Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    My dream team for another Wonder Woman movie would be Gina Prince-Bythewood and Greg Rucka. Coincidentally, Rucka is currently writing a screenplay for a movie starring Gal Gadot. Though I'd prefer a hard reboot with a new actress. Gal did good, but there's just too much baggage attached to this version of the character.
    Oh man, a full reboot/recast led by Gina Prince-Bythewood and Rucka would be an absolute dream come true. I'd take one with Gal as well, but I'd really want them to start totally fresh.

I'm curious to know if in the event of a hard reboot WB would want them to do another origin film. I wouldn't want a rehash when the last origin story is in such recent memory, but I also would want them to be able to reset the lore (including establishing the clay origin...wishful thinking, maybe, but it would be great). Maybe there's some way to do it elegantly in the context of a later-career story? Godwatch could be a good starting story to adapt but I do wish they'd go with a more explicitly mythological/Amazons-focused story for the next one, since they haven't had a chance to do that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    If they go hard reboot…Geoff Johns ideas might have a use afterall

Specifically his ideas of making her connected to the JSA
    PLEASE no...

It seems Gunn didn't kill Wonder Woman 3.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-films-james-g...-woman-3-fate/

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    If they go hard reboot…Geoff Johns ideas might have a use afterall

Specifically his ideas of making her connected to the JSA
    How about we use actual Wonder Woman writers who left an actual positive impact on Wonder Woman, lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    My dream team for another Wonder Woman movie would be Gina Prince-Bythewood and Greg Rucka. Coincidentally, Rucka is currently writing a screenplay for a movie starring Gal Gadot. Though I'd prefer a hard reboot with a new actress. Gal did good, but there's just too much baggage attached to this version of the character.
    She'd be my pick for a prestige Historia adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    She'd be my pick for a prestige Historia adaptation.
    In my wildest dreams they'd start a reboot with an epic Historia movie (written or at least heavily advised by Kelly Sue, and Prince-Bythewood would be an amazing director for it) that serves as a prequel and establishes the new mythos. Once that was done they could time-skip to Diana already active in man's world. From a creative perspective it'd make an amazing fantasy film and from a business perspective it'd make the recast less jarring to the audience without putting the whole franchise on hold.

My preferred Historia adaptation would actually be an animated adaptation. Mimic the different artists for each book with a new art style for each section.

It'd require a budget and a passion for WW that goes beyond "Warrior Woman", so that would automatically exclude DC's Animation house.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-09-2022 at 10:34 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    My preferred Historia adaptation would actually be an animated adaptation. Mimic the different artists for each book with a new art style for each section.

It'd require a budget and an a passion for WW, so that would automatically exclude DC's Animation house.
    Do you think WB would ever license adaptations like that one? Or maybe a less DC dependent branch of WB could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    In my wildest dreams they'd start a reboot with an epic Historia movie (written or at least heavily advised by Kelly Sue, and Prince-Bythewood would be an amazing director for it) that serves as a prequel and establishes the new mythos. Once that was done they could time-skip to Diana already active in man's world. From a creative perspective it'd make an amazing fantasy film and from a business perspective it'd make the recast less jarring to the audience without putting the whole franchise on hold.
    That'd be great to me, though admittedly from a business perspective you risk setting the bar too high for what's going to come after haha (and starting with a very different tone/genre from what you'll make later).
    Last edited by Zagre; 12-09-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Technically they have a deal with Amazon for animation so maybe they will throw more movie to Dc animation.

So it seems they still want Gal to play Diana

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...ts/ar-AA155ACo

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    ETA: I just read the article that clarifies/explains details as to why WW was shelved. Yikes, Patty. Yikes

https://www.thewrap.com/wonder-woman...ally-happened/
    According to one insider, Jenkins refused and let De Luca and Abdy “know that they were wrong, that they didn’t understand her, didn’t understand the character, didn’t understand character arcs and didn’t understand what Jenkins was trying to do.”

To underscore her point, according to the first insider, Jenkins sent an email to De Luca that ended with a link to the Wikipedia definition of “character arc.”
    Patty pulled a Billy

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Sounds like jenkins learned nothing from ww84. But it is funny to hear gunn say ''but we can promise everything we do is done in the service of the STORY & in the service of the DC CHARACTERS we know you cherish and we have cherished our whole lives.” LOL. Trackrecord doesn't look like DC/WB have cherished Wonder Woman that much throughout the years.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Let's not completely dismiss her skills as a filmmaker.
    I don't have issue with her as a filmmaker, I just think WW got a huge boost because there finally was a female-led superhero film and the surrounding hype was enough to mask some of the movie's weakness. I enjoyed the movie, but when I compare it to a lot of other superhero origin films it doesn't stand out other than that it's Wonder WOMAN instead of Wonder Dude (I feel similarly about Black Panther).

It was Patty that got rid of Zack's stunt/choreograph/VFX team and Allen Heinberg as co-writer... and then bragged about how much better she was at understanding Diana, co-writing the script with Johns and getting full creative controll in the second film... she doesn't have the best decision making tbh.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I never said it was the only thing she'd written or had involvement with. I did say that I did not like the movie, and as a result, I would prefer Rucka or Jimenez be the people to act as advisors to WWIII.
    Me too.

I'll take a reboot and a recast as long as I get more Wonder Woman. This was too juicy not to post here.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I don't have issue with her as a filmmaker, I just think WW got a huge boost because there finally was a female-led superhero film and the surrounding hype was enough to mask some of the movie's weakness. I enjoyed the movie, but when I compare it to a lot of other superhero origin films it doesn't stand out other than that it's Wonder WOMAN instead of Wonder Dude (I feel similarly about Black Panther).
    Let's not get that carried away. Only Donner's Superman and Raimi's Spider-Man hold up with Wonder Woman and Black Panther as the best superhero origin films.

I am so saddened by these new details. If they are accurate, my only thinking is, "Why, Patty? Why???"

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Let's not get that carried away. Only Donner's Superman and Raimi's Spider-Man hold up with Wonder Woman and Black Panther as the best superhero origin films.
    I completely agree. People seem to forget how widely acclaimed WW was.
    I am sure that the hunger for a female-led successful CBM was a factor in the overall reception of Jenkins first WW, but the storytelling, writing, and character work in the film were top notch, in my opinion. To me, it is what makes WW84 such a painfully disappointing movie.

My top five superhero OG stories are
    1-WW/SUPERMAN tie
    2-Black Panther
    3-Spider-Man
    4-Shazam
    5-Aquaman/Captain Marvel tie
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 12-10-2022 at 01:57 AM.