Page 153 of 161 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2407

Thread: Fall of X

Incredible Member

Realm of X at least provides more space for background characters like Loa (last page)

I feel conflicted about Invincible Iron Man. Its good, but based on what's been out so far and the solicits it doesn't feel like it's all that tied to Fall of X.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I feel conflicted about Invincible Iron Man. Its good, but based on what's been out so far and the solicits it doesn't feel like it's all that tied to Fall of X.
    It’s really not meant to be, I consider it a “guest” comic with the X-Men line.
    Like how that single issue of Ghost Rider was.

How so?

Seems to me that dealing with the Stark Sentinels and Feilong is more relevant to Fall of X than going on adventures in Asgard and What If scenarios in Jean Grey's past for example.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    How so?

Seems to me that dealing with the Stark Sentinels and Feilong is more relevant to Fall of X than going on adventures in Asgard and What If scenarios in Jean Grey's past for example.
    I agree.

spoilers:
    Getting into Feilong's mind and securing the schematics of the Stark Sentinels is a big win imo. The Sentinels are what's keeping the X-Men in hiding and doing hit and run attacks. If Tony's able to sabotage or bring them down, the X-Men can move around easier and Emma and the other telepaths can possibly be unleashed. That could swing the war into their favor. Then there's the whole Mysterium thing and whatever Tony's father had planned for it.

The bonus is learning Feilong's motivations. His parents were both mutants but he was born human and always resented them for having powers and he didn't. They never abandoned him like he says, they loved him. Sorry you were born boring, bro. LOL
    end of spoilers
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Duggan is really cooking with gas lately, I thought only Uncanny Avengers #2 wasn't exceptional but everything else has been great. This week's Iron Man issue in particular was really good.

Realm #2 was a vast improvement over issue 1 but it feels totally superfluous to Fall of X and inconsequential.

Uncanny Spider-Man's first issue was enjoyable, I never really connected to Spurrier's Kurt but I think the more light-hearted superheroics setting and the need to wrap the story up by #4 could be a benefit here.

Ms. Marvel has been a very fun mini so far, I love that Kamala is part of the X-world now and her burgeoning relationship with Emma. Although I'm also looking forward to her teaming up and being mentored by other X-people eventually.

Rogue should be Ms Marvel mentor and Emma her "Kinda Mutant Momma"

That would be destroyer to Medusa and a lil annoyng to Danvers (She and Rogue are in excelent terms now)

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post

That would be destroyer to Medusa and a lil annoyng to Danvers (She and Rogue are in excelent terms now)
    Rogue is exactly who I was thinking of as well. I'm still bummed they never explored her as a mentor for Hope beyond some very brief moments.

A Rogue/Ms. Marvel dynamic would be fun to explore - I'm not sure how public knowledge what Rogue did to Carol Danvers back then is... it could be interesting to see Anna Marie breaking the news to Kamala and seeing Kamala struggling on how to react to that.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    It’s really not meant to be, I consider it a “guest” comic with the X-Men line.
    Like how that single issue of Ghost Rider was.
    I guess that's a good way to look at it, but that just makes it more disappointing if her time during this supposedly important event is just guest starring in a tie in for Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    How so?

It's relevant for Tony, but based on what I've seen it doesn't seem all that relevant for X-Men. Especially since spoilers:
    they let Feilong go
    end of spoilers

The FoX books (especially wit the January teases) feel like they could be divided into three groups. Ones that are heavily tied in (X-Men, Immortal, UA, Dark, Alpha Flight), ones that are dealing with non-orchis threats that have been brought up before (CoTV, Red, possibly Realms) and books that deal a little with FoX (possibly Jean Grey, Uncanny Spider, Iceman from what I've heard, possibly Realms). Invincible Iron Man at this point feels more like the last group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I agree.

spoilers:
    Getting into Feilong's mind and securing the schematics of the Stark Sentinels is a big win imo. The Sentinels are what's keeping the X-Men in hiding and doing hit and run attacks. If Tony's able to sabotage or bring them down, the X-Men can move around easier and Emma and the other telepaths can possibly be unleashed. That could swing the war into their favor. Then there's the whole Mysterium thing and whatever Tony's father had planned for it.

The bonus is learning Feilong's motivations. His parents were both mutants but he was born human and always resented them for having powers and he didn't. They never abandoned him like he says, they loved him. Sorry you were born boring, bro. LOL
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    My interpretation is that Tony has been looking to build new armor to deal with the sentinels. Which isn't exactly super helpful against sentinels, mysterium or not.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

I guess that's a good way to look at it, but that just makes it more disappointing if her time during this supposedly important event is just guest starring in a tie in for Iron Man.

It's relevant for Tony, but based on what I've seen it doesn't seem all that relevant for X-Men. Especially since spoilers:
    they let Feilong go
    end of spoilers
    Its Emma tough. She might have planted a subconscious thought/trap that Tony probably doesnt even know about. Ok maybe not might, but more most likely. That is one of her MOs. So letting him go might have been to benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Its Emma tough. She might have planted a subconscious thought/trap that Tony probably doesnt even know about. Ok maybe not might, but more most likely. That is one of her MOs. So letting him go might have been to benefit.
    I get the reasoning behind it, but to me it just shows that its not very Fall of X related.

Extraordinary Member

Feilong is just not interesting to me, and his whole battle with Tony Stark only matters to Tony. Orchis has been able to produce sentinels the whole time so it is really unnecessary to having sentinels. If they had no idea what to do with Moira than they could have used her in this role of taking over Stark Enterprises. She also should have been the 'human' face for Orchis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I agree.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He's basically Kite Man from the Harley Quinn cartoon, only Kite Man's parents were dicks and he also was a surprisingly wholesome guy despite that.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Duggan is really cooking with gas lately, I thought only Uncanny Avengers #2 wasn't exceptional but everything else has been great. This week's Iron Man issue in particular was really good.

Realm #2 was a vast improvement over issue 1 but it feels totally superfluous to Fall of X and inconsequential.

Uncanny Spider-Man's first issue was enjoyable, I never really connected to Spurrier's Kurt but I think the more light-hearted superheroics setting and the need to wrap the story up by #4 could be a benefit here.

Ms. Marvel has been a very fun mini so far, I love that Kamala is part of the X-world now and her burgeoning relationship with Emma. Although I'm also looking forward to her teaming up and being mentored by other X-people eventually.
    I'm just waiting for Kamala to wear her original suit again.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post

Really? I had heard that Carol and Rogue were forced to work together and they buried the hatchet(to use an old phrase) and resolved to be cordial to each other in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Rogue is exactly who I was thinking of as well. I'm still bummed they never explored her as a mentor for Hope beyond some very brief moments.

A Rogue/Ms. Marvel dynamic would be fun to explore - I'm not sure how public knowledge what Rogue did to Carol Danvers back then is... it could be interesting to see Anna Marie breaking the news to Kamala and seeing Kamala struggling on how to react to that.
    I don't think it is public knowledge, but I can see Rogue telling Kamala what happened so she doesn't hear it from someone else.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Really? I had heard that Carol and Rogue were forced to work together and they buried the hatchet(to use an old phrase) and resolved to be cordial to each other in the future.

I don't think it is public knowledge, but I can see Rogue telling Kamala what happened so she doesn't hear it from someone else.
    Rogue and Danvers are in excelent terms