Page 37 of 161 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Wow that feels so long ago. That was an exciting announcement so it's cool that you got to experience it live!

I had to look up Murd Blurdock and though I didn't recognize the name I'm pretty sure I've seen that face before.
    Right on!

He popped up in Hickman's New Mutants, issue 2 I think. Also was a player in the criminally-underread Ewing's Rocket Raccoon mini

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    haven't read a x-men book in a while, looking forward to jumping back in with this, I do hope it's not a super gloom and doom storyline

anyways the four preceding one shots sound intriguing
    The current Sins of Sinister crossover is halfway done and ends with April's Sins of Sinister: Dominion #1. After that it may be worth checking out the core X-Men titles for the two months before the Hellfire Gala, along with the one-shots. It's this brief window between May and July that will set everything up.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I sincerely doubt we are seeing the end of the Krakoa era but i would hope they do get rid of two things, Resurrection (which they might given that it was how Sinister ruined the universe if the ongoing event is anything to go by) and the current QC (and i mean ALL of them, not just the villain but the heroes as well.) because they have drop the ball way to many times.

has someone listened to the interview CB Cebulski did with "This Week in Marvel" ? Around the 38min mark he spoke about Mystique and a new storyline that is being developed by Si Spurrier that goes back to her origins and will apparently bring a lot of buzz, "it'll have big implications for her, Destiny, and a lot of different other X-Men" around the end of Fall of X. Something that hasn't been explored before from her origins will be explored. This basically confirming that Si is not leaving the x-office and in some capacity will be writing books for Marvel, whether that be on an ongoing or not that's up in the air.

He also says the scene in House of X #3, where Nightcrawler sacrifices himself on the orchis ship will be referenced again.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 03-20-2023 at 03:36 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

We know Orchis has Nightcrawler's body, so it was only a matter of time before they did something with that. But the Mystique stuff is new; maybe they'll use this opportunity to connect her back to Hellion and flesh out his lore. It would really elevate both of their characters if she was like his grandpa or something. Or maybe she's his previously-unseen older brother, James.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    has someone listened to the interview CB Cebulski did with "This Week in Marvel" ? Around the 38min mark he spoke about Mystique and a new storyline that is being developed by Si Spurrier that goes back to her origins and will apparently bring a lot of buzz, "it'll have big implications for her, Destiny, and a lot of different other X-Men" around the end of Fall of X. Something that hasn't been explored before from her origins will be explored. This basically confirming that Si is not leaving the x-office and in some capacity will be writing books for Marvel, whether that be on an ongoing or not that's up in the air.

He also says the scene in House of X #3, where Nightcrawler sacrifices himself on the orchis ship will be referenced again.
    Very interesting, I'm not the biggest fan of Spurrier's work on the recent X-titles but I do like him as a writer in general... hopefully the third time will be the charm LOL. I guess this could be the LGBT-starring X-title launching in the Summer hinted at in the Marvel Pride solicit?

Extraordinary Member

I hope they don't do anything to major with Mystique because she just needs to be a mystery and I do not feel there is any benefit at this point of retcons just to cause an effect in the current books. That has become overdone. If is Spurrier maybe it has more to do with Nightcrawler and that period of her life.

EDIT: Actually my guess would be that it would tie in with whatever Mother Righteous was doing back then.

As for Nightcrawler there was no body left in House of X #4. Did some issue show Orchis with one?
    Last edited by cranger; 03-20-2023 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

huge big retcon incoming?! It always makes me nervous when the go back to the origin of the character and explore something that hasn't been explored yet. lol I also do not want them to ruin the perfect relationship of Mystique and Destiny!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Very interesting, I'm not the biggest fan of Spurrier's work on the recent X-titles but I do like him as a writer in general... hopefully the third time will be the charm LOL. I guess this could be the LGBT-starring X-title launching in the Summer hinted at in the Marvel Pride solicit?
    The story was just approved too so it could be for that book or another one completely
    She's A Lifebringer

I just listened to that part of the podcast and yup CB said, "Si has been doing some very fun things with them as well [Mystique and Destiny] and we just, just, just approved a storyline I think that will be one of THE big buzz books at the end of this year... Si, who has been a fan of Mystique forever, and has gone back and has identified something that has never really been explored before... has big, big implications for her, for Destiny, and for a lot of the other X-Men that's gonna be playing out at the end of Fall of X, at the end of this year."

Very interesting. I wonder if he's switching gears or if he'll continue writing Kurt and this Mystique story will connect.

I just listened to that part of the podcast and yup CB said, "Si has been doing some very fun things with them as well [Mystique and Destiny] and we just, just, just approved a storyline I think that will be one of THE big buzz books at the end of this year... Si, who has been a fan of Mystique forever, and has gone back and has identified something that has never really been explored before... has big, big implications for her, for Destiny, and for a lot of the other X-Men that's gonna be playing out at the end of Fall of X, at the end of this year."

Very interesting. I wonder if he's switching gears or if he'll continue writing Kurt and this Mystique story will connect.
    Im not familiar enough with Mystique to try and theorize what unexplored part of her origin Si could be talking about…guess I’ll just have to wait and see
    She's A Lifebringer

I predict it will be a Sherlock Holmes book set in the early 1900s.

I just noticed that Foxe corrected a tweet by CBR.

https://twitter.com/steve_foxe/statu...61092444495882
    "Quick correction: the solicit doesn’t say the new X-series is from Rosi & me, only this particular tale!

SUPER stoked to be working together on Gimmick’s story, but you’ll have to wait a bit to find out the next X-citing details spinning out of the Pride short…!"

So Foxe's story about Gimmick is setting up another book. Interestingly, Gimmick is a shapeshifter like Mystique. The plot thickens.

I just noticed that Foxe corrected a tweet by CBR.

https://twitter.com/steve_foxe/statu...61092444495882
    "Quick correction: the solicit doesn’t say the new X-series is from Rosi & me, only this particular tale!

SUPER stoked to be working together on Gimmick’s story, but you’ll have to wait a bit to find out the next X-citing details spinning out of the Pride short…!"

So Foxe's story about Gimmick is setting up another book. Interestingly, Gimmick is a shapeshifter like Mystique. The plot thickens.
    I think what he means is that he's writing but he's going to be paired with another artist, or at least that's how I'm reading it.

I enjoyed Foxe's House of XCII so I'm really curious to find out what he's cooking here...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think what he means is that he's writing but he's going to be paired with another artist, or at least that's how I'm reading it.

I enjoyed Foxe's House of XCII so I'm really curious to find out what he's cooking here...
    Ah yes that makes sense, I believe you’re right. He seems to have a great handle on continuity and how to use it effectively. Really enjoyed his Firestar issue.