Default CBR's DC Next Dawn and Age of Marvels New Universe fanfics

Because I am either an ego-maniac who wants to show off my work, OR I'm a team-player who wants to open up these threads to people who may be unaware of them, I present some of my favorite items I've submitted some examples of my favorite submissions.

Amazing Fantasy is a title used to showcase ANY property Marvel has licensed over the years. I have a tendency to overload the cast and play with comic dress designs. Plus I have a free photoshop knockoff which I am getting less sucky with. I hope you enjoy.

AMAZING FANTASY #23
    Starring Sax Rohmer’s Fu Manchu, Philip Wylie’s Gladiator, and characters from Star Trek!
    “DOWN THE DOUBLE SPIRAL STAIRCASE”
    Special 23rd issue celebrating the 23 pairs of gene in human DNA!
    Written by GREG COX, MARJORIE LIU, AND ROY THOMAS
    Plot by CAPTCLEGHORN
    Art by PAUL GULACY
    1894 – Professor Abednego Danner injects a formula into his testicles and into the womb of his wife before she is impregnated with a male child who is born on Christmas Day of that year.
    1930 – The boy, Hugo Danner, having been born with extraordinary superhuman physical and mental abilities, fakes his death and the destruction of his deceased father’s scientific notes.
    1957 – Fu Manchu approaches Dr. Rosalind Franklin seeking to acquire/borrow the scientist’s work on the structure of DNA and her virus studies. Franklin refuses and dies just over a year later of ovarian cancer.
    It is now 1968. Mankind will soon see the dark side of the moon. Har Gobind Khorana is one of the recipients of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine "for their interpretation of the genetic code and its function in protein synthesis." One of his most brilliant students, Dr. Sarina Kaur, is starting her own research facility in India known as the Chrysalis Project to create superior human specimens. The facility is meant to be hidden and clandestine, but it has not escaped the notice of autocrat Fu Manchu, or the older but still vital, powerful, and brilliant Hugo Danner who believes much of his father’s work was stolen and used here, despite imperfections in the formula.
    Sir Denis Nayland Smith and Dr James Petrie discover much as they are sent by MI6 to investigate Fu Manchu’s interest in the mysterious Chrysalis Project. When these four parties come together, will any of them be able to perfect the methods of genetic manipulation of homo sapiens?
    32 PGs/ Rated T...$2.99

AMAZING FANTASY #25
    Starring Beavis and Butthead; Ren and Stimpy; Rocko
    “CRISIS ON INFROGINITE EARTHS”
    Written by JOE MURRAY and MIKE JUDGE
    Plot by CAPTCLEGHORN
    Art by ALEX ROSS
    Backup by JIM STERANKO
    The Egyptian goddess Heqet is pissed. She has noticed in many versions of planet Earth where frogs are abused, tortured, killed, and otherwise disrespected. As a result of mankind’s deeds, she has decreed that their worlds must perish and be reborn. For she is goddess of fertility and rebirth and either has a full frog body or a frog head. Only one hero remains to stop her. Throg, Frog of Thunder and wielder of the hammer known as Frogjolnir. Once a human named Simon Walterson, he was cursed to become a frog. This also angered Heqet as being a frog is NOT a curse. Throg was unable to save his planet and it was destroyed by Heqet. Barely escaping with his life, Throg was able to locate one of many dimensional transference devices resembling frogs, known on many worlds as King Solomon’s Frogs.
    Unable to stop the onslaught, Throg was face with only three Earths surviving.
    Earth B&B: where delinquent boys known as Beavis and Butthead play baseball using frogs to hit with bats.
    Earth R&S: where a chihuahua named Ren Houk and a cat called Stimson J. Cat used to abuse frogs in their youth, although that was mostly Ren.
    And the worst Heqet will save even longer than she saves the previous two.
    Earth RML: where a family of frogs known as the Bigheads suffer due to the petty beliefs and hatreds of Ed Bighead. His friend Rocko, a wallaby has been ineffectual in bringing Ed to a more righteous path.
    Heqet has sworn vengeance and she will have it unless Throg can assemble a team from the aforementioned characters to thwart her scheme and convince her to recreate the Earths. By the way, your Earth is gone as well. This solicitation is a memory in your soul as it faces final judgment. Luckily there’s a long line of deceased so there still may be time to reed the book before you perished forever. It may all come down to Ed Bighead’s children Ralph and Rachel Bighead, actually the same frog from two points in their life together for the first time anywhere. Can Ed’s child, pre and post transition come together and convince a goddess that we are worth saving?
    Included is the Jim Steranko’s sequel to Frogs, Frogs 2
    96PGS/$2.99 TVMA

AMAZING FANTASY #26
    2OO1: a space odyssey
    “THE GIFT”
    Written by ALEJANDRO JODOROWSKY
    Plot by CAPTCLEGHORN
    Art by MICHAEL ALLRED
    It is the year 2022. Leo Beige-Gray is a scientist working as one of Pan-Am’s representatives on the Europa examination team. Their goal is to find safe ways to traverse the Lucifer system without the still unknown radiation of Sol’s sister star adversely affecting Terran spacecraft. Beige-Gray remains skeptical of the venture, feeling nostalgic for the lost planetary king of the solar system and unsure of the powers behind the monoliths which were found on Luna, and which transformed Jupiter. The weeks of constant instrument readings, calculations, curve-fittings interspersed with roughly 90 minutes both ways communication with Earth is starting to wear on him.
    In a moment of emotional turmoil, he stares into the light of the new star Lucifer and asks “Why?” He is immediately transported to an Earth which is untouched by monoliths. It is somewhat similar, but feels very different. He is alone and no one else knows who he is. Additionally, there is a worldwide pandemic happening, war is a frequent occurrence, man had reached the moon just before the space exploration ceased, and Pan Am is no more. What has happened and how do the monoliths fit into all of this? Are they a gift, or a curse?
    32 PGS./Rated A for all audiences…$2.99
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

More Amazing Fantasys. In the first one, I kill Solomon Kane and bury him up the street from where I grew up.

AMAZING FANTASY #27
    “THE LESSER KEY OF SOLOMON” featuring the Daughter of Solomon Kane
    Written by Alan Moore
    Plot by CaptCleghorn
    Art by Howard Chaykin
    Using concepts from the pens of Ramsey Campbell, Philip Jose Farmer, Robert E. Howard, H. P. Lovecraft, and Gianluigi Zuddas
    Early in the seventeenth century, the paladin known as Solomon Kane returned home to his native England. He took a wife named Bess and they prepared to live their remaining days in peace. However, Bess died in giving birth to their first child, a girl who Solomon named after her mother, Elizabeth, known as Bess. It became clear that this life was not for Kane and he made arrangements for his daughter while he went back out to fight evil, never to return home.
    Years passed and when Bess reached adulthood, she was unhappy with her mundane life and had an inner yearning to find what had happened to her father. The young woman struggled to retrace her father’s last journey both fighting those who would deny her based on her sex, and also the foreboding sense of evil as she drew closer to traces of her father.
    A trip to the frozen wastes of Greenland gave her evidence her father had then gone west across the ocean to the new world. She found other Puritans who were traveling to that land in the 1630s and she went with them. Upon reaching the new world, she followed a tributary of what would be known as the Miskatonic River upstream to an area the natives only know as “Dunwich”. In order to free her father and his staff, she dares to read a forbidden text causing the demon known as Ygolonac to appear demanding the Kanes serve his evil purposes, or they will be eaten..
    Witness the struggle of Bess and her elderly father as they fight to get back to the settlement. Watch the final fight atop the hill with a mysterious granite boulder sitting there.
    If you dare, you may attempt visiting the grave of Solomon Kane at 42° 36' 54" North by 71° 50' 57" West. However, there are multiple reports that the revolutionary war era graveyard adjoining the unmarked grave is haunted.
    66pg… $2.99 Special magazine sized (8½ x 11) issue, Rated M for mature audiences

This was sparked by a bizarre cartoon and the more I looked at it, the more a plot came into being.

AMAZING FANTASY #29
    “WHAT IF… THE MARVELOUS LAND OF OZ WAS ON THE PLANET OF THE APES?”
    Written by Eric Shanower
    Art by Skottie Young
    Plot by CaptCleghorn
    The Wicked Witch of the West is dead. As a reward for her brave assistance to the Emerald City and the land of Oz as a whole, Dorothy Gale and her dog Toto have been allowed to use the magic ruby slippers to take them home to Kansas. But Oz has another crisis brewing. The Witch of the West had kept a population of flying monkeys under her control and after her death, the monkeys are now free. They also wish to go home.
    Far to the East, there is a land where science changed the landscape. Where Oz was shaped and changed by magic, those areas had three species of ape gain intelligence and take control over man. It is there that the monkeys fly and where they ask for help in wrecking vengeance over Oz. The Ape Cities arose when dogs and cats were wiped out and man became mute as Apes took control. A talking girl and her dog certainly attract attention.
    The Scarecrow and his newfound intelligence negotiate with the scientific orangutangs.
    The Tin Man and his heart seek to gain the trust of the Chimpanzees.
    But the greatest challenge may be a Talking Lion with his newfound courage trying to control an army of warlike gorillas.
    Can the flying monkeys and their quest for vengeance be halted?
    32 pp $2.99 Rated T for teen (13+) audiences

And here, we have two sitcoms. One with continuity problems based on a nuke going off and one where a controversial movie finale left a black mark. Can Buckaroo Banzai save them both?

AMAZING FANTASY #30
    “THIS IS IT!” featuring Alf, Buckaroo Banzai, and Sledge Hammer
    Written by PAUL FUSCO (Alf)
    EARL MAC RAUCH (Buckaroo Banzai)
    ALAN SPENCER (Sledge Hammer)
    Art by KEITH GIFFEN (layouts)
    KEVIN MAGUIRE (finishes)
    Plot by CAPTCLEGHORN
    Gordon Shumway is an extraterrestrial from the planet Melmac, colloquially known as Alf (Alien Life Form). His planet was destroyed by nuclear war while he was space bound, causing his ship to crash on Earth. He spent time hiding with an Earth family but was captured by a rogue faction of the US military. Released from custody and finding his Earth family unavailable, he heads to San Francisco to give the visiting POTUS warnings about nuclear war.
    In San Francisco, newly promoted SFPD Lieutenant Dori Doreau is responsible for handling security for the visiting President. She assigns Inspector Sledge Hammer to search for a reported alien creature wandering the streets. However, unknown to them at this time, a band of attractive bikini clad terrorists are in the process of hijacking a nuclear device and using it to ransom the city when POTUS is there. If this sounds familiar, it’s because our officers have encountered the gang led by fitness guru Jill Taylor. They failed and San Francisco was destroyed in a nuclear blast sending Doreau and Hammer back five years which they have relived (relax, it’s sitcom time travel). Can they get it right this time?
    Adventurer, brain surgeon, rock musician Buckaroo Banzai has detected a disturbance in the time stream and excessive radiation. This supposed disruption of spacetime affects a planet in the Aldente Nebula in the Andromeda Galaxy which was destroyed due to nuclear conflict. Buckaroo believes he can save both planets, Earth and Melmac, but he will have to make sure that the San Francisco blast is averted by the human police and their Melmac helper while Buckaroo flies into another dimension to link both planets, saving both from nuclear Armageddon.
    Can they do it? Don’t worry, they know what they’re doing.
    48 pp… $2.99 Rated T for teen (13+) audiences

And the last of the Amazing Fantasy solicitations I did. Can you guess what I totally rip... errr, homaged? And I am proud I managed to milk what was arguably the second worst Enterprise episode ever.

AMAZING FANTASY #31
    “STORM FRONT REDUX!” featuring Indiana Jones, The Human Fly, and various elements of Star Trek
    Written by JACKSON LANZING (Star Trek)
    Art by LEONARD KIRK (Star Trek: Deep Space 9)
    Plot by CAPTCLEGHORN
    Benny Russell is a Science Fiction writer of color. This caused him problems in the fifties, but through it all, he maintained his focus and churned out words. Years later, in 1976, he started having visions. The visions were supposedly caused by a device called the Orb of Time, located dozens of light-years from Earth. Just as Russell was ready to ignore these visions, one of them led him to what appeared to be a futuristic technological device. The evidence cause a landslide of information into his head about a nazi victory of WWII caused by manipulation of the time stream but fixed by other manipulations. Somewhere in NYC was a device that could restore the Axis victory. However, the device is buried in the NY Fed gold depository.
    Benny seeks out an old friend who is well versed in archaeology and digging out relics from inaccessible locations. Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. was nicknamed Indiana and had seen enough weird happenings and objects to believe Benny’s visions. However, many of Indiana’s adventures happened when he was a younger man. In order to handle the physical strain of finding their way down into a vault buried stories beneath one of the busiest cities on the planet (Did we mention it was the beginning of July with the bicentennial celebration?) during possibly the biggest holiday in 200 years, Jones calls in a favor to a stuntman he knows, a mysterious gentleman known only as The Human Fly.
    So can Benny, Indy, and Fly manage to get through massive parades and celebrations, get past tight security, and dig through busy city streets to get a device which may not even exist?
    That, effendi, would be a truly amazing fantasy, wouldn’t it?
    64 PGS/Rated T for teen (13+) audiences… $2.99

I am amazed by this fantasy! Love the mash-ups.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I am amazed by this fantasy! Love the mash-ups.
    IIRC, you have some truly amazing work of your own worthy of posting. Be Brave, Brag!

I’ll have to go through the archives. I think we’ve been at it for a decade at this point. I might pull out some “all time favorites” to put here.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Did we mention that the AOM and DC-ND universes actually can crossover with each other? True, and awesome as well.

Spidey and the Question are two of the characters I write solicits for and occasionally make covers.

Attachment 96216

SONS OF DITKO #1 (DC Next Dawn/AOM-NU Crossover!)
    Written by J.M.DeMatteis and Mark Russell
    Plot by CaptCleghorn
    Art by Brendan McCarthy
    Book 1: "A=A"
    The Question takes part in the latest generation of CBR universal crossovers.
    Vic and Tot are off to the Big Apple, New York City! But both men have different missions. Tot is on a busman's holiday to interview a couple of outstanding science students in NYC, one Peter Parker, and a pre-teen prodigy, Lunella Lafayette.
    Sitting next to Tot on the flight to Newark (EWR) Airport (Hub City has NO flights to JFK or LaGuardia) is Vic. Vic is here for two reasons. The first is an interview with the Daily Bugle webpage and its publisher J. Jonah Jameson. Have we mentioned Vic wants to get the f*** out of Hub City?
    The other item on Vic's travel agenda is finding a former college buddy and fellow journalist, Rex Graine. Graine and Vic met in college but eventually drifted as Vic lost focus and Graine became hyper-focused. Graine's latest pieces have been rather harsh and worrisome even to Vic. If the guy in a mask running around at night beating up bad guys is worried, there may very well be a problem.
    Just to liven things up, Peter Parker is actually the NYC celebrity hero "Spider-Man"! And yes, he and Vic will actually meet this issue, so buy it already!
    40 PGs./ Rated T+...$3.99

SONS OF DITKO #1 (Crossover between AOM-NU and DC Next Dawn)
    Written by J.M.DEMATTEIS and MARK RUSSELL
    Plot by CAPTCLEGHORN
    Art by BRENDAN MCCARTHY
    BOOK 1: “A=A”
    The Amazing Spider-Man takes part in the latest generation of CBR universal crossovers.
    Peter Parker is privileged, along with Lunella Lafayette (aka Moon Girl), to be interviewed by a professor from the elite Hub City University, Dr. Aristotle Rodor.for possible admittance.
    J. Jonah Jameson also interviews a reporter from Hub City named Vic Sage, a tough, rebellious controversial independent. Just the type Jameson hates, but Sage does do nice stories and pulls off being on screen.
    And yes, there are more than just interviews in this historic issue. Sage is secretly a masked vigilante called “The Question” and is in NYC to search out a former acquaintance suspected to be up to no good, Rex Graine. Graine and Vic met in college nd eventually drifted as Vic lost focus and Graine became hyper-focused.
    Pete’s Spidey-sense is also going off around a quiet student, not unlike himself. How does a troubled High Schooler tie in with a reporter’s troubled friend? That’s a good question.
    Rated T+, 40 pages, $3.99

SONS OF DITKO #2 (crossover between AOM-NU and DC Next Dawn)
    Written by MARK RUSSELL and J.M.DEMATTEIS
    Plot by CAPTCLEGHORN
    Art by BRENDAN MCCARTHY
    Book 2: “WHO IS JOHN GALT?”
    Spider-Man deals with the Question, a masked adventurer whom he met while busting up a mugging. It’s an amazingly peaceful meeting and the two part on good terms.
    Peter is later surprised by a gift from Aristotle Rodor, the professor he interviewed with about the prestigious Hub City University. Rodor is giving him two tickets to see Lorelei Circe, the Siren, at Citi Field as thanks for taking the interview. Pete, being a fairly intelligent young man, asks one of his crushes, Mary Jane Watson to accompany him to the show. The tickets are a corporate perc of working for Hub City U and Rodor wanted to impress young Parker. Pete and MJ are there with reporter Vic Sage, in NYC for business. In truth, Vic suspects the Siren of no good and her special effects “Master of Illusion”, going by the street name Mysterio, also raises concerns. Mysterio supposedly has the power to make you believe anything is happening and Siren supposedly can command you merely by using her voice.
    Did we mention Pete is Spider-Man and Vic is the Question and neither one knows who the other is? Zany hijinks will arise, especially when Pete’s Spidey-Sense goes off.
    And now, here is the development that could break the internet. Are Professor Aristotle Rodor and Aunt May an item? Will this be called #TAY or #MOT? Perhaps the interwebs will provide a better hashtag.

SONS OF DITKO #2 (crossover between DC Next Dawn and AOM-NU)
    Written by Mark Russell and J.M.DeMatteis
    Plot by CaptCleghorn
    Art by Brendan McCarthy
    Book 2: “Who Is John Galt?”
    Vic’s quest to find out what Rex Graine is doing has gone slowly. It’s clear that there is some vengeful action planned, but beyond that, nothing is clear. Vic’s also wondering what the real motivations of the mysterious “Spider-Man” are? A super-powered man just out to stop crimes? Seems like a comic book.
    Vic has a back-up goal for his NY trip. The notorious and prominent singer/performer/entrepreneur Lorelei Circe, better known to Planet Earth as The Siren is in NYC for a concert and Tot has tickets which he gave the kid two of, leaving one for Vic to use to investigate the singer behind the scenes. The presence of the disreputable figure known only as Mysterio is handling special effects for the concert which raises Vic’s suspicions even more. Mysterio is considered the master of illusion and can make people believe they are seeing anything and Siren is said to control men’s minds. This is certainly a threat that needs to be stopped.
    As for why Tot’s not at the concert, he’s visiting Peter Parker’s (the kid interviewed last issue) aunt and guardian May Parker. And Tot’s bringing flowers. Roses.

If you remember the inspiration this next one, you really need to start thinking about when to start collecting Social Security. The Halloween specials are a place where we can write story solicits and use creator who have passed. I decide the the big first "crossover" between Marvel and DC was worth celebrating. If you're still unaware, google "Rutland Parade".

First, it's NOT a ripoff, it's a "homage".

Second, it's not a crossover, at least not that lawyers could prove.

Third, it's been exactly fifty years since the Wein/Conway/Englehart stories.

Finally, can there be any other Comic Book Halloween story?

“110 MILES FROM CLEGHORN”
    Halloween 2022 Marvel Story
    Written by Len Wein
    Plot by CaptCleghorn
    Art by Ross Andru
    Rutland, VT has a Halloween parade every year. This year is somewhat important as it’s the 50th anniversary of an unofficial crossover between Marvel and DC Comics where the writers of certain series wrote themselves into their stories that month and were given a degree of fame for that. The surviving creators have been made honorary marshals of this year’s event. Travelling up from his home in Massachusetts is a fan-fic writer with a costume he hasn’t really worn in decades. Not only has the costume not stood up with progress, but it’s actually gone downhill with age. At least he won’t get stuck giving out candy this year.
    Peter Parker has been given an assignment by J. Jonah Jameson, head honcho of the Daily Bugle website. In Jonah’s exact words, “Parker, get your @$$ to Rutland and get me some video of those freaks dressing up like that terrorist Spider-Man and their blasted parade!” So, Pete, MJ, Gwen, and Flash jump into the $#!+box rental Jameson sprung for and make the drive to Vermont. Pete uses an old Spidey suit to cosplay. MJ and Gwen go as Black Widow and Captain Marvel while Flash pulls off an amazing Daniel Craig Bond look.
    Naturally, this is the night criminals dressed in costume decide to pillage businesses while everyone is in a noticeably different state. Can our hero stop the crimes, protect his identity, impress Gwen and MJ, and deal with the weirdo from Cleghorn? And will Flash finally get his dream threeway with Gwen and MJ? Yeah, the book must be bought for you to find out, pilgrim. Happy Halloween!

Halloween 2022 DC Next Dawn Story
    Written by Len Wein
    Plot by CaptCleghorn
    Art by Dick Dillin
    “The 110 Miles from Cleghorn Hap”

Rutland, VT has a Halloween parade with a superhero every year. This year is somewhat important as it’s the 50th anniversary of an unofficial crossover between Marvel and DC Comics where the writers of certain series wrote themselves into their stories that month and were given a small degree of fame for that. The surviving creators have been made honorary marshals of this year’s event. Also, travelling up from his home in Massachusetts is a fan-fic writer with a costume he hasn’t really worn in decades. Not only has the costume not stood up with progress, but it’s actually gone downhill with age. At least he won’t get stuck giving out candy this year.

In Toronto, Thal Chayara has been given her first international CHECKMATE# assignment. Readings from the small Vermont, US city of Rutland show that the periodic Halloween nexuses not seen in decades appear ready to reappear this year. Concerned that this is an opportunity for alien beings from other planets and dimensions to come to Earth, Amanda Waller asks (asks, that’s funny, as if anyone would ever say “no” to the Wall) Thal and Carrie Kelley to go to Rutland on Halloween night and attend their Halloween parade loaded with cosplayers and other costumed people. Pay attention for surprises, ghosts, and plenty of Easter Eggs as this is going to be an education in the weirder aspects of Earth society for our Thanagrian hero.
    Happy Halloween!

Here we go with som DC Next dawn covers I am proud of.

The first is part of a Gotham history run Exciter (Thanks!) started up. I got to put Bruce's Great Grandfather up against nazis wanting to have a followup to the MSG rally on hitler's 50th birthday. I added a few villains in that may have fit nicely in with the national socialist psychopaths. The coolest part of the cover was finding a retro-looking Mr.Freeze picture with George Sanders who also was in the 1939 movie Confessions of a nazi Spy which also featured George Sanders. The Edward G Robinson picture was from that movie poster.

DETECTIVE COMICS #25
    Writers SEAN MCARDLE (Fuhrer and The Tramp) & STEPHANIE PHILLIPS (We Only Kill Each Other)
    Artist ELSA CHARRETIER (November)
    Plotter: CAPTCLEGHORN (nothing in particular)
    “Batman Year Negative 64”
    Bruce Wayne continues his analysis of his amazing and powerful family history. In February of 1939, the German American Bund held a rally at New York’s Madison Square Garden. Although 20,000 attended, it gathered almost no additional support for their pro-nazi platform. The actual nazis refused them permission to use the swastika.
    Plan B was to have a second rally in Gotham City, on April 20, 1939, hitler’s 50th birthday. Three individuals took the lead in planning the event. Dr. Art Schival, an Austrian scientist trapped in a condition forcing him to live at extreme subzero temperatures. He was known as Mr, Freeze. A German psychiatrist named Hugo Strang, adjusting his name to Hugo Strange. And perhaps the most dangerous, a large, muscular Amazonian woman known only as Bruno.
    Bruce’s Great-Grandfather Patrick Wayne was one of the family who arguably did the most to build the Wayne fortune. He also helped to support the city through the depression, and he would be damned if nazis were to succeed in Gotham after failing in NYC. But the NYC rally did not have super-villains planning and supporting a seeming legal, even if evil, event.
    64 PGS./ Rated T for Teen Readers...$3.99

If this one doesn't look familiar, you haven't been on social media ever. The hardest part was finding a picture of Cat Grant with that expression and angle.

THE QUESTION #36
    Writer: MARK RUSSELL
    Artist: BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    Plotter: CaptCleghorn
    “Where in the World is Charles Victor Szasz?”
    Part 8: “Hey Vic, Why Don't You Go Back Home?”
    Vic Sage is back in front of the camera after his heart attack in Boston. Producer Cat Grant is trying to serve Vic a ready made show he has very little to physically exert himself on. Vic, however, will have none of that. Cat wants Vic to cover the mysterious mirrored room beneath the intersection of Bowery and Canal as well as what is beneath the isle of Manhattan. She also talks about plans to expand the island even further.
    Vic, on the other hand, wants to focus on the other four boroughs of NYC. “Forget Manhattan” he says. Actually, he says something else, but we can’t use that word in our all ages solicitation. Humoring her temperamental star Cat accompanies Vic to various locations outside of Manhattan. Finding some material, Vic tries to build it up, but the one sight he sees is Myra Fermin, widow to the deceased mayor of Hub City. As readers remember, Myra left right after Wesley’s supposed death and the exposure of a doppleganger double running for Governor.
    Myra’s currently up for a part in a Broadway jukebox musical based on the songs of Lorelei Circe, the Siren. Knowing the singer is in town and that she and Vic have a history, Cat networks with Myra to invite her to appear on the show.
    32 PGS./ Rated M for Mature Readers...$2.99

It's Steranko. Yes, but honestly who else gets ripped off so much compared to a relatively small amount of work? Neither Hawkgrrl nor Amanda Waller care for a woman's butt, as nice as it was, so I used a boy butt. And since it's a DC Next Dawn book, the DC go-go checks made an interesting addition to the Steranko black and white patterns

HAWKGRRL, AGENT OF CHECKMATE# #1
    Written by TOM KING
    Art by TULA LOTAY
    Plot by CAPTCLEGHORN
    “THE NUMBER ONE WITH A BULLET HAP”
    At last! Hawkgrrl gets her own magazine! Rent free! Well, PArent free as Next Dawn is happily collecting its cut of the profits. We continue off from the events of the legendary Hawkworld graphic novel. Wait, you haven’t read it? Ummm, oh yeah, it’s out next month as there are other surprises in it that need to be kept under wraps. Anyway…
    Thal Chayara has gone through the rites of adulthood in Thanagarian society and has taken her grownup name. She is an agent for the espionage agency Checkmate# (it’s NOT a hashtag, it’s the symbol used in chess score keeping indicating a move causing mate). She is also attending classes at the University of Toronto in whatever spare time she has. Thal uses the name Cheryl “Cher” Thomas when in her new secret identity.
    Thal’s primary focus at Checkmate# is alien incursions. When those issues aren’t active, she often finds herself assigned to a Venom drug case as she is this issue with investigating a smuggling route across Lake Ontario. It’s Thal and her senior partner Carrie Kelley versus drug smugglers.
    32 PGs./Rated T+ …$2.99

Me and some people with talent do this every month and any of you can come by to the pinned threads in the Marvel or DC sections and make purchases. There is no real money involved, it's just picking the books you'd want to read based on their solicitations.