Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    You could also say that Gunn would be stupid to make a third Wonder Woman movie given the garbage that we got with WW84.

Of course, if he gets rid of the reasons why it was bad and starts fresh for a third one, that is a different story.
    Well, it seems like he got rid of those reasons (Jenkins and Johns) already

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Based on what? Blu-ray sales? Honestly, I don't know whether in terms of money you can say the movie was a success. How many subscribers did HboMax take in, and how many of those subscribers got that first month free just to watch the movie and then get rid of the service?

And...did WW84 do well with regards to the general movie going audience wanting to see more from this director for a third movie? Based on people that have seen the movie (close friends), I would say no. They would rather wait for it to be on free TV like TNT or TBS than go to it in the movie theatres. In general, I feel that this is a very poorly regarded sequel to a great 1st installment.

I personally want to see another WW movie with Gal in it. While far from being the WW that I would have wanted, she should be able to finish up the 'trilogy'. I just want Patty's interaction with a third movie to be as limited as she was with the WW2017. And get a better stunt/action choreographer!

Based on the facts.

84 was the BEST home media sales in 2021.

Got HBO MAX 4.5 million subscribers.

Was the #1 streamed movie when it came out

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Well, it seems like he got rid of those reasons (Jenkins and Johns) already
    That isn't the way I read the article. I thought he just passed on the script that Jenkins and Johns wrote, not necessarily taking away directorial duties from Patty if they go forward with her and Gal for a 3rd movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    Again…Geoff Johns provided a blueprint to create a hard reboot that homages Jenkins Wonder Woman but can easily go to a new direction
    Geoff Johns should absolutely not be the blueprint for anything regarding Wonder Woman.

And any movie reboot certainly does not need another World War setting, or the JSA grafted onto her. We definitely don't need to do the "walked away from mankind" bit again and certainly not because she lost her boyfriend again. And friggin' Justice League should not be the reason she becomes happy again.
    No. Just no.

You know, between Snyder, Whedon, Johns, the fact Jenkins apparently learned no lessons from WW84, Gadot's limits as an actress, and just the general failure of Warner as a whole...it really is a small miracle we got even one good Wonder Woman movie out of this clown car.

And, sadly, it's probably never going to get better.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Based on the facts.

84 was the BEST home media sales in 2021.

Got HBO MAX 4.5 million subscribers.

Was the #1 streamed movie when it came out
    We don't know if WW84 got all those subscribers by her lonesome, but let's say the movie did. How many of these free month trial subscribers left before their month was up?

And based on all these facts, did WW84 get back its money if the estimated budget was $200million knowing that movies need to typically make double that back at a minimum before a profit gets made?

Just doing a google search, "Wonder Woman 1984 grossed $46.8 million in the United States and Canada and $122.8 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $169.6 million.[5] In January 2021, The Hollywood Reporter wrote that the film would likely lose the studio "north of $100 million."

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Geoff Johns should absolutely not be the blueprint for anything regarding Wonder Woman.

And any movie reboot certainly does not need another World War setting, or the JSA grafted onto her. We definitely don't need to do the "walked away from mankind" bit again and certainly not because she lost her boyfriend again. And friggin' Justice League should not be the reason she becomes happy again.
    No. Just no.

You know, between Snyder, Whedon, Johns, the fact Jenkins apparently learned no lessons from WW84, Gadot's limits as an actress, and just the general failure of Warner as a whole...it really is a small miracle we got even one good Wonder Woman movie out of this clown car.

And, sadly, it's probably never going to get better.
    Where is it stated that Patty didn't learn her lesson,?

I like that we're once again ignoring the movie being released in the middle of a global pandemic.

Where is it stated that Patty didn't learn her lesson,?
    I'd call co-writing with Geoff Johns again a pretty big red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I like that we're once again ignoring the movie being released in the middle of a global pandemic.
    People with an ax to grind against WW84 are going to grind it--again and again--no matter what.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

100000%. I don't think anyone can say for sure that WW1984 would be a box office success or failure. It's impossible to know and silly to speculate.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    People with an ax to grind against WW84 are going to grind it--again and again--no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    100000%. I don't think anyone can say for sure that WW1984 would be a box office success or failure. It's impossible to know and silly to speculate.
    Agreed. The hyperbole about how "bad" WW84 is is ridiculous.

Zaslav said that that WW was a big brand for them so i would expect them to be fast tracking development on a reboot if it was decided to end the first volume of movies. But it's WB so...who knows.

But those conversations also should've been addressed with current teams. Patty wasting time on a script when they want to reboot is not a good look and they've already pissed off plenty of talent
    This happens all the time in the industry, its not that big a deal.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

A lot of media was releaced during the pandemic.... this didn't change the overall quality/direction of the film.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Allan Heinberg was always the secret sauce and once it was announced he wasn’t returning for 84, I knew there was going to be issues.

I still do not understand how he wasn’t brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    Agreed. The hyperbole about how "bad" WW84 is is ridiculous.
    Absolutely. Some of the comments I've read about WW84 act like it's the worst movie they've ever seen and I'm like... are you for real? It's not even close to being the worst DCEU film even, let alone all films. I mean... worse than Freddy Got Fingered???

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    Allan Heinberg was always the secret sauce and once it was announced he wasn’t return for 84 I knew there was going to be trouble.

I still do not understand how he wasn’t brought back.
    I think Jenkins got a bit egotistical and didn't recognize the fact that Heinberg was the secret sauce, wanting all the credit for herself. Pretty shitty that her answer was to turn to Geoff Johns of all people. Blegh.

ALSO: Where is that STUNNING Black Widow avatar artwork from? I'm obsessed.