Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I still think that's easy enough to explain with what we already know:

The genetic samples were damaged. Although the X chromosome was LESS damaged, she still needed donor material to patch it for a viable clone. Sarah was creating the female clone off-books and against the direct instructions of Sutter and Rice at the same time she was continuing the attempts at the male clones, so likely couldn't access to the regular donor banks without drawing undue attention to herself (SOMEONE would have noticed shortages of whatever material was being stored). Sarah herself was the most convenient source of genetic material that she could access without being questioned. And given what we know of Sarah, it wouldn't have been out of character for her to make that decision on a completely utilitarian basis without considering the other ramifications.
    To repeat myself, as I always do, every time we have this discussion.

Contaminating the genetics with her own defeats the point of duplicating the X-Chromosome in the first place, which was to ensure all the genetics all came from wolverine.

They were carefully reconstructing the genetic code to that on file, rebuilding from it's most basic level; they were not just plugging the gaps with genes from "donor banks"; even if she did use her own material, she would have broken it down to it's base components before hand, or again, it defeats the point.

Now I can contrive multiple scenario's of how her genetics might have been contaminated, but all would amount to me making up my own story.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 10-09-2022 at 09:44 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

It's about Laura's younger years: https://twitter.com/CerebroCast/stat...49496943931392

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    There was another article bring up how it reminded them of deadly genesis. I wonder if it will show between target x and new xmen she was working on a different team

Glad to hear that; it'll skip all the Krakoa mess then.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I kind of figured it would be set in the past.

Although Laura only gets series now that use the X-23 branding. She'll never live it down .

I guess since it's a flashback book like Legends and Gambit, it makes sense that it's not a Tom Muller logo.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So just a story of the past before her X-Men days? Mwah, I am just not sold yet.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I guess since it's a flashback book like Legends and Gambit, it makes sense that it's not a Tom Muller logo.
    Frankly, I couldn't be happier if I never saw the "new" logo again. It's just so bland. The classic logo is unique and creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of figured it would be set in the past.

Although Laura only gets series now that use the X-23 branding. She'll never live it down .
    And it's good that way. Not saying you are implying it but Im not a big fan of trying to erase part of someones character.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Old school Laura, sign me up please.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I wish it wasn’t set in the past, though.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”