Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Betsy should just have Rachel lay siege to the UK while telepathically disguised as a dragon. That way, Betsy can "vanquish" her, earn back the tea-drinkers' respect, and wipe out some of her enemies all in one go. You can wrap it up in one issue and dedicate the rest of the series to Betsy doing mutant things.
    It'll give Dragon Shogo a break that's for sure.
    Maybe we'll find out that mutants are being victimized and that'll keep things linked to mutantdom's overall story. Betsy plus the STRIKE squad = mutants vs. the UK madness.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Do we thinks this is Askani bae.

Attachment 125308Attachment 125308
    Someone replied to this image on Vasco's IG with "Rachel!" and Vasco liked it so it's confirmed.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's a very silly nit for sure but...I would love to see Rachel with a less masculine hairstyle and cut. Halle Berry had her signature pixie cut which is super short but also ultra feminine and sexy
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

All-New Member

So there were plans for Betsy to have a new costume for the series that got scrapped at the last minute. I really wish they went with this look.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's a very silly nit for sure but...I would love to see Rachel with a less masculine hairstyle and cut. Halle Berry had her signature pixie cut which is super short but also ultra feminine and sexy
    I think my favorite of the recent cuts was when it had a bit more movement. I liked how it fell in X-Factor but also the movement in the wind or when flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

So there were plans for Betsy to have a new costume for the series that got scrapped at the last minute. I really wish they went with this look.
    Interesting! I like the line work of this new one much more and the lion is a nice callback to their father. I wonder why it got scrapped.

Yupp. Even a cut with more length and movement will do. I think she had something similar to this before.
    Short cut.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yeah I'm all for more length like that, especially if her hair will continue to be on fire when using her powers in Otherworld.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

I don't mind it but honestly I prefer her current look. I like the X across her chest and the sash on her waist as a callback to her ninja look. They should give the lion to Brian though, his costume while not awful is pretty generic and he did start his career sporting a lion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah I'm all for more length like that, especially if her hair will continue to be on fire when using her powers in Otherworld.
    The flame hair is a beauty-full touch.

I dont want her to have any of the patriotic colors or lion emblems or capes.

Hopefully they let Vasco design a new uniform for her since she's finding herself again in his series or whatever the solit said.

I think the masc look suits Rachel more than a femme vibe.

The flame hair is a beauty-full touch.
    Def one of my favorite things about her new look.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I dont want her to have any of the patriotic colors or lion emblems or capes.

Hopefully they let Vasco design a new uniform for her since she's finding herself again in his series or whatever the solit said.
    Yeah I'd love a brand new design by Vasco, something sleeker. No need for a cape in battle.

If the powers-that-be absolutely insist on patriotic colors, I'd prefer them not being plastered on her chest and more subtle like on her father's arms.

Brian could use a rework too, with the lion like Uncanny said.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Betsy wanting to be Captain Britain isn't a beat that came out of nowhere. She wanted to be Captain Britain before she was ever in an X-book. (Of course, that's it's own problem, insofar as, it is understandable for people to have not read those stories). But it's just not that absurd to think that Betsy might still think of herself as a member of the nation she was born and raised in, for all it's faults and foibles.
    I think that came up in the early issues of Excalibur where it felt like she wanted to do right by her homeland and be a proper Captain Britain but the situation and public reaction (and all the Otherworld stuff) just didn't let her, and she was torn between being a Mutant or a Brit.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I just want someone to rip of the allegorical bandage. Have Betsy be approached by some other group that’s willing to support her as Captain Britain, they don’t care that she is a mutant because she’s a natural born British citizen.

Have it so they do want her to take care of those other “undesirables” though (Indians, Pakistani, Muslims, Eastern Europeans, etc.) (this is sarcasm btw).

Have some people who support her unabashedly as well. Have some minority groups that aren’t mutants latch onto her as a symbol of minority rights in the Uk. If you are going to go for this kind of commentary, go deep on it.

Because the books doesn’t have fantasy tropes or He-who-must-not-be-named to fall back on anymore
    Last edited by Saithor; 10-10-2022 at 06:09 PM.