Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Then we can expect another WW84. Everything is Awesome!!!
    You have no idea what to expect as Patty was setting out to tell a very specific story.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

She was involved in the script writing for the first film as well. And it seems she always wanted WW84 to have a specific tone and plot set in the 80s (for whatever ungodly reason), and doesn't necessarily want the same tone for a third film.

So it's more like a 50/50 chance we will get another WW84, or something distinct for the third installment. Which may or may not have its own set of flaws unique to it.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

What we are likely going to get. It's a WW film with little action and no big power moments. So i am no longer here for DCEU WW. 4 movie appearances, and she still is a massive weaklink and can't get her life together, because she missed a man 100 years ago, a man she knew for a week. The character needs a reboot soon.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I still think WW84 was a missed opportunity to introduce Dr. Psycho

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Pyscho, Veronica Cale, Duke of Deception in a mortal guise, even Sebastian.

They all would have been better picks that Max Lord.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    You have no idea what to expect as Patty was setting out to tell a very specific story.
    Technically no one can expect what Patty is going to do, right? It's not like she has a track record with Wonder Woman. Wait, she has done 2 movies with her, one that was well received in which her input on the story was much more limited than the second one which is basically all hers.

So yes, if she has full creative control like she did with WW84, than we can expect another flop with her 3rd movie. I don't want this to happen, but I feel her best attributes is that of a full time director and let others handle the majority of the scribe details. It would also help that she gets a top notch action choreographer and maybe a primer that shows how Wonder Woman should be second to no one in the DCEU. As much as I enjoyed the Lynda Carter series, this is a post crisis Diana and she should be treated as such with respect to her powers. After all, even way back Marston created her with the intent that she was at a minimum equal to Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I agree.

It's mind-boggling that anyone would truly expect WBD (especially now that's Zaslav in charge) to give Jenkins full control after the critical grubbing Wonder Woman 1984 got. I feel that they allowed her to helm WW3 because they honestly value and appreciate what she brought to the table in the first film, and they definitely see the potential to course correct and turn the franchise around, critically and financially. Make no mistake about it: they want Patty at the helm, but they will be watching her closely and ensuring that the same mistakes made for WW84 do not get repeated. Meaning, no more underwhelming action scenes, a tighter script, and a Wonder Woman who (hopefully) is a true powerhouse. Personally, I am happy that Jenkins is directing because I loved what she did for the character and the franchise in the first place, and I trust that she is smart enough to learn from her WW84 missteps. WBD is not playing around this time, and since female-led superhero films are still judged unfairly by the powers that be in terms of their potential and their worth, I am absolutely sure that Wonder Woman 3 will be a top priority for Zaslav and WBD to ensure it does not flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Max Lord should've been a disguise of Dr. Psycho, and Cheetah should've been Silver Swan instead; I think thematically, Swan would've fit the whole "flying" thing that WW84 touched on with the "invisible plane" and Diana finally finding her own flying ability (I would've introduced Cheetah in WW3 alongside Circe).
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 11-20-2022 at 03:24 AM.

Double post; sorry. :-(

I know WW84 managed to undo basically all the goodwill toward the first movie's Steve Trevor, but what if WW3 brought back Chris Pine (I know, I know: he already said he's not doing WW3, but you never really know) ... only not as Steve Trevor this time.

As Tom Tresser.

Completely different guy, completely different attitude, completely different profession, and Diana doesn't make any connection to Steve Trevor at all.

One could say if you need all those caveats, then just cast a different actor.

Here's the thing tho: Gal Gadot has established and verifiable onscreen chemistry with Pine that I haven't seen anyone else come close to.

Probably won't happen, but certainly an option.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Here's the thing tho: Gal Gadot has established and verifiable onscreen chemistry with Pine that I haven't seen anyone else come close to.
    Because they haven't tried anyone else. Besides, there are better WW supporting characters they can use than Tom Tressor, who himself was written far better outside WW.

Tom was basically just Steve when he was in the WW books. Didn't they have to also de-age him a bit to make him hotter? He was blatantly there because they couldn't use Steve himself, just like sarge Steel was a stand in for Darnell.

The third film shouldn't have a romance period. It was great in the first film, but contributed to the problems of the second. Just have the women drive the plot. Diana, the Amazons, Circe and Barbara. There is no need to waste screen time in Steve again.

Technically no one can expect what Patty is going to do, right? It's not like she has a track record with Wonder Woman. Wait, she has done 2 movies with her, one that was well received in which her input on the story was much more limited than the second one which is basically all hers.

So yes, if she has full creative control like she did with WW84, than we can expect another flop with her 3rd movie. I don't want this to happen, but I feel her best attributes is that of a full time director and let others handle the majority of the scribe details. It would also help that she gets a top notch action choreographer and maybe a primer that shows how Wonder Woman should be second to no one in the DCEU. As much as I enjoyed the Lynda Carter series, this is a post crisis Diana and she should be treated as such with respect to her powers. After all, even way back Marston created her with the intent that she was at a minimum equal to Superman!
    Lol, "wait 1 good movie and 1 bad movie" so no, you have no idea what the third one will look like. Even looking at her movie catalog, you have no idea what this film will look like. But you all are welcome to try with the same old Patty bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Probably won't happen, but certainly an option.
    Who all has Gal had a romance with as Wonder Woman?

And since WW3 will likely take place on Themiscryia for majority of the film, we dont need a love interest.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 11-20-2022 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Max Lord should've been a disguise of Dr. Psycho, and Cheetah should've been Silver Swan instead; I think thematically, Swan would've fit the whole "flying" thing that WW84 touched on with the "invisible plane" and Diana finally finding her own flying ability (I would've introduced Cheetah in WW3 alongside Circe).
    Either this, or the character Chris Pine was playing wasn't actually Steve, but the Duke taking on his form and be the main villain of the movie. It'd be a more interesting use of Pine and the memory of Steve than what we got. Give him the Roman-style armor the Duke wore in the Bronze Age for the final act.

Pascal is great in general, but I'd happily drop him from this film in order to have Pine as the Duke, plus one other villain. The Swan might work better in this case, but with more screen time after excising another character, Barbara's transformation into Cheetah could still be the other subplot.

Do we have any official word about the movie? Just curious as to what they are thinking.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Do we have any official word about the movie? Just curious as to what they are thinking.
    It's happening, Patty turned in a script and thats all we have.