Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Woooow… I am shocked.

The only upside I’m seeing at the moment is the potential for a reboot with a clay origin.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Any chance Gunn would be open to bringing in the likes of Rucka, DeConnick, Simone and/or Jimenez to consult on directions for WW? We managed to get a good first movie out of Jenkins, Heinberg and Johns, but 2/3 of that didn't have a stellar track record from the comics.

Getting Morrison on speed dial for Superman would also be a plus.
    They would probably have a better idea of what to do with her than Gunn has.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They would probably have a better idea of what to do with her than Gunn has.
    I mean that was true with WB management before Gunn also so...
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-07-2022 at 08:16 PM.

The only small silver lining I see in this is apparently the script was indeed co-written by Geoff Johns, so we dodged that nitwit's influence again.

But I have zero hope for Wonder Woman's cinematic future. Frankly, I'll be shocked if she even gets another solo movie again, and I cannot fathom James Gunn having a good sense of what to do with her. He only cares about D-listers and misfit characters. Diana will only exist to be the humorless den mother who gets mocked.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Hollywood Reporter specifically says they want to be done with the Snyderverse cast. Some may continue in new roles, like Momoa as Lobo, but you won’t see anyone else carry over as they were.
    This is really good news if true. Snyder was so off brand. This move and the thought of a full recasting is making me really excited.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I posted this elsewhere but obviously it's relevant here, so here it goes...

This article is pretty confusing in that it says repeatedly that Gunn and Safran are keeping things really close to the vest and things are fluid, but Gadot, Cavill, and Mamoa are definitely out and we're likely heading for a full blown reboot that somehow still involves Pattison's Batman and Phoenix's Joker?

First off, if I were Cavill I would tell WB to f-off and sign on for a huge role with Marvel. That poor dude has done nothing but express his love and desire to continue playing Superman, and WB keeps screwing him over.

Second, I can see why WB would want to move on from Jenkins' WW, even if I don't necessarily agree with it. The 2nd movie was a mixed bag but its release was handled so poorly that it didn't even really have a chance. The first movie was also the first truly successful non-Batman film WB produced since Superman II, so you think there would be some desire to let the trilogy play out. But again, I get it, especially in trying to follow the 2nd film. And if Jenkins and Johns turned in a script that was similar to the second film, then it's probably for the best.

Third, how can they already decide Momoa is out as Aquaman when his first movie made A BILLION dollars with mostly average reviews and they haven't even released the 2nd one yet? Will that still hold true if the second Aquaman makes another billion? That makes zero sense.

Fourth, if the plan is still to continue with Joker and The Batman franchises, then it to me this is already a lost battle. I understand why they want to continue both franchises based on the money they made but continuing with them is 100% counter to a cohesive, singular direction for the DC film universe. And to be honest, didn't really think either movie was blow-away amazing.

Last but not least...I really liked Shazam. For me, it was the best DC film to come out of the Snyderverse. It feels now like once the sequel is released, that will be it. And that's a damn shame.

But honestly, a total reboot is probably for the best and something I've been advocating for a year or so. I just can't see them pulling it off especially if a) The Batman and Joker franchises continue; and b) Gunn wants to keep his Suicide Squad universe in-tact.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The only upside to rebooting Aquaman is getting miles as far away as possible from Amber Heard. Otherwise, there doesn't need to be a complete reboot. Cavill, Momoa and most especially Gadot can work within whatever framework they are building (as can Levi and of course The Rock.) I adored Gadot as Wonder Woman and feel she could do an amazing job with a strong script, she's proven she can do it. Same with Cavill.

Still funny WW only got one direct-to-DVD movie after the success of her live-action movie while Harley, the star of multiple critically reviled and/or financial bombs, got pushed the to the moon.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-07-2022 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Still funny WW only one direct-to-DVD movie after the success of her live-action movie while Harley, the star of multiple critically reviled and/or financial bombs, got pushed the to the moon.
    And with Gunn it's probable that still continues.

Well, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Back to square one: Superman and Batman will continue getting an endless number of reboots and films and TV animated shows and all that (regardless of how badly some of them flop or not), while Wonder Woman wll NOT get the same courtesy the boys get. Sucks, but I am not shocked. Say what you want about WW1984, but if that were a film about one of the male members of the Trinity, it would not matter. They would still get more chances. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. I got a great WW film that I loved, and I even got a second film that was flawed but gave me another chance to see Gal in action as my favorite superhero of all time. Frankly, as much as I enjoyed The Suicide Squad, I have no interest in a Gunn-led DCU that will most likely be all about white male characters, which is pretty much what we've always had. Especially if most of those characters might be the same type of characters that Gunn seem to enjoy: Lobo, Batman-related weirdos, Harley Quinn-adjacent people, and kill-happy oddballs. I was hoping that in a sea of those, we would still get the big guns that care about heroism (like Diana), but I guess not.

Can't say I'm surprised. Honestly, I blame Jenkins almost as much as Zaslav and Gunn. You shouldn't wait so long before making a sequel in a franchise as unstable as DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised. Honestly, I blame Jenkins almost as much as Zaslav and Gunn. You shouldn't wait so long before making a sequel in a franchise as unstable as DCEU.
    In fairness the movie was completely finished just 2 years after the first one. WB wanted to release it in the summer and then it got oft-delayed due to Covid-19.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    In fairness the movie was completely finished just 2 years after the first one. WB wanted to release it in the summer and then it got oft-delayed due to Covid-19.
    I mean a sequel to WW1984.

Guys a lot of news has come in and out and nothing 100% after all one article said the script wasn't right for that new universe and not that Gal was out. So so who knows

Harley Quinn only gets the push since she still part of Batman lore. So that's why they push her not because she is solo but she is still tied to one clown and bat
    After all Janes Gunn said wait until he says something
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-07-2022 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I mean a sequel to WW1984.
    Oh sorry! Misunderstood.