Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Even though i don't like the current status quo, that's my concern aswell. Because frankly the last 17 years of X-men comics were painfull to follow in it's overall trend, even when there were still some stand out and interesting series written.

Infact i feel everything starting with Morrison just ruined the overall tone of the X-men and made everything so damn bleak that one could just wish for the whole thing to be put out of it's missery.

What i'd like to see would be for them to hit the reset button so hard, that the X-verse got placed back right before the start of Morrison's run, have all it's events changed starting with the destruction of Genosha and then jump 5 years into a present day, where things have become much more stable for mutants, albeit still dangerous and in need of fighting for.

An optimistic struggle will always be better for story telling, especialy in super hero comics, than a constant bleakness that just makes reader questions why they should still care about anything.

Especialy if they actualy put a competent editor in charge and pick writers that can deliver well written stories with longterm potential.
    OMG so much this. I quit reading X-Men regularly during Decimation because I just couldn't stand the bleakness(other things were going in my life too). I started reading again about 5 months ago. I would have enjoyed the Krakoa era a lot more if Beast hadn't been turned into a vile, amoral *******. And now it's just going to be(maybe) replaced by more bleakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    If I am not mistaken in September 2023 it will be the x-men’s 60th birthday ! This event should be a big one !
    Marvel seems to hate the X-Men, so I'm expecting something horrible to be done to them.

Wait, maybe 'Fall of the X-Men' refers to how lovely autumn is on Krakoa? Maybe?

Is orchis finally going to disappear? I hope so.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Well, it was fun while it lasted.
    it seriously didn't even last that long :/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Amazing Member

Nimrod and Karima back, one would guess.

Xavier gotta be the main character on this one. Magneto basically foreshadowed it and "Fall Of X" is too much of a wink too.

And f they really want to make this **** be the last stand of Krakoa, Apocalypse gotta return for this one.

Yeah, I’m fully expecting Apocalypse to return for this.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I wish Hickman had gotten to tell this story instead of worse writers playing around in Krakoa not doing anything. Shame
    I agree. Hickman isn't perfect, but it was his vision. He should have been able to finish it as he intended, for good or ill. It is shameful.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Maybe this is the long rumored "X-Men and all Mutants leave the planet" plot? Duggans run teased the idea of Earth being for humanity while Mutants rule the galaxy

If Magneto's stuff about Xavier is the set up for this, a choice being made between humans and Mutants makes sense for that
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 10-08-2022 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, I’m fully expecting Apocalypse to return for this.
    Same. And Hickman for some sort concluding mini.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I don't know about Hickman still being around being a better thing, since a lot of the bleaker bits starting back in HoXPoX were Hickmans' parts, and the general consensus has been that Hickman got the boot because he wanted to go dark a miserable when everyone else wanted to keep things in the relative happy phase.

I agree that a lot of the worst writing aspects of the X line really metastasized with Morrison. He really started this trend of pinballing between absolute despair and extinction and master race chestbeating. Plus he introduced the awful plot point of humanity going extinct in just a few years in-story, which everyone is either super excited for or weirdly blase about.

Personally I think there's a really good chance at a major reboot. Like, actual hard, almost DC-like reboot of the X men. But whether its just to about the Morisson point or even a fresh reintroduction to the Marvel universe to coincide with them getting added to the MCU (we're all thinking it!).

Magneto just warned Storm to keep an eye on Xavier to make sure he doesnt sacrifice Krakoa in order to appease the world.

Sounds like Fall of X is less the end of the Krakoa Era and more them dealing with Xavier becoming the antagonist. Which would then take all 3 of the founding Krakoa members off the board.

And then the Reign of Doug can begin.
    Last edited by JamJams; 10-08-2022 at 10:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    OMG so much this. I quit reading X-Men regularly during Decimation because I just couldn't stand the bleakness(other things were going in my life too). I started reading again about 5 months ago. I would have enjoyed the Krakoa era a lot more if Beast hadn't been turned into a vile, amoral *******. And now it's just going to be(maybe) replaced by more bleakness.

Marvel seems to hate the X-Men, so I'm expecting something horrible to be done to them.

Wait, maybe 'Fall of the X-Men' refers to how lovely autumn is on Krakoa? Maybe?
    I'm not going to lie, those of us outside the X-bubble would love to have their characters be hated by marvel as much as the X-men are considering the amount of minis and ongoings they constantly get.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I don't know about Hickman still being around being a better thing, since a lot of the bleaker bits starting back in HoXPoX were Hickmans' parts, and the general consensus has been that Hickman got the boot because he wanted to go dark a miserable when everyone else wanted to keep things in the relative happy phase.

I agree that a lot of the worst writing aspects of the X line really metastasized with Morrison. He really started this trend of pinballing between absolute despair and extinction and master race chestbeating. Plus he introduced the awful plot point of humanity going extinct in just a few years in-story, which everyone is either super excited for or weirdly blase about.

Personally I think there's a really good chance at a major reboot. Like, actual hard, almost DC-like reboot of the X men. But whether its just to about the Morisson point or even a fresh reintroduction to the Marvel universe to coincide with them getting added to the MCU (we're all thinking it!).
    Don't forget Sublime, although I'll admit I consider Sublime more a masterstroke on Morrison's part to explain marvel civilians slow degeneration over time. Because at some point magic space bacteria is the only explanation for marvel Civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Magneto just warned Storm to keep an eye on Xavier to make sure he doesnt sacrifice Krakoa in order to appease the world.

Sounds like Fall of X is less the end of the Krakoa Era and more them dealing with Xavier becoming the antagonist. Which would then take all 3 of the founding Krakoa members off the board.

And then the Reign of Doug can begin.
    Can we get someone more competent and less tending to be a bad-decision making, passive "Hitler age sugar" white guy in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Why can they go after the avengers insted. Nothing of value will be lost if the avengers died
    Avengers Fan Love you too buddy. Good luck with the MCU introduction.

Now on this itself.....nope. I don't buy it. Call it Fall of X, have the tagline itself suggest this will be the destruction of Krakoa...yeah, nope. Marvel is Vince Russo at this point with some of their lines. I wasn't really alive...or old enough to be watching, but Vince Russo was the master of swerving everyone so hard that eventually the things that no one was supposed to see coming everyone saw coming. Everyone expects stupid pole matches after you have a match for Buff Bagwell's mother on a pole. Everyone expects there is going to be a tag team dressed up as human penises. At some point, the same attempts at swerves is just going to be predictable.

Now, on Hickman being allowed to finish his story, who knows. They may or may not use his notes, he did state they have them. Hickman was always hinting at a darker tale he was weaving. Now, I don't think it could really be used anymore because they quickly buried those elements and presumably hit Percy over the head with a shovel when tried using them a few more times. Then they did decide to use them, but mostly kept them quarantined to a few books, legion and sabretooth, with some building hints in X-men and Red.

I'll just note again I still dislike the worldbuilding behind a lot of this. The Homogenization of culture. The handwaving of nation-building. The stretching that had to be done to justify all mutants in one place no matter what. Still, I doubt it's going away anytime soon.

Also if Apocalypse shows up, this is only acceptable if he immediately gets caught by Chris Hansen.

Why can they go after the avengers insted. Nothing of value will be lost if the avengers died
    Of value? What value? Anyway, there’s a question mark that was implied and about the Avengers, it has already been done…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Of value? What value? Anyway, there’s a question mark that was implied and about the Avengers, it has already been done…
    Nothing of value to your average X-fan. Assuming X-fans aren't fans of Avengers. Because dirty filthy flatscans. I swear if the tension of the fandoms were as thick in the books, the Avengers and X-men would be stuck in eternal orgy with each other at this point.

Fantastic Member

This is ridiculous. The AXE hadn't ended, the Dark Web hadn't yet started and SoS is still months away, but we ALREADY have a teaser for something that would happen almost a year later? What's next? Teasing things that would happen ten years later?

Anyway, I don't believe it would be the end of Krakoa, because it would make Hickman's leave pointless. Maybe like people above suggested it would be a fall of Xavier.

cf Onslaught and Heroes Reborn XD