Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Her attempt to stop him fails miserably.

Meanwhile, Brian mulls over his conversation with Saturnyne. He knows it's time to act.

But in doing so, the others are left vulnerable.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Tom sacrificed himself to save his love and their friends. Unfortunately Betsy and Alison were captured.

This is where I struggle to feel anymore compassion for Linda McQuillan, especially as a Betsy fan. While I understood her inability to fight the Fury due to sheer terror, these are foot soldiers that she likely would have easily taken down. Also, she didn't know anyone when the Fury arrived but now she has spent some time (weeks? months?) with this group as they took her in and tried to keep her safe. So yeah I'm kinda over her.

That being said, we see that Merlin's game influences their actions. And due to this moment, Saturnyne does what she does next. Stay tuned...

A brief interlude from the current story being covered, fast forwarding to recent history. The tragic death of Tom Lennox is one that weighed heavy on Betsy as depicted in the classic stories. It makes this reunion a very special one.

I'm looking forward to seeing what has transpired with this group and Pete Wisdom, and how they'll play into things as Betsy addresses the issue with Britain in BB:CB. Alison did survive their capture by The Vixen's forces so we'll be seeing some more of her in the classic stories being covered, including a lovely moment with Meggan coming up.

MCU: 10 New Heroes Who Should Be Introduced In Phase Five
    https://screenrant.com/mcu-new-heroe...ed-phase-five/

Captain Britain

"Sonya Falsworth is an old ally to Nick Fury, seemingly running a British spy agency. She is also the granddaughter of James Montgomery Falsworth from Captain America: The First Avenger, who in the comics is the hero, Union Jack. Perhaps she could follow in his footsteps, but otherwise, this inclusion can open the door to other important British heroes, including Captain Britain.

Brian and Betsy Braddock are twins and have both donned the title of Captain Britain, who, unlike their American counterpart, actually has an important connection to the Multiverse in the comics. They are part of the Captain Britain Corps, a multiversal team that protects the stability of reality. Both should definitely be introduced in Phase Five so that later they can get their own Disney+ series."

Yes and yes, thank you. Both could be introduced with Betsy already labeled a mutant. Then once the X-Men are formed she can join while Brian continues with his own adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Captain Britain

"Sonya Falsworth is an old ally to Nick Fury, seemingly running a British spy agency. She is also the granddaughter of James Montgomery Falsworth from Captain America: The First Avenger, who in the comics is the hero, Union Jack. Perhaps she could follow in his footsteps, but otherwise, this inclusion can open the door to other important British heroes, including Captain Britain.

Brian and Betsy Braddock are twins and have both donned the title of Captain Britain, who, unlike their American counterpart, actually has an important connection to the Multiverse in the comics. They are part of the Captain Britain Corps, a multiversal team that protects the stability of reality. Both should definitely be introduced in Phase Five so that later they can get their own Disney+ series."

Yes and yes, thank you. Both could be introduced with Betsy already labeled a mutant. Then once the X-Men are formed she can join while Brian continues with his own adventures.
    Yes! I hope Marvel is watching and aware of how vital de Corps are vital and fit perfectly with the Multiverse storylines. Very, very curious who they'll chose as CB ...
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Yes! I hope Marvel is watching and aware of how vital de Corps are vital and fit perfectly with the Multiverse storylines. Very, very curious who they'll chose as CB ...
    Agreed! It's perfect timing with everything being covered to at least introduce them, and it gets Betsy in the door early. As others have said, I'd be perfectly fine with Betsy being a spy (for Sonya's agency perhaps) and Brian being CB. Give us the multiversal family shenanigans!

Agreed! It's perfect timing with everything being covered to at least introduce them, and it gets Betsy in the door early. As others have said, I'd be perfectly fine with Betsy being a spy (for Sonya's agency perhaps) and Brian being CB. Give us the multiversal family shenanigans!
    True! That could totally work and I would even prefer him to be CB and let her be a psychic spy/model/pilot with TK pink constructs!

I always say that a Disney + series with the Braddocks could be a mixture of Doctor Who meets Succession meets Lost in Space set in Otherworld.

Jamie is in his early 30's, the twins and Meggan in their mid to late 20's.... Baby Maggie is a genius toddler as she's supposed to be....Maybe we could also have Pete Wisdom, Pixie and Kylun in the cast.

Some ideas:
    Would be cool if they all became orphans when they were still teens and inherited the fortune. Eventually Betsy and Jamie discovered their powers. Once adults they somehow follow some clues with Jamie's friend Pete on their family background and gain access to Otherworld, Narnia style. Once inside, the nerdy Brian becomes CB and they meet Meggan and Kylun. Meggan and Brian fall in love. in season two Meggan is pregnant and the baby inside her grows super fast. She delivers Maggie who is a genius early on. After many adventures the Braddocks discover their parents are still alive there.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 11-11-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Definitely what I want them to explore the Braddocks in a Disney Plus show. 8-10 episdoes please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Definitely what I want them to explore the Braddocks in a Disney Plus show. 8-10 episdoes please and thank you.
    right? And long episodes please!

I want the Furries, Merlyn, Roma, Saturnyne and the full Alan Davis craziness.

A Braddock series would be such a major treat.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    True! That could totally work and I would even prefer him to be CB and let her be a psychic spy/model/pilot with TK pink constructs!

I always say that a Disney + series with the Braddocks could be a mixture of Doctor Who meets Succession meets Lost in Space set in Otherworld.

Jamie is in his early 30's, the twins and Meggan in their late 20's. Baby Maggie is a genius toddler as she's supposed to be... Maybe we could also have Pete Wisdom, Pixie and Kylun in the cast.

Would be cool if they all became orphans when they were still teens and inherited the fortune. Eventually Betsy, Jamie and Meggan discovered their powers and gain access to Otherworld. Once inside, the nerdy Brian becomes CB. After many adventures they discover their parents are still alive there.
    Oh my goodness could you imagine little Maggie on our screens? She'd be a hit, fanpages popping up everywhere. 100% agree with Betsy being a psychic spy (working with Wisdom) who models as cover. Yeeeees to pink TK constructs!

I love the idea of them inheriting the fortune and the Manor could be a major setting. The family already has a built-in connection with the Hellfire Club so that could be brought in too (Shaw cameoed in the Moore/Davis run). Same as in the original CB run, Brian can stumble upon the computer their father built below the Manor which leads to their Otherworld access and like you said, brainiac Brian becomes Captain Britain. Just within the family alone there's so much content to mine and then Otherworld characters like Kylun and Saturnyne on top of it? Gold.

Then if Brian eventually becomes an Avenger, he and Betsy are the Avengers/X-Men link right there. Please Disney!
    Last edited by JB; 11-11-2022 at 11:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Captain Britain

All this. I think Phase 5 has a couple of perfect spots to introduce the Braddocks: Ms. Falsworth could easily be running STRIKE and perhaps work together with Sir James. We could then get introduced to the Braddock siblings. And also the current focus on the Multiverse would be the perfect context for the Captain Britain Corps - maybe as Kang's army at least initially? Saturnyne would also be a fun addition if you're bringing in the Corps.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Loving this! And also love one of the few original body Betsy's drawn by Jim Lee, from his very first photo issue of Uncanny X-Men.