Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I'm not sure how I'd feel about Carter having a bigger role. She was the best thing in WW84 for sure, but making her a sidekick of sorts to Gal wouldn't work. Having her cameo in a few scenes in a subplot separate from the main action would be okay though.

I also just don't think it's fair to have 50-something (?) Carter put side-by-side with the much younger Gadot because then people would make comparisons. Like it or not, WW is thought of by many simply in terms of her body shape, and I don't want Carter to be in any situation where people would be comparing her to her 70s self, much less to this new person playing that character.

She definitely deserves a paycheque and a place in this (dying) franchise so I'm fine with her being there, but they'd have to be smart about where and how. IF they decide to bring her back.

What they really need is an excellent script. Well-conceived villains, a reset on Diana's life (no more Steve crap, please, and no more vague is she hiding/isn't she hiding confusion) and more of the Amazons. Seems simple enough to me.

Green Lantern...really doesn't need to be in there. Why not have Cavill cameo? Superman popping up in a Wonder Woman movie sounds kind of fun and appropriate. She is part of the Trinity after all.
    Lol are older women not allowed to act alongside younger women for fear of being compared? And are older actresses not allowed to be seen once they age out of being a sex symbol? It's not like they're gonna put her in the Wonder Woman outfit...

I think the way Asteria was introduced pretty clearly set up a major role for her in the sequel that isn't just nostalgia/fan service. She was alluded to throughout WW84 and she's the only other Amazon that we know of in Man's World, so she's 100% going to be the lynchpin of Diana getting back to Themyscira and that's exactly what I want out of the sequel. The TV show was way before my time so I've got no strong attachment to Lynda Carter (other than her being chill, funny, and very pro-LGBTQ+ on Twitter), but if 71-year-old Michael Keaton can play Batman again I'm not sure why she can't come back and play an Amazon.

Also I can't believe anyone actually thinks Hal Jordan is gonna be in the movie. Patty Jenkins is notoriously clueless about comics, there's pretty much no chance she even knows who Hal is. But if we're putting stock in unreliable "scoopers," there was another "leak" that said it's gonna be about Diana, Asteria, and Donna Troy on a quest to find Zeus' lightning bolt and use it against Circe and if that one's true I'll be VERY happy.

Incredible Member

I thought it was clear from my wording: no, there is nothing wrong with being an older woman in a movie, or an older super-heroine either. It is telling, however, that Carter's big cameo was at the end of the film in a scene without Gal. She was given her own moment to shine and that had the added benefit of preventing any comparisons from being made.

Women in Hollywood are still judged very, very harshly on their looks. Presenting Carter as they did in WW84 cut off the rude comments at the pass because she was in a cape, on her own, with great hair and makeup. I think that was a smart way of handling things. Putting her side-by-side with Gal for an entire movie? I think that would be leaving Carter open to nasty remarks and I honestly don't think she deserves that.

I also don't think Carter should have to bolster the appeal of this franchise. This new version of Wonder Woman should stand on its own and appeal on its own merits. Unfortunately, the character is pretty muddled right now, between the various films and eras and supporting characters and continual DC cinematic shuffling. I'd like to see Gal in a great Wonder Woman that isn't trying to "fix" things or "fit into expanded universe continuity". Just a good WW film on its own merits.

Carter will instantly make anything she appears in better, that's a given. I just don't want them to rely on her participation to make the film seem cooler than it really is. And I don't want Carter left with playing older mentor to Gadot. I'd love for her age to stay out of the equation completely....and if they put them in costumes side-by-side, that's just inviting comparisons.

I think you get my point. I love Carter and I love older actresses too - I'm not the problem here. The problem is the bozos of the world, and there are a lot of them. I liked how she fit into the otherwise messy WW84 and if they leave it at that, or give her another simple cameo in the third one, that'd be great.

Interesting "leak" though...they're going to introduce Donna Troy now? Oy vey. How's THAT going to work? LOL Another new origin? *reaches for aspirin*

Whatever the third movie may be, there will need to be male characters in it too. So with Steve gone...will they drum up a new love interest? A male villain? A male foil?

EDIT AFTER SEEING REPLIES ON THE OTHER PAGE:

Lynda is 71?!? *applauds* Amazing!

The whole Green Lantern Corps over Batman or Superman? Come on now. Honestly, I like Henry Cavill and think he got a bum rap with his version of Superman. I've always liked the Diana/Supes sibling relationship and would like to see him appear in her film as an acknowledgement of her status in the DCU. It's all well and good for her to appear in their movies, but for one of them to pop up in hers? That'd be a cool moment.

I mean, if Supes can pop up in Black Adam of all movies...then why not?

Plus, as I already said, she's lacking in male supporting characters right now.
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; 12-06-2022 at 01:27 AM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Apparently the movie is not happening. I am glad. Because jenkins and geoff writing the script again was not a good sign.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...es-1235276804/
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 12-07-2022 at 05:39 PM.

Shocking if true:

Wonder Woman 3 will not be moving forward

That's the Hollywood Reporter breaking that, not We Got This Covered. And the bit about Gal thanking the fans for her time as Diana seems like pretty official.

No more Gal Gadot? No more Patty?

R.I.P. DCEU's Wonder Woman.

Hopefully James Gunn is ready for the backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Shocking if true:

Wonder Woman 3 will not be moving forward

That's the Hollywood Reporter breaking that, not We Got This Covered. And the bit about Gal thanking the fans for her time as Diana seems like pretty official.

No more Gal Gadot? No more Patty?

R.I.P. DCEU's Wonder Woman.

Hopefully James Gunn is ready for the backlash.
    What backlash? DCEU WW was very underwhelming. And jenkins and geoff writing the script for WW3, after the mess they did in WW84. We dodged a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    What backlash? DCEU WW was very underwhelming. And jenkins and geoff writing the script for WW3, after the mess they did in WW84. We dodged a bullet.
    To you...

Meanwhile, in the world outside of "Comics..." message boards?

That is most likely a minority opinion. Probably closer to "Seriously Minority..."

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    To you...

That is most likely a minority opinion. Probably closer to "Seriously Minority..."
    Let's see. DCEU WW is fodder to superman. Can't do anything to steppen without gear and help. Her life is empty without a man that died 100 years ago, and that she knew for just one week. She was willing to let the world go to hell as long as she has steve, until her man makes her understand that she has to put the world first before her own needs. Oh and the scene where she slept with a man without his consent. Yeah, DCEU Diana is an amazinbg portrayal of the character. So powerful, confident, so full of life. So accomplished, Sigh.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    To you...

You would not be wrong, sir. It's hilarious to me how some people seem to think that the end all be all of fandom are messageboards.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    You would not be wrong, sir. It's hilarious to me how some people seem to think that the end all be all of fandom are messageboards.
    Then you should do more research. Because after WW84, most people do not hold DCEU WW in high regard.

Definitely skeptical they'll carry on with the video game now.

Hmm, guess if this is true then after Historia #3 that it'll probably be it for DC media I follow.

Wow.

F** you, Warner. F*** you, Gunn. And f*** you, Zaslov.

Literally, the only future DC movie I had any interest in, and it's gone. No trilogy for Wonder Woman. If she shows up in live action again, she's only ever going to be a side character in some shitty Justice League team-up.

F*** this goddamn company.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

If it turns out to be 100% true then fork Gunn and co.

None of his projects with Suicide Squad characters better be going forward because TSS was not as successful as WW84 was in the long run both on HBO Max or home media sells.

Cancelling it so you dont have to pay Gal/Patty...some messed up shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Wow.

F** you, Warner. F*** you, Gunn. And f*** you, Zaslov.

Literally, the only future DC movie I had any interest in, and it's gone. No trilogy for Wonder Woman. If she shows up in live action again, she's only ever going to be a side character in some shitty Justice League team-up.

F*** this goddamn company.
    To me the sad part of this, is that it may be a sign that her video game won't happen. That was the one project i was super happy to see. I had much bigger hopes of that being good. Than WW3.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    To me the sad part of this, is that it may be a sign that her video game won't happen. That was the one project i was super happy to see. I had much bigger hopes of that being good. Than WW3.
    Why would they cancel the game? Its unrelated to the movies.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Also oh my God

Jesus Christ man and after Batgirl fuck

I mean sure the movies could have been bad but this is oh so much fucking worse thing to do