Page 6 of 161 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of X

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    If they do take the route of the Mutants going to space whatd be the point of electing X-Men at all? Even if the X-Men stay on earth there's no real reason for the Mutants to do so if they no longer care about humans
    I think if the X-men go to space the elections is going to be the least of everyone’s concern in and out of universe.

I’ll admit, I don’t think they’d have thought the symbolism through if they do it, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Where did it get stated Hickman left over pay disputes? I always heard it was because the writers and editors wouldn’t let him proceed with his story and wanted to stick around the middle much longer than he intended
    That was only ever speculation. The truth is that Marvel refused to match the money Substack offered him.

If they do take the route of the Mutants going to space whatd be the point of electing X-Men at all? Even if the X-Men stay on earth there's no real reason for the Mutants to do so if they no longer care about humans
    Because what would the humans of the 616 ever do if they didn't have at least one mutie to hate with that cold beer?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Because what would the humans of the 616 ever do if they didn't have at least one mutie to hate with that cold beer?
    Idk, what do real life bigots do when there isn’t any minority within hating distance?

Idk, what do real life bigots do when there isn’t any minority within hating distance?
    Find a new minority to hate and blame for all of their problems, of course

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Finally finally finally they will be in an event fighting villains! I honestly do not mind which group or groups it will be. At least it is not fighting against each other, the FF, the Avengers, the Inhumans or Eternals. As we have seen that to many times. And it will not be an alternative demensio n like AoA, AoX, PoX, AoXM or SOS.

We are back to heroes versus villains. Finally...!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    So actual rl racism and bigotry then.

So, what’s this forums opinion on Flatscan on Flatscan violence then?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Next is the mole people.

So actual rl racism and bigotry then.

So, what’s this forums opinion on Flatscan on Flatscan violence then?
    Work faster.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I think if the X-men go to space the elections is going to be the least of everyone’s concern in and out of universe.

I’ll admit, I don’t think they’d have thought the symbolism through if they do it, tbh.
    They mentioned that thisd start with the Gala, so presumably that'd mean a new team of X-Men. And when Sinister/Essex/whoever suggested the idea of Mutants ditching earth Cyclops wasn't down for it

Though they could retcon that off screen like they did with HoxPox to every X-Man ever

I hope this means the other current books are also getting new logos, the Wolverine one does not fit the book at all

I hope this means the other current books are also getting new logos, the Wolverine one does not fit the book at all
    I hope not, Tom Muller gave the books a desperately needed new flavor, aesthetically. Outside of the Captain Britain logo, all the new ones revealed this weekend are terrible.

Mighty Member

Only thing I don’t like is I thought when they voted to extend Krakoa it’s because they wanted to spend more time with the characters in this world and the interactions and the fun stuff. Instead it’s just all “humans want our power” stuff. If we weren’t going to go a different route with Krakoa and we were simply going to do the simple “nationalism” is bad thing then you didn’t need an extra year for that

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I hope not, Tom Muller gave the books a desperately needed new flavor, aesthetically. Outside of the Captain Britain logo, all the new ones revealed this weekend are terrible.
    A new flavor,by making them all exactly the fucking same regardless of the tone or direction of the book. These new logos are infinitely more interesting than any of the ones since HOXPOX

A new flavor,by making them all exactly the fucking same regardless of the tone or direction of the book. These new logos are infinitely more interesting than any of the ones since HOXPOX
    I mean, to each their own, but I thought the Muller logos all had their own flavor. Same font, sure. But that's just one piece of the puzzle with the various ways the text was transformed.

The Bishop War College logo is just awful.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, Marvel only did this for 56 years. It's clearly not enough time. Who wants change?
    You don’t read comics for change. You read them for the comfort food of super hero comics. You want change for support the thousands of indie comics that are telling crazy new stories. I want the stuff I liked before. Krakoa sucked, it made all the X-men into villians and broke the entire franchise. The sooner it’s thrown away the better.