Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Long as Patty Jenkins doesn't have complete creative control, I'm fine.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Long as Patty Jenkins doesn't have complete creative control, I'm fine.
    Can we get the creative forces behind Black Adam and have them do the action scenes for the movie? There was none of this depowered crap we had to go through in her 2nd movie, and also her blossoming into her powers in the first movie. What a concept, a character that has been known to fly actually flys right from the start, like Shazam or Black Adam.

I want to see her full power and might in her 3rd movie, because she is a comic book character and that is what they do! But they already threw away the goalposts with her jobbing role in Justice League and now promoting Black Adam as the only one that can go head to head with the Man of
    Steel. Way to go, DCEU!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Can we get the creative forces behind Black Adam and have them do the action scenes for the movie? There was none of this depowered crap we had to go through in her 2nd movie, and also her blossoming into her powers in the first movie. What a concept, a character that has been known to fly actually flys right from the start, like Shazam or Black Adam.

I want to see her full power and might in her 3rd movie, because she is a comic book character and that is what they do! But they already threw away the goalposts with her jobbing role in Justice League and now promoting Black Adam as the only one that can go head to head with the Man of
    Steel. Way to go, DCEU!
    As long as that creative team believes that Wonder Woman has that same level of strength, power, speed, etc.

They may feel that way for Black Adam, but not necessarily Diana.

As I have long stated, many people may have heard of WW, but few, whether they are "fans", comic readers, cartoon watchers or even on the DC Staff, truly understand Diana, let alone her persona as Wonder Woman, and all of the Wondrous Powers she possesses.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    As long as that creative team believes that Wonder Woman has that same level of strength, power, speed, etc.

They may feel that way for Black Adam, but not necessarily Diana.

As I have long stated, many people may have heard of WW, but few, whether they are "fans", comic readers, cartoon watchers or even on the DC Staff, truly understand Diana, let alone her persona as Wonder Woman, and all of the Wondrous Powers she possesses.
    Sexism is the reason for that. How come they can remember all the godly powers of ba or shazam. Who are not even well known icons. Yet they can't remember WW's powers?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Sexism is the reason for that. How come they can remember all the godly powers of ba or shazam. Who are not even well known icons. Yet they can't remember WW's powers?
    Yes, there is sexism involved. I am not saying it is not. There is plenty.

There is also the audience, be they kids or adults, who do not understand the simplest of things. They cannot understand a woman standing on a moving Invisible Jet while lassoing a large and heavy object would have high-levels of super powers!

This extends beyond WW. I have heard some say that they did not think Jean Grey was a mutant, dispite being on the cartoon because she did so little and that her power comes from the forehead design on her costume (instead of her brain)!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Spectacular Member

Patty loves lynda TV show so she bases dceu ww solely off of that. Its really all one big tribute to lynda. None of the heroes usually start off flying. They had to learn too. I knew Dwayne would say ba is the most powerful on this planet. He's been waiting on this moment for a decade. Now patty will have to make her possibly much weaker now that we know dceu ww is beneath ba kal el Shazam. I wonder do most ppl know mcu spider & dceu aq has major strength feats above ww? Never thought I'd see the day. I've heard that Geoff johns guy doesn't like ww and writes her horribly bad. I can tell by the last movie.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Patty loves lynda TV show so she bases dceu ww solely off of that. Its really all one big tribute to lynda. None of the heroes usually start off flying. They had to learn too. I knew Dwayne would say ba is the most powerful on this planet. He's been waiting on this moment for a decade. Now patty will have to make her possibly much weaker now that we know dceu ww is beneath ba kal el Shazam. I wonder do most ppl know mcu spider & dceu aq has major strength feats above ww? Never thought I'd see the day. I've heard that Geoff johns guy doesn't like ww and writes her horribly bad. I can tell by the last movie.
    I'm kinda annoyed by the Lynda tributes. I get it, but its like if Batman was constantly reverent of the Adam West series.

Like no offense to the old guard but you don't progress much by constantly being nostalgic to TV shows from the 60s and the 70s. Wonder Woman needs to build that modern mythology with actual elements from the comics instead of being beholden to an old show that isn't that indicative of the franchise.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm kinda annoyed by the Lynda tributes. I get it, but its like if Batman was constantly reverent of the Adam West series.

Like no offense to the old guard but you don't progress much by constantly being nostalgic to TV shows from the 60s and the 70s. Wonder Woman needs to build that modern mythology with actual elements from the comics instead of being beholden to an old show that isn't that indicative of the franchise.
    If that is truly how Patty feels with respect to Wonder Woman and paying tribute to the 70's show, then she should get fired on the spot, today!!!

It was a 70's show with technology that wasn't conducive to major power spectacles that they can show the heroes doing in today's movies or even TV shows. Sure, the casting was absolutely perfect but we can't go back 40 plus years and redo that character as it was back then. We need the Wonder Woman post crisis, and not the jobber version in the Justice League movie or the weak stuff we saw in her first two movies. Also, Shazam, Black Adam, Cyborg, Green Lantern and yes, Superman, all figured out how to fly in their debut movies, but it took Wonder Woman in her 4th movie outing to figure it out and then we have huge plot holes of her not using this power that she learned in the 80's for the BvS and JL movies?

Honestly, who on this board thought that Black Adam wouldn't have more impressive power feats in his first outing than Wonder Woman had in her 4 movies? Who here honestly thinks that the DCEU has Shazam, Black Adam and Superman as the top tier among the superheroes, and then Wonder Woman falling below in a distant 2nd tier with more than likely Aquaman or even Hawkman in that group?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    If that is truly how Patty feels with respect to Wonder Woman and paying tribute to the 70's show, then she should get fired on the spot, today!!!

It was a 70's show with technology that wasn't conducive to major power spectacles that they can show the heroes doing in today's movies or even TV shows. Sure, the casting was absolutely perfect but we can't go back 40 plus years and redo that character as it was back then. We need the Wonder Woman post crisis, and not the jobber version in the Justice League movie or the weak stuff we saw in her first two movies. Also, Shazam, Black Adam, Cyborg, Green Lantern and yes, Superman, all figured out how to fly in their debut movies, but it took Wonder Woman in her 4th movie outing to figure it out and then we have huge plot holes of her not using this power that she learned in the 80's for the BvS and JL movies?

Honestly, who on this board thought that Black Adam wouldn't have more impressive power feats in his first outing than Wonder Woman had in her 4 movies? Who here honestly thinks that the DCEU has Shazam, Black Adam and Superman as the top tier among the superheroes, and then Wonder Woman falling below in a distant 2nd tier with more than likely Aquaman or even Hawkman in that group?
    I put the flying issue 100% on Zack Snyder. I totally get why Patty saved it for movie #2. There had to be a reason for Steve's sacrifice and one of the biggest emotional beats in the movie relied on her being immune to the gas (when she walks into the ruins of Veld) so it couldn't have been that. Even if she'd only figured out how to fly after Steve died, it would've been a major eye roll if minutes after his heroic death it turned out she could've just carried the plane into the sky and blown it up herself. And generally I think the first movie did fine with her powers - it was clear that she didn't really figure them out until her fight with Ares, which was corny and silly-looking but did depict her as absurdly powerful.

WW84 has no excuse, but I think other than the plot-driven issues (the script was very action-light and she was depowered for most of it) a lot of that came down to Patty wanting to do almost all practical effects. The action sequences are super limited because they're very obviously just shoddy wirework with little touches of CGI. I think Gal said she wouldn't do that again because it was too physically taxing, plus we've got new creative leadership that'll probably take cues from the poor reception to WW84, so for better or worse, next round's probably gonna be more CGI-oriented action.

With the rest of the DCEU, I also wish we saw more consistent power scaling for her, but she was clearly SUPPOSED to be the 2nd strongest (at least pre-BA) - they just made the gap between Superman and everyone else waaay too wide. In BvS she did the bulk of the work against Doomsday and in JL she was the only one other than Superman who actually put up a fight against Steppenwolf. Idk if you've seen Shazam (if you haven't, it's delightful) but he's not crazy powerful by any means, the whole point is that he needs his fam to lift him up. And Black Adam literally exists to be The Rock's self-insert power fantasy, but the movie's a critical and commercial flop and they now have Gunn/Safran calling the shots so I doubt he's gonna be much of a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    DCEU shazam is not above DCEU WW based on feats. We will see what happens with WW. Jenkins shouldn't have as much control this time around after the mess of WW84. BA seems to be floppin with critics and at the BO too. So with all of this and new people in charge at WB/DC. We will have to wait and see how that turns out for WW. But i am sure the heads of WB will want a more action focus approach for WW 3. And likely other appearances. And to be honest. I will not complain to see a movie where all Diana does is kicking asses looking badass in combat. If DC wants to hype her as the top badass fighting machine of the DC universe like they always do. It is time they actually show it. Would anybody here really mind seeing a full action packed Diana movie?I think she has been too passive for far too long in the DCEU.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The thing with BA is that its a pure action movie. Pretty much everyone was great in that film, sure Johnson made himself into a total badass but Hawkman and Fate were both ultra badasses too. Even Cyclone's wind abilities were portrayed spectacularly being a visual feast, and Atom Smasher who was prolly the least impressive member they still portrayed accurately the grandeur of his size-changing abilities.

Its prolly the most impressive superhero movie I've seen in a while, actually capturing the strength of its powered characters, even compared to Marvel films. Like compared to Thor especially in his last movie, Black Adam actually feels like a Godlike being and lives up to the hype.

Jenkins meanwhile made a point of explicitly downplaying the action in 1984 to focus on the "story" to put it. Sorta the issue there, you're making an action film and then you go "No, no, the action's not important."

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The thing with BA is that its a pure action movie. Pretty much everyone was great in that film, sure Johnson made himself into a total badass but Hawkman and Fate were both ultra badasses too. Even Cyclone's wind abilities were portrayed spectacularly being a visual feast, and Atom Smasher who was prolly the least impressive member they still portrayed accurately the grandeur of his size-changing abilities.

Its prolly the most impressive superhero movie I've seen in a while, actually capturing the strength of its powered characters, even compared to Marvel films. Like compared to Thor especially in his last movie, Black Adam actually feels like a Godlike being and lives up to the hype.

Jenkins meanwhile made a point of explicitly downplaying the action in 1984 to focus on the "story" to put it. Sorta the issue there, you're making an action film and then you go "No, no, the action's not important."
    If WB still allows jenkins to create another actionless film with the plot holes of WW84. Then they are just dum. Reception clearly showed that most people didn't like the poor action scenes, plot holes and inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    DCEU shazam is not above DCEU WW based on feats. We will see what happens with WW. Jenkins shouldn't have as much control this time around after the mess of WW84. BA seems to be floppin with critics and at the BO too. So with all of this and new people in charge at WB/DC. We will have to wait and see how that turns out for WW. But i am sure the heads of WB will want a more action focus approach for WW 3. And likely other appearances. And to be honest. I will not complain to see a movie where all Diana does is kicking asses looking badass in combat. If DC wants to hype her as the top badass fighting machine of the DC universe like they always do. It is time they actually show it. Would anybody here really mind seeing a full action packed Diana movie?I think she has been too passive for far too long in the DCEU.
    I'd absolutely hate that tbh...I'd like to see a lot more action than WW84, but I definitely don't want it to be like Black Adam. The first movie had a great balance of action, story, and character moments so I'd like to see something like that, albeit without the romance and with a more epic, fantastical scale.

Also "but Charlie, who will sing for us?" is more heroic and moving than every Zack Snyder fight scene combined.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I'd absolutely hate that tbh...I'd like to see a lot more action than WW84, but I definitely don't want it to be like Black Adam. The first movie had a great balance of action, story, and character moments so I'd like to see something like that, albeit without the romance and with a more epic, fantastical scale.

Also "but Charlie, who will sing for us?" is more heroic and moving than every Zack Snyder fight scene combined.
    The first WW was good but not because of the action. It was a good origin/self discovering film. The action and feats were very average. WW needs her moment to shine as a powerhouse action figure. BA is what a real god like being should look like. I am tired of glorified super human xena.

There is a rumor the 3 movie will be a trinity