Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

i doubt this is the end of krakoa, the x-office didn't say that their plans for the current status quo were until 2024? I think it was announced a few months ago

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If it were ending 2024 winding down would start in 2023

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I am not ready for the Krakoa era to end. But my main concern is that Marvel will regress the X-Men the way they regressed Spider-Man in the recent comics. They keep having Peter Parker make big strides in his life, only to go back to living on his Aunt's couch. The X-Men ae different. They've gone through all sorts of upheavals and eras. But if Krakoa ends the same way as Genosha, then what was the point? That's just insanity, the same effort for the same result. I would like to see something different play out. I always expected something to really shake up with Krakoa in the end. But I just don't want to see everything go back to the way things were before.
    Even though i don't like the current status quo, that's my concern aswell. Because frankly the last 17 years of X-men comics were painfull to follow in it's overall trend, even when there were still some stand out and interesting series written.

Infact i feel everything starting with Morrison just ruined the overall tone of the X-men and made everything so damn bleak that one could just wish for the whole thing to be put out of it's missery.

What i'd like to see would be for them to hit the reset button so hard, that the X-verse got placed back right before the start of Morrison's run, have all it's events changed starting with the destruction of Genosha and then jump 5 years into a present day, where things have become much more stable for mutants, albeit still dangerous and in need of fighting for.

An optimistic struggle will always be better for story telling, especialy in super hero comics, than a constant bleakness that just makes reader questions why they should still care about anything.

Especialy if they actualy put a competent editor in charge and pick writers that can deliver well written stories with longterm potential.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    If it were ending 2024 winding down would start in 2023
    if I remember correctly they said they had plans until 2024 for the moment but I don't think they were talking about the end of the status quo, I would have to find the news or they talk about it

If they really are placing limits on the protocols, I guess a new status quo was due.
    I'm totally here for this.

Perhaps it's the end of Krakoa "as we know it", a united mutantdom. Maybe all of that finally breaks and the heroes have to take the villains out. No resurrections for you.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Perhaps it's the end of Krakoa "as we know it", a united mutantdom. Maybe all of that finally breaks and the heroes have to take the villains out. No resurrections for you.
    My guess is something more like this. And the QC being dissolved.

FOX?

We are in trouble…

Well, we all felt like it would end at some point....maybe it will be Summer 2023....and maybe not....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’ll reserve judgment until I know more.
    The Progenitor to Ajak:

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

My guess is something more like this. And the QC being dissolved.
    Or a "Tyrant Takes The Helm" storyline where the X-Men get forced out of Krakoa.

Spectacular Member

If I am not mistaken in September 2023 it will be the x-men’s 60th birthday ! This event should be a big one !

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Or a "Tyrant Takes The Helm" storyline where the X-Men get forced out of Krakoa.
    It seems that's basically what Sins of Sinister is, so it'd be weird to do that as an AU and then just do it again months later

I wish Hickman had gotten to tell this story instead of worse writers playing around in Krakoa not doing anything. Shame

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    The Progenitor to Ajak:
    Haha that's good.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not giving this any of my time or energy.
    1: Because I'm just ready to accept a Fall.
    2: It's too far away and I have to get through too much crap before I get there.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!