Page 90 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2407

Thread: Fall of X

That page from Inferno lives rent free in my mind. Ewing writing the book would be great and perhaps the Children try to target Arakko and bring them face to face with the A family.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm a little late, but I've been left cold by the announcements for Realm of X, Astonishing Iceman and Dark X-Men. I didn't expect to have much interest in the first two, but I'm particularly disappointed in the latter because I hoped to be excited for it. Unfortunately, pretty much everything about it hits the wrong beat for me. I don't like Maddie and Havok's relationship; I don't like how Havok has been portrayed over the last several years and this doesn't look like it's going to take him in a new direction; Gambit's presence doesn't give confidence that he'll start acting in-character again; in my mind, Azazel should be completely forgotten; Emplate working on a team like this seems nonsensical (albeit par for the course in this era)...I could go on.

Here's hoping this week's announcements are more promising!
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Yeah, of the three I'm only checking out Dark X-men. And in terms of the other X-line books, I'm down to just X-men and Wolverine now. Hoping there's better news this week... or at least news/announcements more tailored to my likes, I should say. To each their own.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I hope we get RB Silva and Carmen Carnero as part of the FoX line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, of the three I'm only checking out Dark X-men. And in terms of the other X-line books, I'm down to just X-men and Wolverine now. Hoping there's better news this week... or at least news/announcements more tailored to my likes, I should say. To each their own.
    I’ve been tempted to give Wolverine another go because I miss reading Logan in a current book. Maybe I’ll revisit its earlier issues on Marvel Unlimited.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I hope we get RB Silva and Carmen Carnero as part of the FoX line up.
    That would be phenomenal!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I’ve been tempted to give Wolverine another go because I miss reading Logan in a current book. Maybe I’ll revisit its earlier issues on Marvel Unlimited.
    Yeah, while it's no picnic for Hank fans, this current arc with Beast where he's just gone full on "ends justifies the means" bad guy has been entertaining. And I've really enjoyed the artwork from Juan Jose Ryp. Next up we have an August four-part crossover with Ghost Rider called 'Weapons of Vengeance' involving Weapon Plus having an offshoot program that's basically using "the instruments of hell" and dipping into the occult to create super soldiers. So naturally Wolverine and Ghost Rider get involved, and there's some flashback to their first meeting. That sounds pretty cool to me too, plus it's got this Geoff Shaw guy on art whose work looks pretty stellar from what I've seen. After that? Nobody knows, but it looks like Greg Capullo is coming over to Marvel to draw Wolverine next.

So Logan fans are getting an absolute feast when it comes to artists! This makes up for Percy's work being a bit slow and meandering at times. At least IMO.

Any idea when we’ll be getting the next wave of announcements?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Any idea when we’ll be getting the next wave of announcements?
    Most likely before AIPT's call for questions deadline which is Thursday at 5pm eastern I think. They have fields to submit questions for the titles we haven't learned about yet so I'm assuming we'll get details before the cut off.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Last week’s reveals came on Friday, so it’s possible it’s this Friday. Hoping it’s Thursday though. Or sooner!

I just want Serafina to have a big role in Fall of X (bring back Cannonball too!!)

She sure had the best lines:

How come the NEO never got their just due? Felt like their story got cut short.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Not sure if this has been posted but we got more info on Immortal X-Men and X-Men Red in Fall of X.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=209390392

X-MEN RED #14
    Written by AL EWING
    Art by YILDIRAY ÇINAR
    Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
    On Sale 8/16

In X-MEN RED #14, Ewing is joined by new series artist Yildiray Çinar. As the Brotherhood reels from the cataclysmic events of the Hellfire Gala, Genesis takes advantage of the chaos — and declares war! Two vast mutant armies clash, and Arakko’s idols fall…but this is only the beginning of a conflict that will remake the Red Planet. And whatever happened to Isca the Unbeaten?

IMMORTAL X-MEN #14
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by LUCAS WERNECK
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    On Sale 8/9

TO ME, MY NO ONE. In IMMORTAL X-MEN #14, witness the X-Men’s founder at his lowest. Xavier had a dream. Now he has nothing. He fell. He fell furthest

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    How come the NEO never got their just due? Felt like their story got cut short.
    Because their introduction was very poorly received and Marvel brought in Morrison to change the books' direction very quickly

FALL OF X checklist so far:

X-MEN HELLFIRE GALA 2023: 7/26
    ASTONISHING ICEMAN #1: 8/2
    IMMORTAL X-MEN #14: 8/9
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #1 8/16
    DARK X-MEN #1: 8/16
    X-MEN RED #14: 8/16
    REALM OF X #1: 8/23