Page 32 of 161 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot about this. Perhaps it was indeed pushed back, which brings to mind the X-Men vote. I wonder when that is going to be announced.
    they're taking forever to announce the x-men vote, JDW did say it was "sooner than expected" so I'm led to believe it should be here within the coming week
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot about this. Perhaps it was indeed pushed back, which brings to mind the X-Men vote. I wonder when that is going to be announced.
    So weird that they teased that at the start of the month and now we’re about to hit Feb.

Incredible Member

The ol’ uncanny team is alive and well…and would be formidable. They should have a team up, if not a series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    The ol’ uncanny team is alive and well…and would be formidable. They should have a team up, if not a series.
    Lol could you just imagine how severely a modern incarnation of the classic Gold lineup would be clearing enemies?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    they're taking forever to announce the x-men vote, JDW did say it was "sooner than expected" so I'm led to believe it should be here within the coming week
    I also think that this coming week is the week.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I just wonder of the new team wil be a Uncanny x-men team (yeahhhh), or Uncanny Avengers Team (noooo)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    So weird that they teased that at the start of the month and now we’re about to hit Feb.
    Perhaps they had nothing else, so they pulled out the vote for some minor buzz?

That being said, why exactly should readers still care about that when we have seen the results (how the vote goes and what minor role the voted one will play) twice allready and i personaly find them rather sombering.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Lol could you just imagine how severely a modern incarnation of the classic Gold lineup would be clearing enemies?
    Because they aren't beating enemies quickly enough... Well unless the writer wants their villains to be presented as formidable at which point they just crank down the heros IQ by 70%.

Everyone is allready too powerfull for their own good. Even more with basicly every mutant ever created at their quick disposale and a "ultra rich super nation" behind them.

If things go even worse in the power department they will need to produce even more works set in the late 80's and early 90's era, not just for the nostalgia, but because the power levels were still relative tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I just wonder of the new team wil be a Uncanny x-men team (yeahhhh), or Uncanny Avengers Team (noooo)
    I would be more enthused about an "uncanny" team if any of them would have an indication of lasting more than a year or actualy getting good stories.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I would think it's more likely to be made up of folks not currently on Duggan's X-men squad, and if Ewing is rumored to be writing it that X-men Red morphs into this new Uncanny book with a more traditional cast (versus the eclectic cast of Red right now). So probably Storm, Sunspot, Wolverine (who is on the run apparently in Fall of X so makes sense that he'd move to Arakko), Rogue, Gambit and a few others. Hopefully Cable remains, even if just as supporting cast along with the rest of S.W.O.R.D.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I would think it's more likely to be made up of folks not currently on Duggan's X-men squad, and if Ewing is rumored to be writing it that X-men Red morphs into this new Uncanny book with a more traditional cast (versus the eclectic cast of Red right now). So probably Storm, Sunspot, Wolverine (who is on the run apparently in Fall of X so makes sense that he'd move to Arakko), Rogue, Gambit and a few others. Hopefully Cable remains, even if just as supporting cast along with the rest of S.W.O.R.D.
    Now that you mention it, I would really like to see that. Writers in this era haven't quite shown how devoted Ororo and Logan are to each other, so I'm down for those 2 spending some quality time together on the same team / in the same book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I hope a redeemed Beast too in some capacity.

I’d love a team that looks like the old Animated Series lineup, but subbing in a couple of characters for Scott and Jean who are headlining Duggan’s X-men book.

- Storm
    - Sunspot
    - Logan
    - Gambit
    - Rogue
    - Jubilee
    - Beast
    - Dazzler

That would be a cool lineup IMO. Or, if Logan stays on X-Force, sub out Cable for him.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I want an X-men team without a voting gimmick. I miss the days of the team roster organically changing with the stories. Pretty sure that was killed by Morrison, when suddenly everyone from all of the teams were suddenly X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I want an X-men team without a voting gimmick. I miss the days of the team roster organically changing with the stories. Pretty sure that was killed by Morrison, when suddenly everyone from all of the teams were suddenly X-men.
    The idea of the vote really grew on me. I think Duggan has kept and developed the characters he wanted to use anyhow and also gave good in-universe reasons for the vote. By now, he has established a really great team and family feel with Jean, Cyclops, Synch, Magik, and X23 working together. He only also has to return Polaris (because his take on the character was fantastic) and add Monet to the roster (for making me happy) and the team for year 3 would be absolutely perfection!

I malade but I just read the children of the vault arc and I'm really blown away, how great it was. Art and story was so well done. I hope he really left the "monster of the week" idea from year 1 behind and developed some great story arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    The idea of the vote really grew on me. I think Duggan has kept and developed the characters he wanted to use anyhow and also gave good in-universe reasons for the vote. By now, he has established a really great team and family feel with Jean, Cyclops, Synch, Magik, and X23 working together. He only also has to return Polaris (because his take on the character was fantastic) and add Monet to the roster (for making me happy) and the team for year 3 would be absolutely perfection!

I malade but I just read the children of the vault arc and I'm really blown away, how great it was. Art and story was so well done. I hope he really left the "monster of the week" idea from year 1 behind and developed some great story arcs.
    I just don’t like forced roster changes. Before… what? Onslaught? When a team changed rosters, it usually wasn’t a sudden case of new-writer-itis. The new writer would take what they were given and run with the ball, (usually) slowly changing into something they wanted. Now it’s “new writer, new team, new headquarters, new mission, new number one!”.

I know the vote thing isn’t the same, but I hate getting used to a cast who has barely been together for twelve issues and swap them around again after a year (and in Marvel time, that’s what? A couple weeks?)

I honestly don't have a problem with the vote it really makes sense to have it during the Krakoan era, I think the main problem is the length of time we spend with the team. I can see every 2 years we change the team but every year is too short of enough time. Especially considering all the events and crossovers being thrown at the book, we spend less time with each member. So far this run I don't even think I can tell you what characters such as Angelica, Iceman, Scott or Magik have done this run, this having more to do with Duggans writing more than anything else.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer