah, I'd have replaced Zangief with Juggernaut or Colossus, Electric girl with Storm, and Plant lady with Rogue or X-23. Just a personal preference.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Last edited by Micabe; 12-22-2023 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Pic(s) added.

From Duggan's substack:
    https://gerryduggan.substack.com/p/m...ysterium-armor

Meet The Mark 72: Mysterium Armor:

"We have a few tricks up our sleeves that we won’t be talking about, but it’s time to proudly unveil the Mark 72.

When we commenced Jed, and Tom and everyone on the Avengers team accommodated us by using the Mark Nil and our status quo, and we were grateful they did. we hope you all enjoyed the show. Pepe Larraz needed to start next year’s big event BLOODHUNT before we had designed the armor in Iron Man for our third act. We were always building towards the MARK 72: Mysterium Armor in our story, and because Pepe was going to need to draw it first, and because he and I have a pretty good shorthand, we were thrilled he could design it."

And from his IG: "That @pepelarraz does it again. Meet the Mark 72 Mysterium model. Made with the mutant metal from outside space and time. A gift of the White Queen. What a joy it has been to write X-Men & Iron Man in this anniversary year."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    From Duggan's substack:

"We have a few tricks up our sleeves that we won’t be talking about, but it’s time to proudly unveil the Mark 72.

When we commenced Jed, and Tom and everyone on the Avengers team accommodated us by using the Mark Nil and our status quo, and we were grateful they did. we hope you all enjoyed the show. Pepe Larraz needed to start next year’s big event BLOODHUNT before we had designed the armor in Iron Man for our third act. We were always building towards the MARK 72: Mysterium Armor in our story, and because Pepe was going to need to draw it first, and because he and I have a pretty good shorthand, we were thrilled he could design it."

And from his IG: "That @pepelarraz does it again. Meet the Mark 72 Mysterium model. Made with the mutant metal from outside space and time. A gift of the White Queen. What a joy it has been to write X-Men & Iron Man in this anniversary year."
    It looks cooler on the cover than it does here.

BANNED

When we commenced Jed, and Tom and everyone on the Avengers team accommodated us by using the Mark Nil and our status quo, and we were grateful they did. we hope you all enjoyed the show. Pepe Larraz needed to start next year’s big event BLOODHUNT before we had designed the armor in Iron Man for our third act. We were always building towards the MARK 72: Mysterium Armor in our story, and because Pepe was going to need to draw it first, and because he and I have a pretty good shorthand, we were thrilled he could design it."[/COLOR]

I wonder why Mysterium is referred to as "Mutant metal" when mutants did not invent Mysterium but merely found and harvested it. I mean that's akin to the first human to find gold and naming it Human metal... And, was it ever determined who forged the Seed Puzzle Box made of Mysterium that Kitty somehow, somewhen sent to herself?

Last edited by Micabe; 12-22-2023 at 08:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I wonder why Mysterium is referred to as "Mutant metal" when mutants did not invent Mysterium but merely found and harvested it. I mean that's akin to the first human to find gold and naming it Human metal... And, was it ever determined who forged the Seed Puzzle Box made of Mysterium that Kitty somehow, somewhen sent to herself?
    It seems somewhat on brand with the whole "everything made/done by mutants is 20% cooler now" trend that started with HOX/POX, where writers would simply take something, slap the word mutant on and have characters proclaim it "superior" to anything "human" (mutant technology, mutant magic, mutant culture, mutant religion, mutant fashion, mutant tooth paste), even if the claims of uniqueness and superiority didn't really work when examined for more than a second and writers failed to actualy deliver on them.

However it's likely just a case of a misnomer, where something is named by association rather than by actual origin.

Like how the panama hat was actualy created in Ecuador, but via circumstances became associated with the region of Panama.

The game Chinese Checkers was actualy invented in germany but got it's english name by the company that marketed in the US under a different name.

The term "gothic" does not have any direct relation to the germanic tribes of the "goths" which it's named after. Rather it was an attempt to insult something as "barbaric" via association with the tribe's infamy (akin to how the vandals reputation was used to coin the term vandalism).

So since mutants were the ones to introduce Mysterium to the wider galaxy and were the only ones to have access to it, it makes sense that it would become referenced as "mutant metal".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It seems somewhat on brand with the whole "everything made/done by mutants is 20% cooler now" trend that started with HOX/POX, where writers would simply take something, slap the word mutant on and have characters proclaim it "superior" to anything "human" (mutant technology, mutant magic, mutant culture, mutant religion, mutant fashion, mutant tooth paste), even if the claims of uniqueness and superiority didn't really work when examined for more than a second and writers failed to actualy deliver on them.

However it's likely just a case of a misnomer, where something is named by association rather than by actual origin.

Like how the panama hat was actualy created in Ecuador, but via circumstances became associated with the region of Panama.

The game Chinese Checkers was actualy invented in germany but got it's english name by the company that marketed in the US under a different name.

The term "gothic" does not have any direct relation to the germanic tribes of the "goths" which it's named after. Rather it was an attempt to insult something as "barbaric" via association with the tribe's infamy (akin to how the vandals reputation was used to coin the term vandalism).

So since mutants were the ones to introduce Mysterium to the wider galaxy and were the only ones to have access to it, it makes sense that it would become referenced as "mutant metal".
    Okay, fair enough... I'll run with that explanation as I perceive no fault in your logic

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

From Duggan's substack:

I'm digging this. Duggan and Frigieri's Iron Man has been one the highlights during Fall of X and I can't wait to see Pepe Larraz's renditions of Shell-head and the rest of the Avengers. Though I hope Brevoort steals him back to the X-office afterwards since he's the one who put him on Blood Hunt in the first place.

Ultimate Member

Right now, Mysterium just seems to have whatever plot convenience properties seem cool at the point. (And since it's the galactic currency, as common out there in the galaxy as dollar bills, at the moment, Orchis could have literal tons of the stuff lying around, assuming these folk with super-future tech, capable of creating space stations and colonizing moons of other planets, can pick up a space radio and make deals with some aliens! Mysterium Iron Man vs. Mysterium Nimrod! Whose technobabble made-up-on-the-spot properties will win? Only the writer knows, and even *he* won't understand!)

I almost kind of wish it was some sort of quantum substance, with properties based on what's willed into it, like a mutant version of Reed Richard's 'unstable molecules,' combined with a super-tough metal. Sunfire wears mysterium armor, it generates heat and fire along with him. Jean wears mysterium, it both augments her own telepathic range / potency like a 'telepathic antenna' and channels away that of telepathic attackers like a 'telepathic Faraday cage,' and does the same with her telekinesis, being almost 'weightless' to her TK (allowing her to hurl herself at supersonic velocities, like a human rocket) and yet 'infinitely heavy' to hostile telekinetics (so she weighs as much as Dazzler's dumptruck booty to Exodus). Give it properties that actually have a damn thing to do with *mutants,* enhancing or refining their abilities (and perhaps allowing some of the unusual applications of mutant powers we've seen in this age of Krakoa, like Aurora inexplicably able to generate energy blasts, or Goldballs producing organic matter, or Tempo changing from someone who can speed up allies or slow down foes, to someone with pretty much any time manipulation power Pirate Ninja Captain Kitty can think of).

FF4 might as well get involved to if the Avengers are...

BANNED

The cover looks much better than the front, back, and side specs...
    Should we expect Stark to join the war going on in Otherworld in his Mysterium Armor or something to that effect?
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-23-2023 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.