Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    If there is any good to come out of this mess, I would like it to be a modern day origin story.

Though it's just as equally possible to me that they keep the "she's been around for 100 years fighting in various wars" because for some reason someone really wants Diana to be like Wolverine.
    I'll never get some people's infactuation with that, specially when paired up with the "oh, and all this time she did nothing and/or the world remianed the same".

To me, it's like starting Superman's character arc only he's Kingdom Come Superman and he's been isolated and depressed with humanity for years. WHy?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    I'll never get some people's infactuation with that, specially when paired up with the "oh, and all this time she did nothing and/or the world remianed the same".

To me, it's like starting Superman's character arc only he's Kingdom Come Superman and he's been isolated and depressed with humanity for years. WHy?
    I mean, look at how DCEU Batman went straight DKR with none of the context of what he used to be like that made DKR work at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post

I'm not all that interested in Diana being a 100 years old or more, but that doesn't have to mean she's depressed or isolated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I mean, look at how DCEU Batman went straight DKR with none of the context of what he used to be like that made DKR work at the time.
    DKR was a self contained continuity. It's context was another comic universe.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    DKR was a self contained continuity. It's context was another comic universe.
    I believe it was originally conceived to be a possible future for then-canon Batman. Stuff like his conflict with Superman has impact because the Silver age Worlds Finest stuff was the norm before that and was understood to be in their history. DKR getting its own fleshed out universe happened later, after the original work has the big impact from turning the perception of the canon mainstream Batman on his head.

It's why using it as an inspiration for a Batman establishing a new ongoing continuity is questionable, and lifting actual dialogue from it is nonsensical given the new context

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    True. It was a bizarre place for this characters to start their journeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not all that interested in Diana being a 100 years old or more, but that doesn't have to mean she's depressed or isolated.
    She was that (more or less) in BvS (and by extension the rest of the movies in that universe which inherited that canon) Which frankly? In a way, I get it. It makes logical and emotional sense for someone as idealistic as Wonder Woman to feel disenchanted after years of trying to change the world for the better and failing at that because you obviosly need the world to resemble our own. She's not going to be cheery and nonchalant (because she'd look pretty unheroic) about it so you kinda have to invent a reason for why her efforts didn't pan out.

Hence my point, don't start her movies with her already having been in Patriarch's World for a 100 years.