Page 38 of 161 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

After all they've done I could see Mystique and Destiny giving up their QC seats and going off to do their own thing. And Raven is a good and popular choice to headline a new title (long-form or LS) if they want to capitalise on the LGBTQ/diversity.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    ... As for Nightcrawler there was no body left in House of X #4. Did some issue show Orchis with one?
    It was @the end of 'Way of X,' I think, that they acquired his corpse. He died after being boosted by Cortez, in order to prevent the Mars (Arakko) moon Phobos, from crashing into the planet. The effort of teleporting it repeatedly back into its natural orbit, pretty much burned him out, literally.

I wouldn't be mad if Fall of X involves an internal QC Schism post SoS where they finally realise their attempts at harmony failed and only brought them closer to the end they were trying to avoid...with some members abdicating their seats. Leaving Xavier and the ones who stay on in a very vulnerable position for Orchis to make their move.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The more I see that there are still titles like Uncanny Avengers being announced the more I feel like this is a shcke up that will keep us on Krakoa... and I am all for it.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Extraordinary Member

With Sinister and Apocalypse off the QC it is at least closer to something where even the 'villains' have had legitimacy at some point (some of them even working for the US government or SHIELD). While I am not sure there is not room for some division on Krakoa I think the Fall of X will see more threats in the form of Sinister (new and old) and Apocalypse (and Arakko), alongside Orchis and Mikhail Rasputin. Uncanny Avengers may introduce a new threat and I am starting to think whatever Kitty does in Marauders is going to come back to threaten the current mutant way of life. We may see more development of mutants who have not moved to or stayed on Krakoa.

I am curious if Percy is continuing on his books. If feels like he could be wrapping up the big story for them. That could make room for a change in the X-Force concept and a new mission for Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wouldn't be mad if Fall of X involves an internal QC Schism post SoS where they finally realise their attempts at harmony failed and only brought them closer to the end they were trying to avoid...with some members abdicating their seats. Leaving Xavier and the ones who stay on in a very vulnerable position for Orchis to make their move.
    I like this and I'd be down for it too. The marketing for FoX tells us that "the foundation of Krakoa begins to crack" so let's see that internal strife.

Another thing I'm really hoping for is for some real downtime for the mutants, some time to catch their breath. If the Gala is going to be as disastrous and the Fall as dark as they sound, I'd love for some quieter character moments and interactions before the fan is hit with the shiz.
    X-Men Red looks extremely promising with that upcoming hot tub scene with Sunspot, Nova, and Kobak. Storm starting a new romance and possibly going on a date sounds great. I'd love for the X-Men to defeat Nightmare/fix the Brood issue and then chill at the Treehouse. Bobby and Angelica catching up during a walk through Central Park. Ev and Laura exploring the city. Scott can check in on Alex at the Limbo embassy.

We can still see Orchis and the other villains getting their plans in order and all that, but give us some wholesome mutant family vibes from May to July until everything goes left.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I can't possibly imagine the Council looking at the events of Sins of Sinister and thinking "this is proof the humans can't coexist with us" if it gets revealed to the world. Maybe the villain members but I can't see the X-Men ones just giving up on the dream (again) over what will almost certainly be public backlash against the Councils dirty secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I like this and I'd be down for it too. The marketing for FoX tells us that "the foundation of Krakoa begins to crack" so let's see that internal strife.

Another thing I'm really hoping for is for some real downtime for the mutants, some time to catch their breath. If the Gala is going to be as disastrous and the Fall as dark as they sound, I'd love for some quieter character moments and interactions before the fan is hit with the shiz.
    X-Men Red looks extremely promising with that upcoming hot tub scene with Sunspot, Nova, and Kobak. Storm starting a new romance and possibly going on a date sounds great. I'd love for the X-Men to defeat Nightmare/fix the Brood issue and then chill at the Treehouse. Bobby and Angelica catching up during a walk through Central Park. Ev and Laura exploring the city. Scott can check in on Alex at the Limbo embassy.

We can still see Orchis and the other villains getting their plans in order and all that, but give us some wholesome mutant family vibes from May to July until everything goes left.
    Exactatiously. A calm before the shiz-storm will also give us readers time for a mental breath before we are launched scratching and screaming into greater mayhem and misery.

Mystique is the only mutant whose life and childhood have not been known since she existed, it will be interesting to see what if Spurrier will do with her.
    Since the beginning of krakoa we can't say that mutants have had time to breathe with all these extinction events...

Kelly Thompson's Captain Marvel run is concluding with June's issue #50.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/03/21/ke...ends-issue-50/

First of all, congrats to Thompson on such an accomplishment. I've enjoyed the Brood arc very much as it seems many others have as well.

Now, I've seen it said that she said she was writing a team book next. Does anyone know when/where she said that? If that's true, it seems like a really big coincidence for her to end her CM run with a half dozen issue arc guest-starring 5 big X-characters. Could it be possible that she's coming back to the X-office?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Where did it get stated Hickman left over pay disputes? I always heard it was because the writers and editors wouldn’t let him proceed with his story and wanted to stick around the middle much longer than he intended
    Yes, hickman himself stated that he wanted to move on to the next phase whereas marvel/other writers wanted to stay in the krakoa status quo.

If there were any other reasons like pay I’m not sure it’s official… more speculative.

What’s interesting is some folks saying hickman should still be around also are saying they love the status quo. If he were still around, he’s have moved on (per his own words). Not saying krakoa wouldn’t exist but things would be much different if it was enough for him to part ways.

For the record I’m happy for those who’ve enjoyed krakoa, but I haven’t read since hickman started. I’m not cheering for things to change as I’m glad people are enjoying the books.. but I certainly won’t shed a tear.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Extraordinary Member

First of all, congrats to Thompson on such an accomplishment. I've enjoyed the Brood arc very much as it seems many others have as well.

Now, I've seen it said that she said she was writing a team book next. Does anyone know when/where she said that? If that's true, it seems like a really big coincidence for her to end her CM run with a half dozen issue arc guest-starring 5 big X-characters. Could it be possible that she's coming back to the X-office?
    I can't shake the feeling that Percy will be done with X-Force and I keep looking at every name that pops up as a replacement.

Looks like that team book she talked about is not in marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Where did it get stated Hickman left over pay disputes? I always heard it was because the writers and editors wouldn’t let him proceed with his story and wanted to stick around the middle much longer than he intended
    In his Off Panel interview about Inferno, he basically says that the amount he expects to make on Marvel projects requires him basically to be writing event-level comics so that's what he was transitioning to. Not pay "disputes", but clearly pay related. That was combined with him focusing more on Substack and the unique moneymaking opportunities for Indie work that venture had.

I've never seen a single source that says anyone wouldn't "let" him proceed with anything. It seems more that he said "ok, I can write something to bring the climax of Krakoa forward, but I've asked my collaborators and they're interested in exploring this more, I can't afford to stay on much longer so I'm going to leave them with a status quo where they can still write in Krakoa".

If anyone has a source - not a conspiracy theory - that can prove my interpretation wrong I've been waiting to see it for a year and a half.

I still think they should bring Hickmann back at one point to finish his storyline or write a new ending for it...We need an ending for this era that has the same level of quality that House of X had.

Then they can bring Grant Morrison back to develop a completely new status-quo for the X-Men comics right afterwards. Marc Silvestri and Frank Quitely will draw the book that will run for 5 years.

*and I die happily!
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-21-2023 at 01:40 PM.