Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It's happening, Patty turned in a script and thats all we have.
    Thanks, PS.

I want this 3rd movie to be way above 1 and 2 and show all that we expect and hope for our Amazing Amazon!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Either this, or the character Chris Pine was playing wasn't actually Steve, but the Duke taking on his form and be the main villain of the movie. It'd be a more interesting use of Pine and the memory of Steve than what we got. Give him the Roman-style armor the Duke wore in the Bronze Age for the final act.
    Holy ****!!! That would have been so awesome to have a deception like that which would have totally broken Diana's (and the audience's) heart. And damn...the situation itself would have totally lived up to the Duke's name. I wonder if that idea ever crossed the producers' minds in regard to bringing Steve back. Man, why couldn't YOU have been the screenwriter for WW84?? Now I am totally enjoying the movie in my head, in which Silver Swan and the Duke of Deception were the villains in WW84...

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Lol, "wait 1 good movie and 1 bad movie" so no, you have no idea what the third one will look like. Even looking at her movie catalog, you have no idea what this film will look like. But you all are welcome to try with the same old Patty bashing.
    Apparently you only read part of a persons post.

1) Patty directed a great first movie in WW2017 in which she had much less input on the script.

2) Patty had full control over script and directing for WW84 and that was just a demonstrable crap movie.

3) She is going to be director for the 3rd and apparently has written the script for it also.

So...going by what I have just said, I can infer that unless there is some serious oversight on Warner Brothers part, if she has full control like she did in WW84 then I think we are looking at another flop on our hands.

This is not me bashing Patty since I think she did a great job on the first movie. But her handling director and writer duties does not give me confidence because we got WW84 out of that.

If she just directed with some input on the script like she had on the first movie, then I would feel alot more confident about the third movie doing real well. Of course they still need to work on the action, and not just a little work!

Please, no more Chris Pine / Steve Trevor. For a guy that she met for only a week, to pine for him for over 70 years is a bit of a reach to me, given that she is supposed to be over 900 years old in this universe.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Holy ****!!! That would have been so awesome to have a deception like that which would have totally broken Diana's (and the audience's) heart. And damn...the situation itself would have totally lived up to the Duke's name. I wonder if that idea ever crossed the producers' minds in regard to bringing Steve back. Man, why couldn't YOU have been the screenwriter for WW84?? Now I am totally enjoying the movie in my head, in which Silver Swan and the Duke of Deception were the villains in WW84...
    Thanks! Just anybody but Maxwell Lord lol.

I might still have Cheetah be the co-villain in WW84, just have the source of her power be something different (but still connected to the Duke's plans). Cheetah works well as the recurring wild card element across two films. Diana would be so distracted with "Steve" that she wouldn't see how her friendship with Barbara is deteriorating and that she's heading down a bad path. By the time she stops Deception, it'd be too late and Barbara would have transformed. It would definitely be the "Empire Strikes Back" of the trilogy with a downer ending.

Also, I would have her friendship with Barbara starting before the events of the movie, with maybe Diana keeping her double life to herself. Barbara finds out and that contributes to her envy.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Apparently you only read part of a persons post.

1) Patty directed a great first movie in WW2017 in which she had much less input on the script.

2) Patty had full control over script and directing for WW84 and that was just a demonstrable crap movie.

3) She is going to be director for the 3rd and apparently has written the script for it also.

So...going by what I have just said, I can infer that unless there is some serious oversight on Warner Brothers part, if she has full control like she did in WW84 then I think we are looking at another flop on our hands.

This is not me bashing Patty since I think she did a great job on the first movie. But her handling director and writer duties does not give me confidence because we got WW84 out of that.

If she just directed with some input on the script like she had on the first movie, then I would feel alot more confident about the third movie doing real well. Of course they still need to work on the action, and not just a little work!

Please, no more Chris Pine / Steve Trevor. For a guy that she met for only a week, to pine for him for over 70 years is a bit of a reach to me, given that she is supposed to be over 900 years old in this universe.
    Oh no, I read it all and like I said you have no idea what the third one will look like. WW84 had a very specific message and meant to move Diana past Steve.

Not having confidence in a third film directed by her is fine but lets not try to act like WW84 told us everything we need to know about how Patty is at having more influence over the film. This isnt a Snyder where 3 films in a row we knew exactly what to expect.

Oh no, I read it all and like I said you have no idea what the third one will look like. WW84 had a very specific message and meant to move Diana past Steve.

Not having confidence in a third film directed by her is fine but lets not try to act like WW84 told us everything we need to know about how Patty is at having more influence over the film. This isnt a Snyder where 3 films in a row we knew exactly what to expect.
    Well then, what are your critiques of either the first two movies and what would you like to see done better?

Well then, what are your critiques of either the first two movies and what would you like to see done better?
    I've been very open with my thoughts on WW84 and Jenkins view of the WW-verse in general. I believe she gets who Diana is, wasnt a fan of her killing off the gods.

I just finished it and overall I liked it. Not as good as the first one and way to long but enjoyable. They did harp a little to much about learning lessons so i can see people getting annoyed by that.

I probably would've swapped out Max Lord as a villain since...he was there in name only and could've been used as a much greater threat for another film.

The Lasso action in this was great though even if it seemed like it never left Dianas side.

The entire Astira story was told way to quickly and needed to be aired out better.

I wouldn't have been extremely sad if we had gotten a new director but I don't mind her coming back if she learned from her mistakes in 84. It's a very 50/50 situation as to how the film could turn out but I also know that her vision included giving us an Amazon film to catch us up with what happened between the first film and present day so that may hinder it to a degree, we'll see.

Also going back and reading some of the original 84 comments its very interesting how different some were when the movie came out compared to how they act now towards 84 and Patty.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 11-20-2022 at 02:26 PM.

I've been very open with my thoughts on WW84 and Jenkins view of the WW-verse in general. I believe she gets who Diana is, wasnt a fan of her killing off the gods.

I wouldn't have been extremely sad if we had gotten a new director but I don't mind her coming back if she learned from her mistakes in 84. It's a very 50/50 situation as to how the film could turn out but I also know that her vision included giving us an Amazon film to catch us up with what happened between the first film and present day so that may hinder it to a degree, we'll see.

Also going back and reading some of the original 84 comments its very interesting how different some were when the movie came out compared to how they act now towards 84 and Patty.
    Well we are very different in opinions on the WW84 movie. How anyone can objectively give that movie a passing rating, especially with how good the first one was just boggles the mind. So many plotholes as well as making the movie in 1984, how bad the villains were in Max Lord and the laughable Cheetah, how Wonder Woman was fighting against wind and losing for just some of the idiocy in the movie. This was Patty Jenkins script, and if it is all her again in the third installment......sigh.

We need a great and powerful villain in the third movie.....it would be great to see Giganta!

I want to see Diana shown full-flying, super-strong moments, animal empathy, talk about how her people believe in kindness and second chances, it would be great to see some other Amazons, like Artemis, Donna, Nubia even if just for a few moments.

Then we need great action!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    We need a great and powerful villain in the third movie.....it would be great to see Giganta!

I want to see Diana shown full-flying, super-strong moments, animal empathy, talk about how her people believe in kindness and second chances, it would be great to see some other Amazons, like Artemis, Donna, Nubia even if just for a few moments.

I have always wanted this. But I am also afraid that Patty's version of Diana flying might be the air currents method.

Can anyone answer this for me? If Diana was about 900 years old in the first movie, why did it take until that moment when she was going for the god killer sword to slowly activate her demi-god abiities? Does this mean that all the demi-god children of Olympus were normal for the first 900 years before they 'activated' their abilities? Take Hercules, for instance. Was he just normal, and then 900 years later really strong? Too bad pretty much all of Olympus was dead to see if that theory applied. They probably should have had Wonder Woman at about 21 years of age when she met Trevor and then gone through her 'puberty' to unlock her powers. Of course, she needed another 70 years to figure out flight from a man!

Also, was it Patty's idea for the pantheon to be mostly dead during her first movie, or was Heinberg? Whoever had this done is an idiot! Look how many potential storylines are gone now that the pantheon is dead.

Considering that Hercules cant fly...she already upped in the power department. Diana was not trained to use her powers. She never knew she had them. Facing Ares was the catalyst to her unlocking what was inside all along.

Considering that Hercules cant fly...she already upped in the power department. Diana was not trained to use her powers. She never knew she had them. Facing Ares was the catalyst to her unlocking what was inside all along.
    So for 900 years she didn't know she was really, really strong? Makes her seem as stupid as needing a man to teach her how to fly, and not herself in the intervening 70 years. Seems beyond stupid unless the architects of the DCEU didn't want her to fly. Shazam, Black Adam, Cyborg and Superman all flew in their debut movies, but not Wondy. That and the fact the Justice League fight showed that she was just cannon fodder to the almighty Superman.

And who cares about Hercules, I was only using him as demi-god example to show how stupid it was for her to unlock her super-abiities after 900 years.

So for 900 years she didn't know she was really, really strong? Makes her seem as stupid as needing a man to teach her how to fly, and not herself in the intervening 70 years. Seems beyond stupid unless the architects of the DCEU didn't want her to fly. Shazam, Black Adam, Cyborg and Superman all flew in their debut movies, but not Wondy. That and the fact the Justice League fight showed that she was just cannon fodder to the almighty Superman.

And who cares about Hercules, I was only using him as demi-god example to show how stupid it was for her to unlock her super-abiities after 900 years.
    What exactly was she doing where being really really strong would come into play? You brought up Hercules, dont bring up people if you dont want a rebuttle.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Diana didn't fully activate her powers until the narrative required it because it was an origin movie, and it needs impactful dramatic moments. The No Man's Land scene wouldn't have landed if Diana wasn't discovering her capabilities while she was doing it.

Let's not overthink this or bring Hercules into it.

She also didn't fly because Patty specifically wanted that dramatic moment to happen in the sequel (and it's a great moment on its own merits). Since we're only getting glimpses of the 70 years since the first movie, I don't see why it matters that she didn't fly then. We aren't seeing the scenes either way, what does it matter?

Also, was it Patty's idea for the pantheon to be mostly dead during her first movie, or was Heinberg?
    I don't think it was either. It seems like a Snyder or Johns idea, because the JL film seems hung up on Diana being the surviving remnant of the Old Gods, while Darkseid leads the New Gods.

It's very, very stupid I agree, but I'm not inclined to hold that idea against Patty until I'm sure she was the one who suggested it. She may have wanted to do the specific story for WW84, but it's not like that story requires the Gods to be dead. Wonder Woman has had plenty of arcs where the Gods don't appear.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 11-20-2022 at 07:56 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

I would love to see Giganta as a secondary or opening battle villain. I have no interest in her as the main antagonist. Maybe the Justice version where she is a mercenary and Circe gives her a major height boost.

As for Wonder Woman's supporting cast, I wouldn't mind Nubia and Yara. I also wouldn't mind if Siegfried was introduced as a possible love interest. I also think Maxwell Lord Jr. could be a great addition. We can learn how Diana's empathy in 1984 to Max Lord Sr. transformed him into a better man and father and Lord Jr. can be a testament to the benefits of love, mercy, and second chances.

Patty once liked a tweet on Twitter that asked if the first movie was about love, the second about truth, would the third about justice. Patty liked the tweet.

I actually think Medusa and Circe could be great villains/antagonists for such themes. At the time, both are seen and treated as villains by the Gods or men. The Charmed reboot did a story that reframed Medusa were people who looked away from her victimization turned to stone. I could see Patty doing something interesting exploring the treatment of Medusa/Circe to make Medusa a sympathetic antagonist that can be reformed but Circe is a victim turned villain who must be stopped. The movie can explore the evolution of womanhood throughout time, reformation, and unfortunately through Circe when victims are so broken by systems that they turn into unrepentant villains.

I would like two end-credit scenes. One that sets up the Amazons movie that Patty has discussed for years. Another that sets up a Nubia HBO Max series and/or a Yara Wonder Girl HBO Max series.

The setting, I hope Diana still works at the Tate in London as she did in Justice League.