Page 19 of 161 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    We're definitely not reading the same books.
    I would be less angsty if some of those threats had been soundly dealt with and moved on. As it stands...

Sinister is still scheming...into April 2023
    Orchis is increasing their membership by the day.
    Who knows what the **** is going on in X-Force with Beast, but Peacock Man is still in the shadows.
    Then it was Zombie Celestial
    Now we have Mother Righteous and Brand being major twats.
    The only "question" that has been dealt with (and not really satisfactory) is Moira

That's why I like Duggan's Marauders and X-Men, Ayala's New Mutants and early Excalibur and Hellions because they weren't really heavily oppressed by the larger, darker threats.

I sort of miss the days where...A threat showed up, and was dealt with in three to four issues, the X-Men had some fun down-time, while the next baddie was in his lair gearing up. It's been years and Orchis and Sinister are still hovering and won't come to any significant resolution anytime soon.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-24-2022 at 12:20 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Things i want for "Fall of X"

1. Krakoa doesnt go anywhere. The who falls is Xavier
    2. The end of the Quiet Council and the first ever krakoan goverment with Emma Grace Frost as her President
    3.The "X-men" Team changes of "Couple protagonist" and Rogue and Gambit take over.
    4.The Trial of Moira X. Moira is "back" to her mutant self and taken to Krakoa for judgement.
    5. A "Unity" book for the X-ofice (Cap and Emma romance)
    6. The Wedding of the millenia the X-men and the Avengers gonna marry in Emma and Cap wedding.
    7. Migthy X men and Uncanny Avengers double flagship of the union (Emma and Cap lead Migthy X men) (Scarlet Witch and Polaris Uncanny Vengers)

Interesting… I’d actually like to see Rogue and Gambit on a revamped Uncanny X-men team, which kind of mirrors the old X-men Animated lineup… with some tweaks. Something like: Kitty Pryde, Wolverine (Logan), Beast*, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Wolverine (Laura), Bishop and Psylocke (Kwannon). End Marauders and X-Force to make room for it. All-star creative team.

Leave X-men, Immortal X-men and X-men Red alone.

*reformed
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post

2. The end of the Quiet Council and the first ever krakoan goverment with Emma Grace Frost as her President
    3.The "X-men" Team changes of "Couple protagonist" and Rogue and Gambit take over.
    4.The Trial of Moira X. Moira is "back" to her mutant self and taken to Krakoa for judgement.
    6. The Wedding of the millenia the X-men and the Avengers gonna marry in Emma and Cap wedding.
    7. Migthy X men and Uncanny Avengers double flagship of the union (Emma and Cap lead Migthy X men) (Scarlet Witch and Polaris Uncanny Vengers)
    1: Seems likely regardless of plot
    2: Probable, or at minimum Council seats being voted on by public.
    3: Fall of X begins right after the Hellfire Gala so I highly doubt they're gonna change the team up just a couple months after already doing a new one.
    4: IDK if the Moira stuff will be done. My guess is more likely Moira X dies and they reboot the character as being a good guy again somehow via protocols.
    5-7: my guess will be Uncanny Avengers will be written by Duggan, so that'll cover both of those

I just want more Danger in my X-books again, so my personal hope for Fall of X is all of the anti-AI bigots to get removed from power/exiled/killed off.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I would be less angsty if some of those threats had been soundly dealt with and moved on. As it stands...

Who knows what the **** is going on in X-Force with Beast, but Peacock Man is still in the shadows.
    The only "question" that has been dealt with (and not really satisfactory) is Moira

That's why I like Duggan's Marauders and X-Men, Ayala's New Mutants and early Excalibur and Hellions because they weren't really heavily oppressed by the larger, darker threats.

I sort of miss the days where...A threat showed up, and was dealt with in three to four issues, the X-Men had some fun down-time, while the next baddie was in his lair gearing up. It's been years and Orchis and Sinister are still hovering and won't come to any significant resolution anytime soon.
    Also relevant, the bad-guys really haven't accomplished squat, either. It's just a big zero sum game of Orchis and Xeno and the dude orbiting Mars and Nimrod and Omega Sentinel talking up their enormous peens, which they are apparently never going to use. Ooh, they've killed Domino, Quire and Wolverine a bunch. But none of that lasted more than a few hours. Ooh, public opinion has plummeted from 'hate and fear mutants' to 'still kinda hate and fear mutants.' What a tremendous nothing-burger.

Meanwhile, the mutants have Proteus, Wanda, Mercator and Jaime Braddock on hot standby, with power boosters like Cortez, Khora, Chance and Hope nearby to boost their reality manipulation (as if they even needed that!), totally able to say, "No More Orchis" or "No More Nimrod" the hot second either becomes a nuisance.

I agree and it's why I think "holding pattern" is a good term for where we are.

I very much love the Krakoa era and I'm enjoying most of the current books, but I'm ready for some big movement forward rather than facing the same foes still looming overhead. Hopefully SoS will wrap things up with Sinister once and for all (at least for the foreseeable future because he'll always return.)

Since most of the villains on the island aren't doing much anyway, I'm fine with the X-Office pulling the plug on the "unity" thing and having them betray Krakoa in a big ole war.
    Last edited by JB; 11-25-2022 at 08:22 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Agree with this. And if they want to do long form story telling they need to drop more nuggets to keep us interested.

They could have had certain teams taking down the Purifires or Sapien Leage or Friends of Humanty to satiate the whole humans suck story beats since they want ORCHIS to be the final big human bad of the Krakoa era.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I agree and it's why I think "holding pattern" is a good term for where we are.

I very much love the Krakoa era and I'm enjoying most of the current books, but I'm ready for some big movement forward rather than facing the same foes still looming overhead. Hopefully SoS will wrap things up with Sinister once and for all (at least for the foreseeable future because he'll always return.)

Since most of the villains on the island aren't doing much anyway, I'm fine with the X-Office pulling the plug on the "unity" thing and having them betray Krakoa in a big ole war.
    Same, Sibling. Same.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If this is about Xavier I hope it means he's no longer wearing the helmet all the timeq

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    If this is about Xavier I hope it means he's no longer wearing the helmet all the timeq
    Considering that Hope is now able to use Cerebro to resurrect mutants and Cerebro automatically backs up mutants, I don’t even get why he’s always wearing the damn thing. Sure it could boost his telepathy but it’s not like he ever seems to use that function so he’s just walking around looking disconnected from the world for no real reason.

It's a lewk. And I love it. (Without it, he's just an old generic bald White man)

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post

Didn't Emma once say that Captain America said she reminded him of his mother? I don't know if their marriage could last very long if that's still the case.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Didn't Emma once say that Captain America said she reminded him of his mother? I don't know if their marriage could last very long if that's still the case.
    Emma: Steve dear. Please fix that bike of yours. Getting you a residence permit was already a hassle, I don't want you thrown out for polluting the ecosystem.

Steve: Yes mo- I mean, ma'am.

BANNED

People are throwing stick at Xavier yet there is nothing left for him to be punished because he hasn't feature at all during Gillen's run lol