I want to introduce their father because there's one element to him that is of great importance to who the twins are. It's a little tricky to focus on that one element though because of several related interwoven pieces so please bear with me as I try to streamline things. In order to do this I'll also introduce one of their father's greatest inventions.

James Braddock Sr.

Former member of the Captain Britain Corps, Black Bishop of the Hellfire Club, and the scientist known as "Brother" who worked alongside "Father" and "Mother" at Weapon Plus in the World. We're going to put pins in most of that and just focus on his origin.

James was a brilliant scientist and he created an advanced computer, dubbed "Mastermind", which was housed in the basement of Braddock Manor. It was massive, pretty much the size of the entire basement. One night while James and his wife, Lady Elizabeth, were up late waiting for Brian to get home, James decided to tinker with the computer to kill time as it was having some issues. Brian was in college and that evening he was late because he was on a date and got caught up with the young lady inside of his car, if you know what I mean. Brian developed intense guilt about this because while his parents were in the basement, the computer became sentient and killed them! At the time, Brian thought it was an accident and they were electrocuted. He blamed himself because they never would have went down there had he arrived home on time.

After becoming Captain Britain, he would later find out the truth about the computer murdering his parents. He finds out because the computer became sentient and tried killing him too but luckily he defeated it. However, that's not the element I'm focusing on today but I figured I'd give some backstory.

After a very traumatic experience endured by Betsy in the Manor (I'll cover THAT another time too), Mastermind appears once again and understandably scares everyone. However he's benevolent now and has appeared to offer advice on how to handle what just happened to her and the family. He explains that it is his duty to maintain the Manor and it's environment. "I am a vast resource which has not been utilized. I must fulfill my primary function. I will renovate the Manor then I shall advise and direct you." Brian can't stand him because of what he did to their parents so as Mastermind begins to offer advice, Brian is like, "What the hell do you know?!"