Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm getting this. Bishop war college book. Sabretooth. I don't know how the change in name effects my subscription to Red though but Ewing writing it so i'll still get it digitally but yeah that should be interesting. I recently subscribed to Xtreme too because like it was a good price for the issues and i wanted to specifically support it. So it's looking like those are the x-books i'm supporting from what little we know so far. I think i got one more subscription but i was a little drunk that night so i can't remember exactly. lmao.
    LOL! Good call with subscribing to X-Treme, should be a really fun book. I'm looking forward to Bishop's book too.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    ugh im stuck. I want to support the character but I don't want to support the writing.
    The way I see it, creators come and go but it's not often a favorite character gets a big push. If it works out there's no telling where they'll try to take her.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm getting this. Bishop war college book. Sabretooth. I don't know how the change in name effects my subscription to Red though but Ewing writing it so i'll still get it digitally but yeah that should be interesting. I recently subscribed to Xtreme too because like it was a good price for the issues and i wanted to specifically support it. So it's looking like those are the x-books i'm supporting from what little we know so far. I think i got one more subscription but i was a little drunk that night so i can't remember exactly. lmao.
    Quick question if you want to support a title to the fullest of you capability is there a difference between buying it digitally or at a LCS? Does Marvel care how you buy or do then give more weight to LCS purchases?

Yeah i mean while tini can take FOREVER to make a point or actually never make it, Tini has some really good ideas the click with me when they do. And most of all i really just haven't had a reason to not support Tini's books. i mean overall it's not my preference because a lot seems stuck in her mind rather than on the page but i tend to lean in the wanting Tini to just really get it right because again some of the concepts have the wow factor but it loses it when tini just punches the plot and none of the characters sound unique. Perhaps in this case it will be different as it seems to be a more focused cast and mission statement. But tini has just never like offended me with what i was reading or made go "this just is dumb or manipulative" so yeah.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Quick question if you want to support a title to the fullest of you capability is there a difference between buying it digitally or at a LCS? Does Marvel care how you buy or do then give more weight to LCS purchases?
    Well i was living in Fl at the time and i solely got into digitial because the shops i went to in Naples on airport rd was closed and then when i moved to ocala and went in they didn't have any of the hickman relaunch stuff and so that is when i got into comixology. From a purely business standpoint i would think digital brings in more profit as all you had to do was basically release the scans of what you already sent to be printed but with no printing cost but it still cost the same price to make so that is pure profit in a lot of cases depending on what you sell the digital version for to the vendor. So theoretically it should be more important to marvel than it actually is, as you can see you can't even get digitial same day releases on their own site meaning throwing away money especially since you already sold the actual product to shops months ago. So digital should maker a bigger dent but marvel is weird. All that to say it's actually mainly convenience but i would assume two sells on a book is better than one especially when essentially marvel gives you a free digital code but in the case of someone like me i already paid for that cause i got it twice.\

Oh and that's not counting the yearly subscription to marvel unlimited which in essence is a digital platform albeit with issues behind so essentially it would make no difference if marvel unleashed unlimited issues same day or three months later because they have in essence already accounted for a loss but not accounting for any profit in there recent digital releases until they are released on their subscription platform. it really doesn't make a lot of sense, at least to me.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-11-2022 at 01:29 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Is Brian still Captain Avalon? I thought King Arthur reclaimed Avalon, which would mean that Jamie is elsewhere...
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Is Brian still Captain Avalon? I thought King Arthur reclaimed Avalon, which would mean that Jamie is elsewhere...
    Yeah he’s still Captain Avalon now under King Arthur rather than Jamie. I’m assuming Arthur will rebuild his roundtable and in the last issue of KoX Brian offered to take young Modred under his wing and train him to be a proper knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I think its best to get digital, hard copy, and pre-sell reserve.

They are big on pre-sell? Pre-Sale?

So quick question. Wish we could do a survey or poll.

How many of you are actually picking up this title?
    Yeah Probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Yeah i mean while tini can take FOREVER to make a point or actually never make it, Tini has some really good ideas the click with me when they do. And most of all i really just haven't had a reason to not support Tini's books. i mean overall it's not my preference because a lot seems stuck in her mind rather than on the page but i tend to lean in the wanting Tini to just really get it right because again some of the concepts have the wow factor but it loses it when tini just punches the plot and none of the characters sound unique. Perhaps in this case it will be different as it seems to be a more focused cast and mission statement. But tini has just never like offended me with what i was reading or made go "this just is dumb or manipulative" so yeah.
    Oh I have rolled my eyes and gone this is dumb many atimes.

But everyone reads things differently and takes in things differently.

I think its best to get digital, hard copy, and pre-sell reserve.

They are big on pre-sell? Pre-Sale?
    Yeah Jordan was saying pre-ordering your floppy from your LCS helps the title as well.

A big part of the reason I started the Braddock family appreciation thread was because as I was scuba diving through their early history, I could see a lot of the references Tini was pulling from. So I wanted to share those difficult to find stories because 1. they're really good, and 2. it made my appreciation for the characters, especially Betsy, that much more rounded. I'm actually thankful to Tini for that. How each reader feels about how she's handling those old callbacks is of course their rightful opinion, but I think it benefits those that decide to move forward with the new series to know a little about them.
    I think there's enough content to draw on to ride us right to February, if I post about one plot point/story per week, especially if you lovely people decide to chime in. I know there are some Marvel UK readers on these boards so I'd love to hear from them too and what those stories were like for them during that time.

I am not sure if this was posted already, but Tini Howard wrote about the new book on her substack and she included a picture confirming Rachel and Betsy as a couple.
    https://tinihoward.substack.com/p/be...aptain-britain
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am not sure if this was posted already, but Tini Howard wrote about the new book on her substack and she included a picture confirming Rachel and Betsy as a couple.
    https://tinihoward.substack.com/p/be...aptain-britain
    Yes indeed! And the panel is really cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    A big part of the reason I started the Braddock family appreciation thread was because as I was scuba diving through their early history, I could see a lot of the references Tini was pulling from. So I wanted to share those difficult to find stories because 1. they're really good, and 2. it made my appreciation for the characters, especially Betsy, that much more rounded. I'm actually thankful to Tini for that. How each reader feels about how she's handling those old callbacks is of course their rightful opinion, but I think it benefits those that decide to move forward with the new series to know a little about them.
    I think there's enough content to draw on to ride us right to February, if I post about one plot point/story per week, especially if you lovely people decide to chime in. I know there are some Marvel UK readers on these boards so I'd love to hear from them too and what those stories were like for them during that time.
    I’d be interested in this!!

So quick question. Wish we could do a survey or poll.

How many of you are actually picking up this title?
    I’m buying. Even though Howard’s Betsy/ Otherworld Saga hasn’t always been my favorite and certainly has a lot of problems, I do believe it has (almost) continuously improved since XoS through KoX. And after following this whole saga it feels weird to not check-in for what is presumably the final chapter. Now if the first two issues are offensively bad or I get the sense that it’s dragging I ain’t afraid to drop it, but I do wanna see it through to the end.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 10-12-2022 at 10:03 AM.