Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Definitely skeptical they'll carry on with the video game now.

Hmm, guess if this is true then after Historia #3 that it'll probably be it for DC media I follow.
    It’s already in dev so I think it’s safe. They’re cancelling this before it even gets started.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Why would they cancel the game? Its unrelated to the movies.
    I've mainly been skeptical since Batgirl getting canned and Gunn and others comments about making all DC projects being part of one universe/project.

I don't think it's as doom and gloom as some of you are making it out to be. Yes, it sucks VERY much if we don't get an actual Gadot-led Wonder Woman 3. But I don't think WB is foolish enough to completely shelve the brand. We will definitely get more Wonder Woman, just under different creative hands. I don't have a ton of faith in Gunn, but I'd imagine he would be able to find someone suitable to fill Patti Jenkins' shoes.

Hopefully we can get more experimental stuff like a Historia film or Nubia. I dunno, I'm torn on the news in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s already in dev so I think it’s safe. They’re cancelling this before it even gets started.
    Video games get canceled all the time well into development. But I think WW will be safe. I really hope so anyway.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I don't think it's as doom and gloom as some of you are making it out to be. Yes, it sucks VERY much if we don't get an actual Gadot-led Wonder Woman 3. But I don't think WB is foolish enough to completely shelve the brand. We will definitely get more Wonder Woman, just under different creative hands. I don't have a ton of faith in Gunn, but I'd imagine he would be able to find someone suitable to fill Patti Jenkins' shoes.

Hopefully we can get more experimental stuff like a Historia film or Nubia. I dunno, I'm torn on the news in general.
    This is where I'm at. I wasn't crazy about the direction of the WW mythos in the DCEU as it was, but I loved Gadot in the role and I would have at least liked to see Jenkins finish her story. The first film was great and the second one still had some bright spots.

Now we enter into fear of the unknown. Will we get more faithful content to stuff like Marston, Perez, Rucka and Historia? Or will they ditch the good stuff from the films and double down on Daddy Zeus, etc?

There will definitely be another WW, it just will be a rebooted take. My guess is that the next WW will debut in the modern age as opposed to debuting in WWI or WWII. I’m expecting things to take a lot of influence from the DCAU and 80s/90s comics since Gunn doesn’t seem to care all that much about the A-Listers.
    Video games get canceled all the time well into development. But I think WW will be safe. I really hope so anyway.
    I know but I don’t think WB wants to eat another loss if they don’t have to right now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

80s and 90s? Well then they better use Perez run as a source of inspiration for the next movie.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Any chance Gunn would be open to bringing in the likes of Rucka, DeConnick, Simone and/or Jimenez to consult on directions for WW? We managed to get a good first movie out of Jenkins, Heinberg and Johns, but 2/3 of that didn't have a stellar track record from the comics.

Getting Morrison on speed dial for Superman would also be a plus.

Incredible Member

I find this to be horrific news. I don't trust Gunn, in general, and I especially don't trust him with female characters. Wonder Woman with Jenkins and Gadot was already looking to target 2025 at the earliest, but with a full reboot, who knows when this new Wonder Woman will launch. I also don't trust that Gunn would prioritize the Wonder Woman film and brand, and I don't want his childish, potty-mouth humor infecting the Wonder Woman brand.

Regardless of what happens to the DCU movie verse moving forward, I would love to just finish the Wonder Woman trilogy. There's only one movie left, the Reeves Battverse is already by itself so a standalone Wonder Woman movie can't be too confusing to audiences, and realistically, I can't imagine the new DCU movie verse launching until 2025. Give us one last Wonder Woman movie with Gadot and Jenkins.

Just terrible, terrible news.

Maybe they keep Gadot even if they reboot and kick Jenkins off?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Maybe they keep Gadot even if they reboot and kick Jenkins off?
    The Hollywood Reporter specifically says they want to be done with the Snyderverse cast. Some may continue in new roles, like Momoa as Lobo, but you won’t see anyone else carry over as they were.

As someone who thinks the "Snyderverse" should've been smothered in its birthing chamber, I still can't see any of this as anything other than the WB continuing to flop and flail. Like I'm trying hard to find the silver lining in all this and I just feel like it's simply adding yet another layer on top of the continuing fustercluck pile.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Or will they ditch the good stuff from the films and double down on Daddy Zeus, etc?
    On the other hand, if they really do want to distance themselves from the old canon, maybe they reverse course on daddy Zeus entirely and go back to the classic origin? Hope springs eternal, etc. I can't imagine they want to retread the origin so soon again with the Jenkins origin so fresh for everyone, but then again, there are a lot of decisions that WB corporate have made that I couldn't have imagined lol.

Gadot as Circe in a few years would be kinda kewl.

If they're totally rebooting...fine. I wanted the completed trilogy of Gal's run, but if they want to reboot I get it. But by god if they do reboot and just oversaturate with Batman and Suicide Squad **** I'll lose it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im fine with rebooting the franchise....after they finish the trilogy.

The fact that WW has been as successful as she has for WB, they just throw her away just like that? WB gave Patty or the WW franchise ZERO spin offs, zero animated series, they literally paid her dust.

Gunn though....gets to spin off Peacemaker after TSS. Matt Reeves is given numerous spin-offs that are in development.

That's some bullshit right there.