Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

We always knew, from the moment "Dawn of X" was announced, that a "Twilight of X", "End of X" or indeed "Fall of X" would eventually follow. I wonder if this is really going to be the end of the Jonathan Hickman era and of Krakoa and a return to a more classic status quo for the X-books. I'm still loving the current setup and figured it would last as long as JDW was X-editor - if it's indeed the end, I really hope we don't lose the close collaboration with the creators and especially we don't lose Al Ewing and Kieron Gillen.

I'm ready for the Krakoan era to end, but if this is it, I hope it's done well and in a way that those who have been big fans of this era are satisfied with. I also hope there's no extinction-level event - this can't be another Genosha or M-Day situation.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Why can they go after the avengers insted. Nothing of value will be lost if the avengers died
    They're already dead right now

Fantastic Member

The villain on the island, the title remind me of Fall of Mutants which from what I remembered is the death of Doug Ramsey... Which one of the main character in Krakoa.. does it have connection?.

1) This tagline irked me: “ How long did you think the villains were going to leave them alone?” Like damn… the villains actually haven’t left them alone since day one.
    2) I’m REALLY hoping that this isn’t a summer event and it’s just the next phase from Destiny of X. If they’re telling the “end of the Krakoa” story it deserves some space to breath ESPECIALLY after the other endless events and crossovers.
    3) I’m also really hoping Jbenito is right and this is more of a “end of Krakoa as we know it” thing. I could see Krakoa going through some major reforms with the government and potentially factions of mutants forming again without taking us all the way back to the mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    They're already dead right now
    Not dead enough.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    If we're talking about the villains on the island finally snapping, that really excites me.
    That's what I want to see.

That they've now dropped the super homogenous "same title font for every book" mandate does make me think they're moving away from Krakoa more

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    That they've now dropped the super homogenous "same title font for every book" mandate does make me think they're moving away from Krakoa more
    Ok the influx of mini-series announcements (some of which look like they could take place in any era) is reminding me of 2018-2019 when the X-Office was putting out some solid minis (Rogue & Gambit, Shatterstar, etc.), that unfortunately didn't have a ton of impact on the direction of the line itself. Ngl things seem kind of unfocused right now. Doesn't mean that the books won't be good, but one of the original appealing factors of the Krakoa era was the cohesion among the titles.

Amazing Member

FINALLY!! I despise this status quo and want to go back to the mansion and fighting evil mutants so bad. Just burn krakoa to the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramega1 View Post
    FINALLY!! I despise this status quo and want to go back to the mansion and fighting evil mutants so bad. Just burn krakoa to the ground!
    Idk about the mansion but actually fighting their enemies instead of being their friends all the time would be a nice change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    1) This tagline irked me: “ How long did you think the villains were going to leave them alone?” Like damn… the villains actually haven’t left them alone since day one.
    2) I’m REALLY hoping that this isn’t a summer event and it’s just the next phase from Destiny of X. If they’re telling the “end of the Krakoa” story it deserves some space to breath ESPECIALLY after the other endless events and crossovers.
    3) I’m also really hoping Jbenito is right and this is more of a “end of Krakoa as we know it” thing. I could see Krakoa going through some major reforms with the government and potentially factions of mutants forming again without taking us all the way back to the mansion.
    If it is indeed the island villains breaking away and causing chaos, it could definitely extend into a whole era rather than a single event. The political implications of Krakoan villains globally running amuck again, the efforts to counter/retrieve them. The upheaval it'll cause if QC members like Shaw are in on it. There's a lot to play with there and could end Krakoa "as we know it."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, Marvel only did this for 56 years. It's clearly not enough time. Who wants change?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    1: What? Theyre teaming up with CASSANDRA NOVA right now. Their villains are their best buddies.
    2: base don the others on the list it seems like it's an actual book like HOXPOX and not a title like Dawn/Reign/etc
    3: my guess is it's the end of the Quiet Council. Maybe the end of Krakoa as an actual country but not a location

it won't happen the fans are tired of the mansion which has been destroyed every month for 60 years, it has no longer had any interest for years even more since the krakoa era which has brought freshness even if everything is not perfect , that would be a regression and marvel have plans for the current era until 2024 for now.

I don't see krakoa being destroyed then there's arrako who is also there what's the point of going back to a mansion when you have a planet?