Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Bam! Because every single one of you demanded it.
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/226936

X-Men Marvel Legends Excalibur Three-Pack, coming in January. And with Lockheed included it's really a four-pack.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Each figure comes with an extra pair of hands in honor of Hellion.

I still have all three of those trading cards. Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

lololol, I spilled my tea. I think that was you best Hellion reference of all time.

But didn't we all demand Rachel Summers as Phoenix in her red costume? WHERE IS SHE IN THIS THREE PACK?! WHERE??!?!

Astonishing Member

If they ever do return to the magic school idea, I would love if Meggan was like, the headmistress. That would be so fitting, IMO, and a really interesting character direction for her that we only got light teases of with the few appearances of the Braddock Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    lololol, I spilled my tea. I think that was you best Hellion reference of all time.

But didn't we all demand Rachel Summers as Phoenix in her red costume? WHERE IS SHE IN THIS THREE PACK?! WHERE??!?!
    Haha! I suspect Kitty phased Rachel out of the box on the sneak, hence the shady smile on her face. I would have much preferred Phoenix Rachel included in the set. Her powers are more fun to pretend play with too.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    If they ever do return to the magic school idea, I would love if Meggan was like, the headmistress. That would be so fitting, IMO, and a really interesting character direction for her that we only got light teases of with the few appearances of the Braddock Academy.
    Yes, please. Her empathic powers would be so interesting to explore among the student body as headmistress. The Academy was running at the beginning of Excalibur but went dark after the Otherworld shenanigans. Now with the Manor confirmed as back in play, I'd love for the school to be reopened. In fact I think it would be interesting to see how it would fare as sentiments against mutants are changing rapidly in Britain. Safe haven for some young mutants like an Xavier's UK?

I also daydream of a scene where Betsy is fighting Coven Akkaba's monsters and some of the remaining/living students like Anachronism join in to help.

Astonishing Member

Haha! I suspect Kitty phased Rachel out of the box on the sneak, hence the shady smile on her face. I would have much preferred Phoenix Rachel included in the set. Her powers are more fun to pretend play with too.

Yes, please. Her empathic powers would be so interesting to explore among the student body as headmistress. The Academy was running at the beginning of Excalibur but went dark after the Otherworld shenanigans. Now with the Manor confirmed as back in play, I'd love for the school to be reopened. In fact I think it would be interesting to see how it would fare as sentiments against mutants are changing rapidly in Britain. Safe haven for some young mutants like an Xavier's UK?

I also daydream of a scene where Betsy is fighting Coven Akkaba's monsters and some of the remaining/living students like Anachronism join in to help.
    I do miss some of the Braddock Academy kids. Tbh I was bummed when Kid Briton punched his ticket because I always wanted to see more of him and Big Brian being like...absolutely disgusted by each other. Brian's like I can't believe this little punk is me, just from an alternate reality, and Kid Briton's like hey you're no prize yourself, Lame-Ass.

But yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Braddock Academy used as like a UK Xavier Institute/refuge for mutants who don't want to go to Krakoa for their own reasons. I'd find that more interesting than a return to the US school and it lets us keep Krakoa concurrently. You could also do something similar in Russia, with any Russian mutants who don't want to join Mikhail but are also wary of Krakoa (and lbr, they kinda have reason to, as long as Beast's running around unchecked being like Here's How The Red Scare Can Still Win), because the Russian mutant underground always had a lot of interesting characters like Stencil, Sibercat, Russian Xavier I mean Blind Faith, etc.

I do miss some of the Braddock Academy kids. Tbh I was bummed when Kid Briton punched his ticket because I always wanted to see more of him and Big Brian being like...absolutely disgusted by each other. Brian's like I can't believe this little punk is me, just from an alternate reality, and Kid Briton's like hey you're no prize yourself, Lame-Ass.

But yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Braddock Academy used as like a UK Xavier Institute/refuge for mutants who don't want to go to Krakoa for their own reasons. I'd find that more interesting than a return to the US school and it lets us keep Krakoa concurrently. You could also do something similar in Russia, with any Russian mutants who don't want to join Mikhail but are also wary of Krakoa (and lbr, they kinda have reason to, as long as Beast's running around unchecked being like Here's How The Red Scare Can Still Win), because the Russian mutant underground always had a lot of interesting characters like Stencil, Sibercat, Russian Xavier I mean Blind Faith, etc.
    Hmm. This is a great idea as there are elements to the school environment that I've always enjoyed but I'm of course in the very large camp that is in no way willing to sacrifice Krakoa to return to it. The Academy would be perfect though, especially for mutant youth that are not interested in Krakoa. Maggie to her classmates, "I lived there for a little while. It's great to visit but there isn't much in the way of activities and there's a lot of nudity." Russian mutants as you said, mutants from other non-treaty nations, and mutants from Otherworld. Though the immediate anti-mutant threat there is currently without a head, some areas are still dangerous. And it wouldn't be the first time the Manor took in mutated children.

I guess we're gonna need to retcon Kid Briton as a mutant and rezzie the boy so you can get your scenes. Brian as a headmaster needs to be written again: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjE4MokU...jpg&name=large

Astonishing Member

I guess we're gonna need to retcon Kid Briton as a mutant and rezzie the boy so you can get your scenes. Brian as a headmaster needs to be written again: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjE4MokU...jpg&name=large
    I can't believe this has never occurred to me before, but with all the AU Captain Britains running around, both the Betsy versions and the Brian ones, I'd imagine there HAVE to be realities out there where the twins' mutant/human status is flip-flopped and its Betsy that's human (aside from Otherworld derived heritage and powers) and Brian that's a mutant.

AU telepath-with-a-touch-of-precog Brian Braddock could be hella interesting to see appear for a story arc. (Especially if he's secure enough in his masculinity to rock Betsy's signature pink and purple, lol).

I can't believe this has never occurred to me before, but with all the AU Captain Britains running around, both the Betsy versions and the Brian ones, I'd imagine there HAVE to be realities out there where the twins' mutant/human status is flip-flopped and its Betsy that's human (aside from Otherworld derived heritage and powers) and Brian that's a mutant.

AU telepath-with-a-touch-of-precog Brian Braddock could be hella interesting to see appear for a story arc. (Especially if he's secure enough in his masculinity to rock Betsy's signature pink and purple, lol).
    Haha with lavender locks and all, yes! You're right, that's not a combination we've seen before. We've seen a male version of Betsy in an Asian body (which, did he suffer from a bodyswap too because.......?).
    It would be cool if one of the new Captain Betsy Corps was actually not a mutant but had the mutant brother. There's so many possibilities with the Corps and their families. As of right now we only know of that one Queen Betsy who is married to Warren, who used to date that reality's Kwannon.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Great figures. Definitely cool enough to display. Nice to see cap and Meg getting some figure love. I actually have those wonderful Jim Lee cards. I was so happy when they included Excalibur in the set.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Great figures. Definitely cool enough to display. Nice to see cap and Meg getting some figure love. I actually have those wonderful Jim Lee cards. I was so happy when they included Excalibur in the set.
    I love that card set so much and still have it in a binder. I always loved that Meggan card especially, flying free with the birds near the lighthouse. I may very well end up ordering this set. I have a bunch of figures stored away and I definitely don't have Brian and Meggan, nor a Shadowcat Kitty.

He's not wrong. This concludes the Mighty World of Marvel strip as everything is set up for the new Captain Britain series by Jamie Delano and Alan Davis, which we'll start covering next week. Stay tuned...
    I won't go into as much detail with Delano's CB run as I did with Moore's run, but I'll highlight the moments centered around the family. The first issue serves as a recap of much of what has come before, as Inspector Dai Thomas lays out evidence to his superiors to support his theory that Brian Braddock is Captain Britain. We get a couple of family images along the way.

At the same time, Brian and Betsy are catching up.

Brian recounts all he's been through, filling in pieces Betsy does not already know, which also serves to catch the reader up.

He highlights how he came to be...

... his recent resurrection, and brings the story to the now.

Dai Thomas completes his presentation and is disappointed when his superiors tell him that though they'll consider his proposal to further investigate and question Brian, he is to stand down for now. He leaves the meeting deciding to forward his report to RCX, the organization that has replaced S.T.R.I.K.E. Stay tuned...

Unaware that the Fury has entered the scene, Jaspers sits with himself, bored and lonely. So he creates some friends.

So remember Jaspers created these guys? Well after he was killed they became stuck on 616. They've been going around trying to be successful criminals but they're just not good at it. They realize they need a leader but unsure how to find one, they take out an ad in the newspaper. I'm serious.

Brian remembers the name "The Crazy Gang" because he encountered a version of them on Earth-238 and saw them again while battling Jaspers here on 616. Surely it can't be them though because they should have dissolved when Jaspers was killed. The ad is answered by a strange individual, who sends a car to pick up the Crazy Gang.

At the same time, we separately learn who has been sending those astronaut-looking bounty hunters after Brian.