Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I'm seeing reports that Lynda Carter's DCEU character Astoria will be featured again in WW3, possibly in an expanded role and sharing scenes with Gal Gadot.

OK, I get it: Patty Jenkins is a huge fan of Lynda Carter and her 1970s WW show. But if she is actually bringing Lynda back again for the threequel, there's a problem.

Just because the Superman franchise is often stuck in the shadow of Christopher Reeve, doesn't mean the Wonder Woman franchise has to do the same with Lynda Carter.

I thought Lynda's appearance in WW84 was unnecessary and pure fanwank. Her appearance in WW3 would be actively detrimental IMO.

Maybe I'm wrong and more Lynda Carter in Gal Gadot's movie is a good thing.

But it feels like heading backwards.

Depends on her role I guess or her connection to the villain or maybe shes the villlain!!!!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Apparently jenkins is a big fan of green lantern. And wants him in WW 3. His role will be significant, Taking over Donna Troy, who was originally planned to appear in WW3. More red flags from this director. jenkins is just not good for WW.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Apparently jenkins is a big fan of green lantern. And wants him in WW 3. His role will be significant, Taking over Donna Troy, who was originally planned to appear in WW3. More red flags from this director. jenkins is just not good for WW.
    At least come with some sources if you're gonna try to find another reason to complain about her

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    At least come with some sources if you're gonna try to find another reason to complain about her
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation/page36

Hal Jordan in WW3?

So a random rumor with no name attached? How legit.

I heard Cassie is going to be introduced in WW3 and that Darkseid would invade.

So a random rumor with no name attached? How legit.

I heard Cassie is going to be introduced in WW3 and that Darkseid would invade.
    Either way is probably going to be bad. WW will likely be weak as usual. Likely bad action scenes as usual. And if these things do happen, then i will be very happy if it flops. It is what jenkins deserves, if she does the character dirty again. But i would love to be wrong. And i do hope to be wrong.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 12-01-2022 at 09:05 PM.

Either way is probably going to be bad. WW will likely be weak as usual. Likely bad action scenes as usual. And if these things do happen, then i will be very happy if it flops. It is what jenkins deserves, if she does the character dirty again. But i would love to be wrong. And i do hope to be wrong.
    You were fine with 84 and what Patty brought when the film first came out. What changed.

I think it all depends in personal taste. I like both movies. I feel both have their issues. But overall. WW84 feels more like a WW film than the first. The essence of the character is more present in WW84.

You were fine with 84 and what Patty brought when the film first came out. What changed.
    What changed? That i realized after a while. That the movie made me have 0 interest in watching it again. I was generous with WW84 at first. Because i had been waiting so much for it, and the whole pandemic mess. But it clicked with me later. I realized that having more lasso and tiara, was not worth it. If we have to have a super nerfed WW, a pathetic Cheetah. A 5 minutes circus final battle with bad CGI, and WW losing to ''wind'' Jenkins who promised a WW at her peak power gave us....sigh. The nuke scene that was supposed to be in the movie, was apparently cut off, why? Because it would have made her look too close to superman in power? Sigh. Oh and the sex scene without the man's consent bothers me more and more as time passes by.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I doubt the rumor is true. Hal showing up would be preferable to Clark or Bruce, but I can't see Patty shoving out Donna for him. If she wants her own trilogy, why would she bring in outside elements that are completely removed from WW lore? Even Max Lord has a big moment within the WW franchise (God help us) to justify his usage, none of the GLs have that.

That being said, broadly speaking I'm all in favor of pansexual Hal and Glen Powell wouldn't be bad casting.

Incredible Member

Based on what we know about Jenkins, I can't imagine this Green Lantern rumor being true. I hope Diana/Nubia/Yara vs Circe/Medusa/Giganta is where the next film goes.

Glen Powell would make a perfect Hal

Incredible Member

I'm not sure how I'd feel about Carter having a bigger role. She was the best thing in WW84 for sure, but making her a sidekick of sorts to Gal wouldn't work. Having her cameo in a few scenes in a subplot separate from the main action would be okay though.

I also just don't think it's fair to have 50-something (?) Carter put side-by-side with the much younger Gadot because then people would make comparisons. Like it or not, WW is thought of by many simply in terms of her body shape, and I don't want Carter to be in any situation where people would be comparing her to her 70s self, much less to this new person playing that character.

She definitely deserves a paycheque and a place in this (dying) franchise so I'm fine with her being there, but they'd have to be smart about where and how. IF they decide to bring her back.

What they really need is an excellent script. Well-conceived villains, a reset on Diana's life (no more Steve crap, please, and no more vague is she hiding/isn't she hiding confusion) and more of the Amazons. Seems simple enough to me.

Green Lantern...really doesn't need to be in there. Why not have Cavill cameo? Superman popping up in a Wonder Woman movie sounds kind of fun and appropriate. She is part of the Trinity after all.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I'm not sure how I'd feel about Carter having a bigger role. She was the best thing in WW84 for sure, but making her a sidekick of sorts to Gal wouldn't work. Having her cameo in a few scenes in a subplot separate from the main action would be okay though.

I also just don't think it's fair to have 50-something (?) Carter put side-by-side with the much younger Gadot because then people would make comparisons. Like it or not, WW is thought of by many simply in terms of her body shape, and I don't want Carter to be in any situation where people would be comparing her to her 70s self, much less to this new person playing that character.

She definitely deserves a paycheque and a place in this (dying) franchise so I'm fine with her being there, but they'd have to be smart about where and how. IF they decide to bring her back.

What they really need is an excellent script. Well-conceived villains, a reset on Diana's life (no more Steve crap, please, and no more vague is she hiding/isn't she hiding confusion) and more of the Amazons. Seems simple enough to me.

Green Lantern...really doesn't need to be in there. Why not have Cavill cameo? Superman popping up in a Wonder Woman movie sounds kind of fun and appropriate. She is part of the Trinity after all.
    I'd rather Wonder Woman characters pop up in a Wonder Woman movie.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Lynda is 71 and still looking great!

Mighty Member

I take the whole Green Lantern Corps over Superman or Batman.