Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Sat-Yr-9. An alternate version of Saturnyne (and Courtney Ross) from Earth-794. We'll get back to her later though.

The caterpillar-looking individual has become the Crazy Gang's leader and sure enough has ignited a large crime spree. Brian learns of their various, high-level robberies and realizes they are indeed the Crazy Gang he remembers. He grows angry, dons his costume, and heads to the address from the newspaper ad. Upon entering he's attacked by the Gang and comes face to face with their leader.

The man who killed Psi-Division members Kevin, Vicki, and Avril. The man who almost killed Betsy, Tom, and Alison. Stay tuned...
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Ah, Sat-Yr-9! You can tell right from her hair that she's a bad apple!

I can't remember anymore, is she the one who kills and replaces Courtney at the beginning of Excalibur? Although Claremont himself seems to backtrack on that when she writes her again decades later in Uncanny X-Men and New Excalibur?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Each figure comes with an extra pair of hands in honor of Hellion.

I still have all three of those trading cards. Happy Holidays!
    This was a dream to me...before it was revealed.

I wish Kitty had curly hair...and Meggan did not look like the daughter of the Joker and Elle Fanning. Those two things made me not buy it back then, and still keeps me from buying it now.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Ah, Sat-Yr-9! You can tell right from her hair that she's a bad apple!

I can't remember anymore, is she the one who kills and replaces Courtney at the beginning of Excalibur? Although Claremont himself seems to backtrack on that when she writes her again decades later in Uncanny X-Men and New Excalibur?
    That's her in all her wickedness indeed. She's the one in that scan From the Shadows posted who kisses Brian at the party getting Meggan pissed off. But yeah it gets kinda muddy later especially in New Excalibur when Courtney shows up at the hospital? I need to revisit all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    This was a dream to me...before it was revealed.

I wish Kitty had curly hair...and Meggan did not look like the daughter of the Joker and Elle Fanning. Those two things made me not buy it back then, and still keeps me from buying it now.
    Not the Joker and Elle Fanning. I screamed lol

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

That's her in all her wickedness indeed. She's the one in that scan From the Shadows posted who kisses Brian at the party getting Meggan pissed off. But yeah it gets kinda muddy later especially in New Excalibur when Courtney shows up at the hospital? I need to revisit all of that.
    I also liked when she took Kitty under her wing later on in Excalibur... I think at the time Claremont was toying with the idea of Kitty's ultimate destiny being replacing Saturnyne as Omniversal Majestrix, so it would make sense for Sat-Yr-9/Courtney to try and groom Kitty and convert her to her wicked ways.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

I wish Kitty had curly hair...and Meggan did not look like the daughter of the Joker and Elle Fanning. .
    OMG, she does!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I also liked when she took Kitty under her wing later on in Excalibur... I think at the time Claremont was toying with the idea of Kitty's ultimate destiny being replacing Saturnyne as Omniversal Majestrix, so it would make sense for Sat-Yr-9/Courtney to try and groom Kitty and convert her to her wicked ways.

Man...trying to seduce Kitty Pryde with cake is evil but nowhere near as evil as when she sacrificed 100 slaves in honor of her mating with Killraven. Although he did kill her after finding out she was alien scum.

Saturnyne001.jpgSaturnyne002.jpg
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Oof she gives me the creeps, just like her (ex) boyfriend Kaptain Briton. That's really interesting about Claremont possibly making Kitty the Majestrix. I wasn't aware of that but that would have been something!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Man...trying to seduce Kitty Pryde with cake is evil but nowhere near as evil as when she sacrificed 100 slaves in honor of her mating with Killraven. Although he did kill her after finding out she was alien scum.

Saturnyne001.jpgSaturnyne002.jpg
    She's so vile. The kind of villain you love to hate.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I love that card set so much and still have it in a binder. I always loved that Meggan card especially, flying free with the birds near the lighthouse. I may very well end up ordering this set. I have a bunch of figures stored away and I definitely don't have Brian and Meggan, nor a Shadowcat Kitty.
    I really don't have much room. But my figures will definitely be Excalibur if I ever get any in the future.

I also have these cards by Joe Jusko. :-)

Aww the '92 Marvel Masterpieces set! That's my favorite card of Brian's of all time. His stance, his expression, every single muscle fiber and tendon. I love Betsy's as well so much. Wonderful memories here!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Aww the '92 Marvel Masterpieces set! That's my favorite card of Brian's of all time. His stance, his expression, every single muscle fiber and tendon. I love Betsy's as well so much. Wonderful memories here!
    The artist is very talented. Def great memories of card collecting. I feel so old, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    The artist is very talented. Def great memories of card collecting. I feel so old, lol.
    Haha, those were the days. Before online ordering when you went into comic shops completely blind, hoping to get your favorite characters' cards. Before social media when you had no idea what was coming up next in your favorite books. Yeah those were the days. *said from porch rocking chair*

Slaymaster makes his way to the Vixen's secret hideout, delivering Brian to her.

Slaymaster and Vixen have not been in touch since his arrest (after his fight with Brian when he was killing the psi-division.) He recounts how he escaped during the Jaspers Warp chaos, made plans to lure Brian to him, and how he subdued him.

Vixen has Brian stripped naked and held in a cell while her team studies his costume. Slaymaster doesn't care what's done to him but he wants the costume for himself. Vixen waves him off, saying he's in no position to want anything. She wants to learn how the costume works and possibly make a replica for herself. Slaymaster is not pleased.

Gross.

Slaymaster is disgusted by this as he watches on a monitor. He may be a villain but he has a certain code of ethics and feels Brian is a worthy foe that should be treated more honorably. He takes out the two goons guarding him and makes his way through the complex to find the costume. He finds it, while Vixen is being briefed on the costume by one of her scientists.

What Slaymaster doesn't realize is that the costume was designed specifically for Brian Braddock. No one else. He finds out the hard way.

Stay tuned...