Page 5 of 161 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    If we're talking about the villains on the island finally snapping, that really excites me.
    I suppose they will have a good reason for this change of heart… Enemies to… not quite friends to… enemies again?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    1: What? Theyre teaming up with CASSANDRA NOVA right now. Their villains are their best buddies.
    2: base don the others on the list it seems like it's an actual book like HOXPOX and not a title like Dawn/Reign/etc
    3: my guess is it's the end of the Quiet Council. Maybe the end of Krakoa as an actual country but not a location
    I meant that they're non-mutant villains have been attacking and plotting against them from day one. Like yes Orchis hasn't declared full-on war yet, but it has not been rainbows and sunshine. *If* this quote is referring to mutant villains that's another case, but they haven't specified that.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Was one year of nonsense really worth throwing Hickman out prematurely?
    In short, nope! Hey you force out a high level writer, you pretty much telegraphed that quality and great storytelling are not a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, Marvel only did this for 56 years. It's clearly not enough time. Who wants change?
    Yeah I miss those eternally teenaged mutants and huge spread pages of every mutant from your average popularity poll crowding around the dead guy of the month too.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

The X-Office/AIPT got nerve ending the X Me Anything call for questions just before all these announcements.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    OMG so much this. I quit reading X-Men regularly during Decimation because I just couldn't stand the bleakness(other things were going in my life too). I started reading again about 5 months ago. I would have enjoyed the Krakoa era a lot more if Beast hadn't been turned into a vile, amoral *******. And now it's just going to be(maybe) replaced by more bleakness.

Marvel seems to hate the X-Men, so I'm expecting something horrible to be done to them.

Wait, maybe 'Fall of the X-Men' refers to how lovely autumn is on Krakoa? Maybe?
    We need Spring of X and Summer(s) of X first.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Not dead enough.
    Between this and the Inhumans, I’d argue sharing a universe with the X-men it’s not a question of if your eternal demise is demanded by angry X-fans, only when. What would satisfy this eternal bloodlust for the death of other characters out of some misguided desire to inflict pain and torment on other fictional characters in return for it being done to your favorite characters?

I’m waiting for the moment fans declare Daredevil needs to suffer because he’s too happy for a non-X-men. I will laugh my ass off.

To be clear, I’m responding to the contingent represented by Coco and Dthirds. Everyone else is fine.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

One of my concerns is that when resurrection is taken off the table, who will still be around?
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Was one year of nonsense really worth throwing Hickman out prematurely?
    Hickman chose to leave because they wouldn't pay him to be Head of X anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    One of my concerns is that when resurrection is taken off the table, who will still be around?
    Magneto.

10char

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Hickman chose to leave because they wouldn't pay him to be Head of X anymore.
    Where did it get stated Hickman left over pay disputes? I always heard it was because the writers and editors wouldn’t let him proceed with his story and wanted to stick around the middle much longer than he intended

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Between this and the Inhumans, I’d argue sharing a universe with the X-men it’s not a question of if your eternal demise is demanded by angry X-fans, only when. What would satisfy this eternal bloodlust for the death of other characters out of some misguided desire to inflict pain and torment on other fictional characters in return for it being done to your favorite characters?

I’m waiting for the moment fans declare Daredevil needs to suffer because he’s too happy for a non-X-men. I will laugh my ass off.

To be clear, I’m responding to the contingent represented by Coco and Dthirds. Everyone else is fine.
    Dare who? Was he an X-Man?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I'm assuming this won't be the true end of the "Hickman-influenced" era but it might be a pretty big status quo shift, like what he had originally planned to make before leaving.

Just obviously changed and expanded to suit new conditions, new writers, etc. Therefore, even if Krakoa doesn't continue to exist in the same way, it doesn't mean we're done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Dare who? Was he an X-Man?
    Yes.

10char

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If they do take the route of the Mutants going to space whatd be the point of electing X-Men at all? Even if the X-Men stay on earth there's no real reason for the Mutants to do so if they no longer care about humans