Page 67 of 161 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2407

Thread: Fall of X

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    It's really weird that Monet is standing there as Penance, while the twins are standing there as Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    It's really weird that Monet is standing there as Penance, while the twins are standing there as Monet.
    She's a great character, but her history is a headache yea. I agree with the earlier conversations saying at times other media is able to "smooth" over some of the convoluted mistakes 616 continuity has allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    That was after the separation, though. Monet is Monet and Penance is the twins.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Interestingly, Bleeding Cool has removed two of the three scoops from their article. Now it only says "Astonishing Iceman will written by Steve Foxe."
    This is very interesting. It also likely increases the chances that Steve Fox is indeed writing Iceman, otherwise that would have been removed as well.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Apparently not anymore as Monet is now Monet AND Penance. I prefer them as separate characters. Loved Penance/Hollow
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ah, sorry about that. I thought the original post said it was the twins as Monet.

What exactly is the story behind Monet and Penance? I'm reading Generation X for the first time but I haven't reached the explanation of what's going on there yet.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    What exactly is the story behind Monet and Penance? I'm reading Generation X for the first time but I haven't reached the explanation of what's going on there yet.
    Continue reading, it's one of the big mysteries in Lobdell's run.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The lineup is... interesting. Not sure much of it appeals to me, but there's still a lot left to be reveled in terms of rosters and creatives.

Very happy that Kate is reclaiming the Shadowkat codename. Hate that it went away. It's so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    TBH I am firmly convinced it was never really planed out...
    Monet EMplate and a set of twins are all siblings. Money's power was some variant on being a kryptonian or being perfect. The twins could merge and take on other forms like a shape shifter and Emplate was a psychic vampire.

Emplate kidnapped Monet and fed on her and something caused the penance skin (I think at first this was a defense by monet but later something Emplate did to imprison her) and she was his feeding slave... and the twins merged and looked like Monet to impersonate her and was the Monet 'M' on Gen X at the start... even though they early rescue Penance and never mention it.

WHen Monet 'm' is rescued finally the twins form togather to make a penance to... you know what I can't keep going this makes longshot and cable look easy
    Last edited by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell; 04-04-2023 at 06:07 AM.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    TBH I am firmly convinced it was never really planed out...
    Monet EMplate and a set of twins are all siblings. Money's power was some variant on being a kryptonian or being perfect. The twins could merge and take on other forms like a shape shifter and Emplate was a psychic vampire.

Emplate kidnapped Monet and fed on her and something caused the penance skin (I think at first this was a defense by monet but later something Emplate did to imprison her) and she was his feeding slave... and the twins merged and looked like Monet to impersonate her and was the Monet 'M' on Gen X at the start... even though they early rescue Penance and never mention it.

WHen Monet 'm' is rescued finally the twins form togather to make a penance to... you know what I can't keep going this makes longshot and cable look easy
    It was not planned out. Monet was always supposed to be twins merged together since her creation.
    Penance was supposed to be someone else completely. But editorial wanted M back, so Hama had to come up with all the convolutions.

It was not planned out. Monet was always supposed to be twins merged together since her creation.
    Penance was supposed to be someone else completely. But editorial wanted M back, so Hama had to come up with all the convolutions.
    I actually would have liked that better
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Never let it be said that BC isn't at least committed to pretending they have their finger on the pulse of factual comic book spoilers.
    Take this with the biggest grain of salt you can find... spoilers:
    Rich from Bleeding Cool, in response to people noting that Realm of X being Betsy's book has been removed from the article, now says that Realm is an "Asgardian book."
    end of spoilers

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL. That shit will stay unseasoned and tasteless...I'm not even wasting by table salt on that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Take this with the biggest grain of salt you can find... spoilers:
    Rich from Bleeding Cool, in response to people noting that Realm of X being Betsy's book has been removed from the article, now says that Realm is an "Asgardian book."
    end of spoilers

that sounds absolutely ridiculous
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer