Page 61 of 161 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a belated Aprils Fools or a photomanip or what, but if true... I'm very ready for Monica to join the X-fam!
    Hmm... I was thinking about this in the Cable Appreciation thread, and lamenting the fact that unfortunately it doesn't sound like anyone has plans for Cable in the upcoming Fall of X story. At least not yet. I suppose it's possible he shows up in Duggan's X-men, as part of the roster shakeup there. Would love to see him back in Duggan's hands, as he wrote an awesome adult Cable in his Uncanny Avengers run.

But then it dawned on me... could be he in this new Alpha Flight? I mean, the last version of Alpha Flight was a space-based response unit, and Nathan is currently an Agent of S.W.O.R.D. So I suppose that's a possibility. If so, it would make sense for Monica Rambeau to be there too with him. If that's the concept, consider me onboard!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I hope this is an indication that the X books are finally following through on Hickman’s roadmap for what he planned, or some approximation of it.

I know I am in the minority on this, but I seriously dislike the Krakoan era since Hickman left.
    I feel like it's gotten a bit stale, so am looking forward to this shakeup. Having said that, nothing announced yesterday sees me buying anything I wasn't already buying. In fact, with Ewing sidelining Cable I'm dropping that one for awhile and also dropping Immortal as I've just lost interest in it. No interest in this Uncanny Avengers team either. So right now I'm only buying...

- X-men
    - X-Force
    - Wolverine

Now, we still have to see what new titles like Alpha Flight, Children of the Vault, Dark X-men and Realm of X have to offer. I'll be anxiously awaiting more info on the lineups and creative teams for those. So could pick up an additional title or two depending.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    LOL that was a fan edit made in this forum for April's fool.
    All of it was an April Fool’s, or just the addition of Monica?

Spectacular Member

I hope this is an indication that the X books are finally following through on Hickman’s roadmap for what he planned, or some approximation of it.

I know I am in the minority on this, but I seriously dislike the Krakoan era since Hickman left.
    I am also ready for the overarching storyline to move on to a new status quo. The line has gotten too comfortable where it is; it's a bit repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Regardless of what happens with this book I agree so much on the Tim Drake solo thing. I was SO excited for that book and could not stick with the art.
    Issue #7 was a one-shot with Sergio Acuna on pencils, and it was a clear improvement - I wonder why he wasn't there from the beginning. I wouldn't mind someone like Acuna for Iceman's solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruska_Veri View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you. Iceman being gay made sense, there was so much to back it up in cannon. What they've been doing is way over the top. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean every single thing revolves around it.

There's some really good plot lines that could be picked up again or new ones to strengthen the character, instead we get stereotypes and cliches. They've tuned him into a cheap gimmick instead of the complex character he used to be.
    I wouldn't have phrased it like this, but I don't dismiss it.

I think the issue is that, maybe because he's often the only major male gay character on the team, certain writers feel compelled to write him as an avatar for all gay men - which is, of course, impossible. Gay individuals differ from each other just as much as anyone else. Bobby is gay, but that's just one facet of his character - he's still the dorky clown we've always known, and his sexuality should complement that, not overwrite it.

All of it was an April Fool’s, or just the addition of Monica?
    Monica's inclusion.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hmm... I was thinking about this in the Cable Appreciation thread, and lamenting the fact that unfortunately it doesn't sound like anyone has plans for Cable in the upcoming Fall of X story. At least not yet. I suppose it's possible he shows up in Duggan's X-men, as part of the roster shakeup there. Would love to see him back in Duggan's hands, as he wrote an awesome adult Cable in his Uncanny Avengers run.

But then it dawned on me... could be he in this new Alpha Flight? I mean, the last version of Alpha Flight was a space-based response unit, and Nathan is currently an Agent of S.W.O.R.D. So I suppose that's a possibility. If so, it would make sense for Monica Rambeau to be there too with him. If that's the concept, consider me onboard!
    I like the sound of all this. Give me a good creative team and I'm on board!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Monica's inclusion.
    Thank you for the information! I appreciate it.

I still find it hilarious that Blob is on here, I wonder if that means we can expect him on one of these books. He's pretty much been the one and only bartender of the krakoa era this year so I'm interested to see why he leaves his "job", if he does
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I still find it hilarious that Blob is on here, I wonder if that means we can expect him on one of these books. He's pretty much been the one and only bartender of the krakoa era this year so I'm interested to see why he leaves his "job", if he does
    I think that's Wilson Fisk, though I want him on a book as well.

Late to the party but...

ShadowKat with a K?! Ghost-riderized Logan?!

The 90s are so back lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Late to the party but...

The 90s are so back lmao
    Or at least the late 80s. And I consider that a great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Late to the party but...

The 90s are so back lmao
    And don't forget, everyone is turning into a mutant! Kamala, Monica, Spider-Man, Iron Man, they're all mutants and it's 1992 all over again LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GokaiBlack077 View Post
    I also thought of the Kingpin, Hitch drew him way too lean to be the Blob. I love how Wilson has been enjoying retirement on Krakoa in his shorts and sandals.

Quote Originally Posted by GokaiBlack077 View Post
    my gosh how did i forget that Fisk was on Krakoa, that makes so much more sense than Blob
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Thank you for the information! I appreciate it.
    It occurs to me, if the news about Monica is legit, she could have a place on the uncanny avengers team.