Page 23 of 161 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

Fall of X definitely is shaping up to be a direct conflict between Orchis and Krakoa, and with the now-added sentinels to the mix I'm hoping and praying Krakoa doesn't meet the same fate as Genosha

also, if the rumors of and Uncanny Avengers team are true looks like Krakoa may be able to count on the Avengers to help them with conflict with Orchis
    Last edited by Diammandis; 12-21-2022 at 11:10 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You get excited?
    Touché.
    Haven't really been excited for major X-events, status quos or even core books in quite a while. Cherry picking the good bits feels like a necessity in order to not get burned out from the franchise and it's decades of mishandling.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Touché.
    Haven't really been excited for major X-events, status quos or even core books in quite a while. Cherry picking the good bits feels like a necessity in order to not get burned out from the franchise and it's decades of mishandling.
    That's fair. Hopefully the franchise will surprise you sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Fall of X definitely is shaping up to be a direct conflict between Orchis and Krakoa, and with the now-added sentinels to the mix I'm hoping and praying Krakoa doesn't meet the same fate as Genosha

also, if the rumors of and Uncanny Avengers team are true looks like Krakoa may be able to count on the Avengers to help them with conflict with Orchis
    Which also tracks with what Duggan said about Stark becoming one of mutantkinds' staunchest allies. Seems more and more that the two (Avengers and mutants) are coming together.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

"Fans can witness the impending might of the Stark Sentinels in this year’s FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2023: AVENGERS/X-MEN #1 on May 6. In the meantime, check out Juan Frigeri’s design sheet and stay tuned for more new about INVINCIBLE IRON MAN!"

I don't know if this has been officially mentioned but Cassara confirmed that he's drawing the X-Men portion of the story while Duggan is writing it.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I love how Duggan has basically turned Iron Man into an X-book.

So on the one hand, Iron Man Sentinels, but I guess it's building up to Tony being a bigger Mutant Ally so I guess that evens out on a board that seems to generally dislike Iron Man?

Although now this makes me think, do we need an X-Writer writing another character into being more of an Ally rather than just assuming they are because we don't get as much on-panel?

Also is this why it feels like Duggan is just hitting all the typical story beats for an Iron Man run because he's just viewing it as extension of his X-Men stuff?

Fantastic Member

for me Iron man has been pretty mid since Fraction's run, with a few jumps of goodness here and there. Thus I find myself alright with this direction, where I might not have been a few years ago.

In the greater scope, even if a new iteration of the Xavier school is coming down the line, I hope there is still room in the universe for a Krakoa and even an Arakko. Then at least if an older status quo is reverted to there will be some fun additions with it. It would be unfortunate were it to go the way of Genosha or what I consider the worst, New Tian which lasted like a summer lol

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm so done with the whole Mutants go to War shit...over and over and over again. Now it's Stark and his crap subverted by Feilong. These shitbags need to be put down hard and once and for all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm so done with the whole Mutants go to War shit...over and over and over again. Now it's Stark and his crap subverted by Feilong. These shitbags need to be put down hard and once and for all.
    Amen. Let's see an all-out and conclusive slugfest with Orchis. Make it grand and make it final.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Amen. Let's see an all-out and conclusive slugfest with Orchis. Make it grand and make it final.
    Maybe we need Cyclops's X-Force again they always got the job done. Its gotta be done, this is getting troubled times for Mutants.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...d-upcoming-war

Look forward Feilong building new sentinels to attack the mutant nation of Krakoa in next years x-event Fall of X

The tease of Emma appearing in this series now makes sense, if it is to believed that Tony will become an ally of the xmen once the events of Fall of X commence

So, what I took from this is that the Avengers and X-Men vs Orchis.

I REALLY hope Tony BUST Feilong right in his mouth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So on the one hand, Iron Man Sentinels, but I guess it's building up to Tony being a bigger Mutant Ally so I guess that evens out on a board that seems to generally dislike Iron Man?

Although now this makes me think, do we need an X-Writer writing another character into being more of an Ally rather than just assuming they are because we don't get as much on-panel?

Also is this why it feels like Duggan is just hitting all the typical story beats for an Iron Man run because he's just viewing it as extension of his X-Men stuff?
    I mean, to be fair, part of the reason I don't like Iron Man is because its never been touched on that Stark Industries actively supplied tech to the O.N.E. Sentinels back in the days of the 198 and the Superhero Registration Act. Nominally those Sentinels were there to 'protect' mutants, but that never changed the fact that they never asked mutants if they wanted that, didn't attempt to work with them, and used intimidation tactics to keep the 198 on the Xavier Institute premises. And yes, Tony knew about all of this and has never examined the fact that no matter what O.N.E.'s original mission statement or motivations, non-mutants can't 'reclaim' a symbol of hate and violence towards mutants, which is what Sentinels were literally designed to be.

And this is on top of Tony asking Emma and the X-Men to support his side of the Superhero Civil War while they were y'know, in the middle of a mass funeral for the kids who died on the bus in Academy X. So I do think that Tony isn't an instance of 'been an ally all along, just because we didn't see it doesn't make it not true' - there's actively stuff he's done and stances he's taken in the past that I think canon DOES need to do some image repair with in order to get mutants being like okay maybe this guy isn't the worst after all. Like I can understand Avengers fans finding past writing to be ham-fisted and shoddy but that doesn't change the fact that canonically, Tony has a definite history of doing shit that mutant characters - and fans of those characters - have every reason to feel a type of way about him, as a result. So if any non-mutant heroes need to be rehabilitated image-wise, in order to work as a mutant ally in the current era, I do think Tony's very much a good choice for that.

(Plus literally everything he's ever complained about mutants doing in the past or now, he's done himself. And I'm INCLUDING resurrection in that, as he's invented resurrection tech virtually identical to what Krakoans use which made his whole 'you just started a new arms race with your resurrection tech' stance at the Hellfire Gala a bit....yikes, for me, because it was like Tony how are you going to stand there while humans come for mutantkind 'not sharing' their resurrection tech when you've had the same shit sitting in your basement for ten years, y'know?)
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 12-21-2022 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    for me Iron man has been pretty mid since Fraction's run, with a few jumps of goodness here and there. Thus I find myself alright with this direction, where I might not have been a few years ago.

In the greater scope, even if a new iteration of the Xavier school is coming down the line, I hope there is still room in the universe for a Krakoa and even an Arakko. Then at least if an older status quo is reverted to there will be some fun additions with it. It would be unfortunate were it to go the way of Genosha or what I consider the worst, New Tian which lasted like a summer lol
    I kind of like the idea of having the school/mansion AND Krakoa. With the Krakoan gate tech you could have campuses all over the planet which could open up many different scenarios for future storylines. Personally I'm getting tired of the Arakko stuff and wish it would be wrapped up and done away with somehow. But I still like Krakoa overall but maybe bringing back the school with it's main campus being on the island would be really interesting. The classic mansion being on Krakoa could look really visually interesting if you ask me.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I kind of like the idea of having the school/mansion AND Krakoa. With the Krakoan gate tech you could have campuses all over the planet which could open up many different scenarios for future storylines. Personally I'm getting tired of the Arakko stuff and wish it would be wrapped up and done away with somehow. But I still like Krakoa overall but maybe bringing back the school with it's main campus being on the island would be really interesting. The classic mansion being on Krakoa could look really visually interesting if you ask me.
    Arakko is that garden on Mars that Ex Nihilo and Abyss built in Hickman's Avengers run, right?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker