Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

If I were to reboot Wonder Woman on the big screen

I would look to Geoff Johns recent attempts to tie Wonder Woman to the justice society and make a movie about their adventures during the Second World War

Rebooting both franchises in one fell swoop

You can even make a whole JSA trilogy centered on Diana’s adventures ending with the end of the Second World War and the death of Steve Trevor

Causing her to abandon man’s world

And leading into her modern day adventures with Barbara Anne Minerva whose a new love interest to Diana

Whose relationship for one reason or another falls apart, leading to Barbara becoming cheetah

Which causes her to feel lonelier than ever till she meets the justice league and creates a wonder family

This literally Writes itself

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    They both wrote for the first movie as well and whether you like it or not, it was very successful.
    The screenplay for the 1st movie was by Allan Heinberg, not Jenkins/Johns.

I'm very surprised by the news and I'm guessing it's not just Patty - Gal's tweet was kind of cryptic but with the context it reads as "I'm out" to me. Very mixed feelings about it. I think a hard reboot is necessary across the board, I have a lot of issues with the lore changes in DCEU's WW, and I think Gal is a poor actress, but I was curious to hear what they had cooking. I thought maybe they'd be able to redeem themselves with a movie more focused on the Amazons, but if it was the same screenwriting duo as WW84 I'm pretty glad there's enough quality control in place to put the kibosh on it.

I'll only really be able to sort out my feelings once we get word on the road ahead and she'll probably be one of the top priorities in a hard reboot along with Superman so hopefully we know sooner rather than later. But Gunn is enough of a fan of the comics to know who's who, and just sayin' Greg Rucka's been doing a lot of screenwriting these days...

I also don't think this will impact the video game.

Incredible Member

I doubt we’ll get another WW solo film as it seems peoples speculation that Gunn doesn’t really have any interest in the character is probably correct. I wonder if it’s the case as some have indicated on here in the past that we won’t get any female led superhero films that if female characters feature it will be as part of a team with men.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I doubt we’ll get another WW solo film as it seems peoples speculation that Gunn doesn’t really have any interest in the character is probably correct. I wonder if it’s the case as some have indicated on here in the past that we won’t get any female led superhero films that if female characters feature it will be as part of a team with men.
    Gunn would be stupid not to make another WW movie after how successful the first one was.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Gunn would be stupid not to make another WW movie after how successful the first one was.
    Assuming it's up to him.

Spectacular Member

Making a Wonder Woman movie=/=making a jenkin’s Wonder Woman movie

Again…Geoff Johns provided a blueprint to create a hard reboot that homages Jenkins Wonder Woman but can easily go to a new direction

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    If I were to reboot Wonder Woman on the big screen

I would look to Geoff Johns recent attempts to tie Wonder Woman to the justice society and make a movie about their adventures during the Second World War

Rebooting both franchises in one fell swoop

You can even make a whole JSA trilogy centered on Diana’s adventures ending with the end of the Second World War and the death of Steve Trevor

Causing her to abandon man’s world

And leading into her modern day adventures with Barbara Anne Minerva whose a new love interest to Diana

Whose relationship for one reason or another falls apart, leading to Barbara becoming cheetah

Which causes her to feel lonelier than ever till she meets the justice league and creates a wonder family

This literally Writes itself
    I think we have seen more than enough evidence that Johns and Wonder Woman does not make for a good combination.

Extraordinary Member

So this happening and her being removed from earth prime as Wonder Woman again!!!!

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

You could also say that Gunn would be stupid to make a third Wonder Woman movie given the garbage that we got with WW84.

Of course, if he gets rid of the reasons why it was bad and starts fresh for a third one, that is a different story.

For me it is sad news, because it implies that we may not have a WW live action for a long time.
    Personally, I don't really like what James Gunn does, as for his DCU vision, we don't know what he has planned, but if his path is Peacemaker, Lobo and Harley Quinn, my faith in him is very, very low.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Video games get canceled all the time well into development. But I think WW will be safe. I really hope so anyway.
    I think the videogame itself is safe as long as the developer continues forward, I doubt Gunn or anybody from the film division will try to interfere with that, even though they've saying they want everything to be "connected". Videogames are a very different medium anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    You could also say that Gunn would be stupid to make a third Wonder Woman movie given the garbage that we got with WW84.

Of course, if he gets rid of the reasons why it was bad and starts fresh for a third one, that is a different story.
    Even WW84 did well despite the controversy surrounding it, as I recall.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Zaslav said that that WW was a big brand for them so i would expect them to be fast tracking development on a reboot if it was decided to end the first volume of movies. But it's WB so...who knows.

But those conversations also should've been addressed with current teams. Patty wasting time on a script when they want to reboot is not a good look and they've already pissed off plenty of talent

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    For me it is sad news, because it implies that we may not have a WW live action for a long time.
    Personally, I don't really like what James Gunn does, as for his DCU vision, we don't know what he has planned, but if his path is Peacemaker, Lobo and Harley Quinn, my faith in him is very, very low.
    Ditto my Friend!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even WW84 did well despite the controversy surrounding it, as I recall.
    Based on what? Blu-ray sales? Honestly, I don't know whether in terms of money you can say the movie was a success. How many subscribers did HboMax take in, and how many of those subscribers got that first month free just to watch the movie and then get rid of the service?

And...did WW84 do well with regards to the general movie going audience wanting to see more from this director for a third movie? Based on people that have seen the movie (close friends), I would say no. They would rather wait for it to be on free TV like TNT or TBS than go to it in the movie theatres. In general, I feel that this is a very poorly regarded sequel to a great 1st installment.

I personally want to see another WW movie with Gal in it. While far from being the WW that I would have wanted, she should be able to finish up the 'trilogy'. I just want Patty's interaction with a third movie to be as limited as she was with the WW2017. And get a better stunt/action choreographer!