Page 54 of 161 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Is Vecchio confirming? Or just happy that they landed on a name?

Luciano Vecchio:
    https://twitter.com/lucianovecchio/s...lXIdJcEt-Tda1w

Astonishing Iceman it is ❄️

Probably gonna get some hate for this but, things like that really feel like they’re trying a bit too hard with the whole gay Iceman thing. It feels less natural and more like they’re rubbing our noses in it. Like, they don’t do that kind of thing with other gay characters like Northstar or other prominent gay characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Probably gonna get some hate for this but, things like that really feel like they’re trying a bit too hard with the whole gay Iceman thing. It feels less natural and more like they’re rubbing our noses in it. Like, they don’t do that kind of thing with other gay characters like Northstar or other prominent gay characters.
    Elaborate with what you mean by that. What's unnatural? How are they rubbing your nose in it?

Was there any news about Warren being in a book? Does my lost soul dare dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Was there any news about Warren being in a book? Does my lost soul dare dream?
    Omg poor guy really got screwed over with X-Corps. He appeared briefly in the last arc of Legion of X, so if Spurrier gets a new book maybe he’ll appear there?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Elaborate with what you mean by that. What's unnatural? How are they rubbing your nose in it?
    Gayborhood Iceman. Basically seeming to feel the need to announce to the world every chance they get that the character is gay. That’s not something that you get with other prominent gay characters but that seems to be something that they’ve done with him ever since he was made gay. Like, when have you basically had Northstar come on panel and essentially say ‘By the way, just reminding you that I’m gay in case you forgot.’? It just feels awkward.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 04-01-2023 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Welcome back to Logan’s hot claws.
    At least now they have reason to be hot… heated with hellfire!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I like Shadowkat. It's a nice combination of her best code name and her real name Katherine.
    Considering it's going to be pronounced exactly like that mentioned code name, which has so far been the most enduring one for her, it's basicly just for show anyway.

But at least this way people might actualy use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'm so confused. Tbh I thought her name was always Shadowkat, with a K. Any use of Shadowcat (with a C) was just a variation on the other version. This is like the time you guys told me Cable's virus balancing out his TK wasn't some long-standing canon.
    From what i could see, it was always written with a C.

The X-men Evolution intro, which continued the tradition of X-Men TAS to show the code names of the main cast, also wrote her with C.

Spyke had a K though because the 1990's still lingered somewhat with the k instead of c trend for "cool" characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    next stop shinigami and she will repsent the big 3 from Shonen jump
    Has Bleach actualy maintained that kind of popularity?

The Shonen Jump big 3 status is usualy attributed to Naruto, One Piece and Dragon Ball.

IIRC Pogg was the one Swordbearer who was just something from Amenth and not an Arrakii or a Amenthi-bred mutant, so he probably stayed in Amenth.
    He was also just some deformed small guy in a big crocodile suit, which seems to have quickly killed most of the interest in the character.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Damn straight - he’s a giant crocodile.
    LOL Same difference...really. A little alien in a tech-suit.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Omg poor guy really got screwed over with X-Corps. He appeared briefly in the last arc of Legion of X, so if Spurrier gets a new book maybe he’ll appear there?
    For real. One terrible miniseries, and a handful of cameos where he's not portrayed all that well (trying out for the Quiet Council in Immortal, only for Monet to say he's a loser and not worthy of the Council; big bird monster in Legion of X; another appearance in Immortal, in Xavier's issue where he reveals he only recruited Warren for his bank account). I love the Krakoa era as a whole, but being a Warren fan is suffering.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Gayborhood Iceman. Basically seeming to feel the need to announce to the world every chance they get that the character is gay. That’s not something that you get with other prominent gay characters but that seems to be something that they’ve done with him ever since he was made gay. Like, when have you basically had Northstar come on panel and essentially say ‘By the way, just reminding you that I’m gay in case you forgot.’? It just feels awkward.
    It’s in character for him to be annoying about his sexuality. It’s the only thing that’s happened to him since the ice, and he won’t let you forget it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    For real. One terrible miniseries, and a handful of cameos where he's not portrayed all that well (trying out for the Quiet Council in Immortal, only for Monet to say he's a loser and not worthy of the Council; big bird monster in Legion of X; another appearance in Immortal, in Xavier's issue where he reveals he only recruited Warren for his bank account). I love the Krakoa era as a whole, but being a Warren fan is suffering.
    You forgot his big moment getting killed off panel in House of X. That should have been a sign.

I’m glad the Shadowcat alias is back, its an awesome name that never should have been abandoned in the first place. I don’t know how to feel about all of Kate’s hair being chopped off after we just got the textured curls back. I mean, Elektra his a big, luxurious mane and she does ninja stuff just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    It’s in character for him to be annoying about his sexuality. It’s the only thing that’s happened to him since the ice, and he won’t let you forget it.
    Yeah I was gonna say he would definitely be the type to be extra about it especially since he came out so late in life.

Destiny's Gala Look makes her look like an Ultraman villain.

"Shadowkat" feels too tryhard but I guess that's Kitty at this point. First she goes full pirate and now she goes full ninja. How many midlife crisis' can this woman go through? I mean, what suddenly she wants everybody to call her Kate and that means her old codename has to try to remind people of it? Even though it's pronounced the same? The full ninja look is also kind of generic for her. It's like Kitty's in a phase of constantly reinventing herself again. I guess at least the short hair isn't as bad as it was during the X-Men Gold era, but she looks better in curls (and it's not like she needs short hair to be a comic book ninja anyways).

Colossus leading X-Force? I mean, if Percy's still writing it, is that actually good for him?

Astronaut dude is dating wayyyyy above him it's not even funny.

I can sorta get it. Like ever since he came out, almost any time he's the focus of something, his sexuality is a major focus. They've also started throwing out gay terms and lingo. It makes sense why Bobby is more free about his sexuality, and ofc they'd want a modern gay character to feel authentic. But I can see why people might be turned off by the change in direction after having decades of something else, especially when a lot of his history is ignored. Though that last point applies to pretty much all Marvel characters at this point.

He's kinda in an awkward place, too. Bobby doesn't get enough focus, so you'd want to make the most of what you can do with him. Naturally, that means touching on his sexuality, which is a big part of his character and still has a lot of untapped potential. But it could get repetitive when things keep circling back to sexuality. A solo book will hopefully have more room to explore his character beyond limited confines, using Bobby's sexuality but also exploring multiple elements of his character. Vecchio's mini was so good at touching on multiple aspects of his character, while also having Bobby bang two (admittedly, mid) men.

I don't agree that saying "Gayborhood" is an issue, though. He's literally in a gayborhood, he's literally in L.A., and it came from a mini where Bobby did more than make gay-themed quips, reference Amazing Friends and show off a single feat of power. It makes complete sense for him to use it, and it's not the defining element of his character. But if you want something B A D, I refer to the time he said "Slay, kween." IIRC even Bobby seemed to think it was awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Shadowkat" feels too tryhard but I guess that's Kitty at this point. First she goes full pirate and now she goes full ninja. How many midlife crisis' can this woman go through? I mean, what suddenly she wants everybody to call her Kate and that means her old codename has to try to remind people of it? Even though it's pronounced the same? The full ninja look is also kind of generic for her. It's like Kitty's in a phase of constantly reinventing herself again. I guess at least the short hair isn't as bad as it was during the X-Men Gold era, but she looks better in curls (and it's not like she needs short hair to be a comic book ninja anyways).
    Didn't she also want to enter politics at some point in the Gold era, or did I just hallucinate that? This woman is a ninja pirate politician who changes names like she changes clothes.
    Last edited by Rift; 04-01-2023 at 03:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.