Page 15 of 161 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Why couldn’t the X-men possess some bigotry, too? They have never been without flaws…
    As has been pointed out by a large amount of the fanbase hating sabertooth and the idea that maybe he was in fact punished for something that if it was anyone else they would have been just forgiven. It’s difficult for some people to read a story about racism and minorities fighting for equality where some of the biggest obstacles are other members of that same group and that’s a discussion we need to have in these books too. Because that’s very real and you can see it in modern politics all the time

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    For some things. Racism and bigotry there is no grey area. PERIOD.
    Nobody is saying the racists need nuance. We are saying we need more villains like mikhial who says mutants are good krakoa is bad. That’s a far more interesting conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramega1 View Post
    The X-men are just more interesting fighting each other.
    No, the X-men rarely fought each other… The X-men often fought other mutants, yes… And why not? They needed worthy opponents, people with powers like themselves…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Incredible Member

But the most famous X-men stories are never actually about mutants fighting racists. It’s about mutants fighting themselves. I think the only story where it was racist vs X-men that has been consistently considered a classic was “god loves man kills”. The X-men are just more interesting fighting each other.
    There are many self hating racists who are part of a group and yet still bigoted against the group, and this is in real life. Kayne West is good example. Therefore why can't there be self hating bigotry in the X-Men.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    There are many self hating racists who are part of a group and yet still bigoted against the group, and this is in real life. Kayne West is good example. Therefore why can't there be self hating bigotry in the X-Men.
    I agree with this but honestly we don’t even need to go there far. Magneto and apocalypse and mr sinister are more interesting villains than random racists. It’s just more fun.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    No, the X-men rarely fought each other… The X-men often fought other mutants, yes… And why not? They needed worthy opponents, people with powers like themselves…
    Being that all previous villains are now X-men I find the terms mutants and X-men pretty meaningless at this point. When you have nova and apocalypse as heroes your status quo has gone off the rails

You want Fall of X!? I'll give you Fall of X!!!:

Being that all previous villains are now X-men I find the terms mutants and X-men pretty meaningless at this point. When you have nova and apocalypse as heroes your status quo has gone off the rails
    No previous villain is currently an X-Man, Nova isn't a hero and Apocalypse isn't even in this dimension, but go off.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post

What comic is this?
    I need to see the fallout

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The font and art makes me think Ultimate X-Men.

I'm reminded of the scene in Dark Phoenix where Jean forces Xavier to walk up the stairs and it's clearly meant to be horrifying but it just looks hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    What comic is this?
    I'm sorry, I don't know, it's from Ultimate X-Men though. With the lamest incarnation of Mr Sinister ever I think.

It was really quite weird as Sinister ended up becoming Apocalypse, if memory serves, and he tore Wolverine’s arm off and slashed his face with it while somehow turning off his healing factor. And then Ultimate Cable showed up and he was that Wolverine from the future. Like I said, weird.

They basically made Sinister and Apocalypse the same character, with Sinister just being his more benign form; and they also made Cable and Logan the same person. Which I suppose kind of fits since Liefeld admittedly created Cable with the intention of adding “another Wolverine to the X-books” at the time. Meaning “ex-soldier, man of mystery” type.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    What comic is this?
    Need to see the fallout is right! He’s still in his chair in that panel. I actually need to see him fallout of it.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post

Douchbag Sinister

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Douchbag Sinister
    If you think that made him a jerk, keep in mind that before that act, he went around killing 4 other mutants with 3 implied to be ultimate versions of Marrow, Synch and Maggott.